Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Average Joe: Adam Returns (It's down to 5)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-04, 07:54 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Show hi-lites...
  • Adam has them build a basketball standard and then make a basket. The first one to do so gets a date. Christine wins.
  • Then they move inside for a day trading contest. Adam helps Samantha win. She gets an ice cream date.
  • Tracilee gets the 'good heart' award (in other words a fixed date, since Adam wants to go out with her -- for ice cream) comes home and won't talk to the other girls. They wanna know if they sucked face.
  • Adam takes Sam to the Golf Country Club where he won the date with Melena (remember the girl from the Black Jack Game Show? ). Zack is there to screw things up. He puts rocks in the golf bags, loosens the strap on the golf cart and even remotely cause the cart to crash in the water hazard and sink. So he and ? have to work for the afternoon as custodial people, then they get the spa treatment. They suck face in the hot tub.
  • Tracilee gets peeved at all the girls for talking behind her back... and asks them what they've said about her. They confess their backstabs... she could care less.
  • Adam takes Chistine for a romantic dinner/boat ride... and they suck face too.
  • While Adam and Sam are out, the rest of the girls are watching the finale of Average Joe 2: Hawaii... when all of a sudden Boston Brian shows up to watch it with them. In my opinion, he could have gotten some sympathy tail, ut he was a gentleman and left soon after.
  • ... but, there was a promo for 'Adam Returns' after the show, where all the girls in the house watch shots of Adam kissing the other 4 girls he's had dates with... then the claws and tears come out. Those who haven't 'gotten any' feel they will be overlooked for the girls who 'put out'.
  • To make a long story short... Adam drops 4 of the 5 girls he hasn't had a date with (Courtney, Jennifer A, Heather, and Jennifer L) and then drops Tracilee (the ice cream date)

So that leaves Stephanie, Rachel, Christine, Samantha and Amy.

Next week is a 2-hour finale. The first hour will whittle them from 5 to 2, then they'll meet his family.

Big Twist: Adam's family doesn't like one of the two he's chosen!

The horror!
Old 03-30-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
He definitely makes some strange choices.

This show is going really fast.

Never saw the Hawaii Average Joe. So that was the Average Joe - I can see why Miss USA took the other guy.
Old 03-30-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't believe the season finale is already upon us. What a quick show.

Can't believe Tracilee (aka Traci, according to Adam) is really 23/24? Maybe she traded 20 years off her skin to get those big ol' boobies.

Can't believe everyone (including herself in another episodes) thinks Heather's so beautiful. Meh.

Zack was funny. Brian missed out on at least a sympathy foursome. Rachel looks way too much like an ex-girlfriend of mine. Christine seemed really cool. Smooth move getting the date with Sam. to keeping Stephanie even without a date and dumping Tracilee. Sad to see Jennifer A. go, as she was cracking some good jokes, and we never really got to know her. No complaints on his other selections.

das
Old 03-30-04, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Right now, I'm rooting for Christine or Amy to be the final pick for Adam.

This show is moving so fast that not much time is devoted to each girl. Hard to tell who has chemistry with Adam.
Old 03-30-04, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Amy has been my pick from the get-go. Rachel is too scary.
Old 03-30-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy is the blond girl?? right??

I thaught Tracilee was alright plus she was from his home state.

There is on girl with brown hair I think her name is Rachel (?) she looks like your typical girl next door..he might choose her

I liked the rewind/pause vcr segment "who is he kissing now" ??

..But don't all these girls seem kind of desparate??..Why go on t.v. to find "love"!! Aren't there any single normal men where these people live??

As John Lennon once sang:

Strange days indeed....most peculiar mama
Old 04-05-04, 07:30 PM

Don't forget - It ends tonight!
Old 04-05-04, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The tattoo is worse than Fabio
Old 04-05-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Adam, you numnut!

Ok, so I didn't watch 'til tonight and don't really know the woman but I really preferred the one he didn't pick.
Old 04-05-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really disappointed in Adam's choice. To me, it proved him something of a hypocrit. I liked her up until tonight where she just came across as to
Spoiler:
high society and slightly snobby. Her and the dog was so obnoxious. That thing wasn't a dog, it was a freaking stuffed animal!
. The other one just seemed like the total package and seemed to have some geniune class. Adam just proved that he didn't deserve to be picked by the girl when he was in the ladies shoes.
I think physical attraction played to much on his choice but frankly, I thought the other girl was better looking anyway, especially on their date and at the very end wih the bus and jet. She just seemed to be very classy and elegant. Well, atleast she can know that with as much going for her as she has, she'll find someone who appreciates her.
Old 04-05-04, 10:06 PM

Hello everyone.Been reading the forum for a while but just had to register tonight to say one thing.
"Say goodbye to your money fool".If she doesn't spend it all now she'll get what's left in the divorce,if they make it that far.
Oh,and the next show should be about Rachel.What an absolute dream.

Last edited by Gr8full; 04-05-04 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-05-04, 10:11 PM
Cool New Member

That's OK Rachel, Adam doesn't deserve you.
Old 04-05-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Who did Mouth pick?
Old 04-05-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
I am apalled at the final choice!

Worst. Decision. EVER.
Old 04-05-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Adam will regret choosing the snob. His parents were 100% correct. Rachel was it! What an idiot.
Old 04-05-04, 10:39 PM
Li

Is anyone really surprised at his choice considering the same thing happened on the other two shows? They always pick the one they're most physically attracted, to whether that person really seems like an overall great a person or not.

I really thought that gassy dog was a deal breaker, but I guess not. The dressing it up thing.. ugg.
Old 04-05-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by B.A.
Who did Mouth pick?
Stephanie? Samantha?
Old 04-05-04, 10:57 PM

Samantha
Old 04-05-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's what I thought from the comments above, but I wasn't sure because I only caught bits and pieces of the eps.

Thanks
Old 04-05-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I missed the last 15 minutes of tonights show. He dumped Rachel?

Adam, Adam, Adam, Adam.

I'm thinking that he has a need to go after women who aren't right for him, bypassing the good ones who are there for the taking. Kind of the opposite of the women (or girls) who always date the bad boys, hoping that their love will change them (you know, the guys who cheat, spend every night out drinking, etc etc).
Old 04-05-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Adam picked style (Samantha) over substance (Rachel). I guess it's turn-about play since he was dumped by Melana who picked style (physical) over substance (charm).
Old 04-05-04, 11:50 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
... that's it. I'm never watching another episode of Average Joe ever again!

Any faith I had in Adam has gone down the crapper!
Old 04-06-04, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's always difficult to tell, since we all know the editing is so fake, but it seemed like Rachel hit the nail on the proverbial head: Adam simply got scared. All that crap about taking chances was just excuses. Being with Rachel would be real, and he's just not ready for that.

That being said, I'm convinced they intentionally edit this show to make the loser look better to set up the next show and generate talk. After the way Average Joe: Hawaii was edited, it seemed clear from the beginning of the night that Samantha was going to win this thing. If nothing else, the way he completely brushed aside Stephanie was the biggest indicator.

Oh well ... here's to watching Average Jane with Rachel next season.

das
Old 04-06-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Hey, I picked the winner from the get go this time!
Old 04-06-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Except that Rachel is so not average. She's beautiful AND she has class. She's definitely going to be coming back with her own show though. So for us, the viewers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.