DVD Talk
CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread") [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ITALIAN926
03-29-04, 07:32 PM
This opening post is always edited and updated

K7L, K7M, K7N, K7P, K7Q are the best online codes giving the lowest average DVD price. A PSN is required to use these codes (previous account number) AND there is NO credit card option at checkout. (lowest average dvd price = 6 enrollment + 1 regular price to fullfill)

You get 5 DVDs for 49 each-- shipping and processing is FREE! As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 2 more movies in the next year at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting customer service. ADVANCE BONUS OFFER! Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 1 more movie to buy (instead of 2) in the next year.

----------------------------

1KJ,1KX,1KK,1KG,C7L,C7M,C7W,E7F,C7Y,C7Z ,EBP,C80,C81,C82,C83,C84,C85,C86,C87,C88,C89 are the next best online codes ... NO PSN required and credit card at checkout. USE THESE CODES IF ITS YOUR FIRST TIME ORDERING (or dont want to bother with a PSN) (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)

Best codes w/ PSN DR5, BZW, BWJ, 1LM, LMT, LMY, 38Y, IKJ, 59H, 59J (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)
These codes to be used if you have a PSN (previous account number) to spare, otherwise use the first set of codes. No Credit card at checkout
You get 6 DVDs for 49 each--FREE shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 7th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take an 8th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

NoxHaveN
03-30-04, 02:51 PM
thanks ! :up:

-nox

ceeece
03-30-04, 03:11 PM
I just rejoined the other day. Can't remember the code but it is this same deal (PSN was required). I'll be getting:

Seabiscuit
Weird Science
Reign of Fire
Undercover Brother
Watership Down
Rocky IV

thawtz
03-30-04, 06:00 PM
Nice! I tried to do something like this a while back but had far fewer codes. Add to the list e7h and 72s (and variations).

ITALIAN926
04-07-04, 11:38 AM
I know u guys need these codes, so TOP ! :-D

ENDContra
04-09-04, 03:38 AM
Any of these require credit card on order? I find more of my accounts go through when I have to pay up front.

sade
04-09-04, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ENDContra
Any of these require credit card on order? I find more of my accounts go through when I have to pay up front.

I couldn't agree more :)

Sade

lizard
04-09-04, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ENDContra
Any of these require credit card on order? I find more of my accounts go through when I have to pay up front. Probably not. But you can check by placing a mock order and seeing if the code requires a PSN. If it does then it is likely that you won't be required to pay up-front with a credit card (but you can't tell for sure except by actually placing the order).

Of course, this whole question is moot if you call in your orders. Those always require payment by credit card. Up to you.

ITALIAN926
04-09-04, 11:12 AM
Hey guys.. I just tried three of the codes and Im not trying any more because my 3rd attempt got processed without the option for a credit card so Im kinda bummed about that !!! LOL See the sacrafices I make for you people?? lol

OK 36X and 3LL both gave the credit card option.....

GK0 did NOT have the pay now option.

YOURE WELCOME !!!!! :mad: :)

ITALIAN926
04-09-04, 11:30 AM
ALRIGHT GUYS.... I Investigated further and tested EVERY CODE.

IF the code starts with 3 you will get a credit card option at checkout. SO........

36X, 3LL, 37F, 37G, 37H, 3LM, & 3LC are all codes to use a credit card. :)

:updated opening post

lizard
04-09-04, 03:11 PM
Thanks! That should be a big help to those who want to pay up-front with a credit card. It also likely means that those codes can be used for mail-in enrollments by selecting that option, printing out the order, and mailing it in with a check.

AlphaOmega
04-10-04, 02:00 AM
These codes only work when you first sign up, correct? I've looked through several pages (skimmed rather) for mailing codes and found nothing. Is this the case or is there a reason behind the madness? Thanks-

lizard
04-10-04, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AlphaOmega
These codes only work when you first sign up, correct? I've looked through several pages (skimmed rather) for mailing codes and found nothing. Is this the case or is there a reason behind the madness? Thanks- These are enrollment codes for new accounts and have nothing to do with existing accounts.

"On-line codes" (sale offer codes) for existing accounts have limited utility, since they only work if you happen to have that offer on your account. And most (but not all) sale offers aren't of much value anyway. There hasn't been a systematic collection of those codes so far as I am aware. The sale offer that is of greatest value, "free shipping for three" usually applies to all accounts when it occurs and doesn't need a code.

taa455
04-16-04, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the effort, ITALIAN926. Good info!

TheBang
04-20-04, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ITALIAN926

IF the code starts with 3 you will get a credit card option at checkout. SO........

:updated opening post Thanks for the research. I'll incorporate it into the next changes to the FAQ.

thejester
04-23-04, 08:12 AM
Just FYI - Two days ago when I called my orders/apps in, the CSR said that the code I was trying to use (178) was coming up "Invalid". So, it appears that another is going the wayside - maybe? That would explain my missing apps recently sonce I was using 178 exclusively for them. Anyways, I got my order in with 67P - which still works for now.

ITALIAN926
04-23-04, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by thejester
Just FYI - Two days ago when I called my orders/apps in, the CSR said that the code I was trying to use (178) was coming up "Invalid". So, it appears that another is going the wayside - maybe? That would explain my missing apps recently sonce I was using 178 exclusively for them. Anyways, I got my order in with 67P - which still works for now.

Its still working online. I'll never call CH to order an enrollment package.

thejester
04-23-04, 05:41 PM
Its still working online. I'll never call CH to order an enrollment package.

Well, something is going on. I've done 4 applications in the last 2 months thru one of my accounts & gotten zippo. All 4 were using the "178" code.

I call in an app & the CSR says that the 178 offer is invalid & the default offer is coming up in it's place. The CSR read me the offer details for the supposed "178" and when I say that's not right, she says that it did come up as invalid & the default offer applied.

Needless to say, I asked to switch to another code offer - in this case 67P. The details on that one came back correct.

The online site might still be taking it, but how many have actually gotten it to work lately?

DVDho78DTS
04-23-04, 09:05 PM
I used 178 for my last order one month ago (3/22). Everything went smoothly.

bballing
04-26-04, 12:30 PM
I think CH is being greedy and is going to eventually lose a lot of customers.

We know CH was doing very well, now they decided to up the fulfillments so they can make even more money. It seems to me like they are slowly eliminating all of the 6/2 codes.

Don't they realize that their new 6/4 basic offer is not very enticing? You get 6 dvds for under $20 but then have to spend at least $80 to fulfill.

A person can go to walmart or bestbuy, etc and pick up these same titles for $10-$15.

I think they are in trouble if they continue with this plan.

BackStJoe
04-27-04, 09:58 AM

:updated opening post

I just tried to join with one of these...it told me that I'd only need two to fufill, then when I got to the end, it said I need to buy 4 more at regular prices?? Is this just a glitch when you get to the sign up page?

lizard
04-27-04, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by bballing
I think CH is being greedy and is going to eventually lose a lot of customers.

We know CH was doing very well, now they decided to up the fulfillments so they can make even more money. It seems to me like they are slowly eliminating all of the 6/2 codes.

Don't they realize that their new 6/4 basic offer is not very enticing? You get 6 dvds for under $20 but then have to spend at least $80 to fulfill.

A person can go to walmart or bestbuy, etc and pick up these same titles for $10-$15.

I think they are in trouble if they continue with this plan. Columbia House has been using this business model for DECADES. While they have upped the standard fulfillment requirement a bit they went to free shipping for enrollments (presumably because their surveys showed that customers hate the shipping charge). If anything, their standard deal is a bit cheaper than it was a few years ago.

Most Columbia House customers buy more than the minimum required fulfillments, despite it not being cost effective to do so. While you may be aware that the standard deal isn't that good compared to the strategies we use, the complexity of it obscures the true cost for most folks.

The standard deal isn't all that bad if one doesn't buy more than the required fulfillments and uses the $5 off web site. It works out to about $10.12 per DVD. This would be even less during "free shipping for three". Four of those DVDs could be new releases or pre-orders; I doubt that you could get those for $10 at Wal-Mart.

lizard
04-27-04, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BackStJoe
I just tried to join with one of these...it told me that I'd only need two to fufill, then when I got to the end, it said I need to buy 4 more at regular prices?? Is this just a glitch when you get to the sign up page? This is a known glitch in the web site. It has been described in several threads including This One (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358995).

After reviewing the details of the offer you entered, DO NOT use the "Shop for DVDs Now" link. If you do it will revert to the standard offer. Instead, use the search function or back up to the previous page.

ITALIAN926
04-27-04, 03:19 PM
Isnt it amazing how a company as large as Columbia House can have these OBVIOUS glitches in their website?? Not just the "shop for DVD's now" glitch, but even more so, the inability to change your fullfillments to regular price at checkout. Im sure by now theyve gotten 1000's of complaints, yet they cant get the site straightened out. This is obviously done on purpose to basically STEAL from ignorant people and to give the knowledgeable a hassle. These arent temporary glitches, theyve been around for a year now.

JohnSeminal
04-27-04, 09:58 PM
What does the PSN number tell columbia house? Is that where the order is shipped? Can I use a PSN that I found on google, or will that effect someone else's account?

thejester
04-27-04, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by JohnSeminal
What does the PSN number tell columbia house? Is that where the order is shipped? Can I use a PSN that I found on google, or will that effect someone else's account?

You probably DON'T want to use a PSN found on Google or anywhere else for that matter. CH uses those PSNs to "link" your accounts together. You really don't want to be "linked" to an account that potentially has a bad history - do you??? What else they use them for is up for interpretation.

ITALIAN926
04-28-04, 11:52 AM
I once made up a PSN and it worked fine.. just started with the first 4 digits of a previous membership number and randomly picked the rest of the digits.

lizard
04-28-04, 12:15 PM
The PSN probably tells Columbia House that you have been a responsible customer in the past who has paid bills in a timely manner. (Some people have been known to defraud CH by ordering enrollments and not paying for them.) On most new accounts one either has to pay up-front or use a PSN (or both).

basaro
04-29-04, 07:05 AM
ITALIAN,

We should have DDK on the code list too. It is the ONLY code for a new member to use first time without a PSN.

I helped a friend sign up the other day and used DDK for him because he didn't have a previous membership to use a PSN from.

Terms of DDK are get 2 free now (plus s&h), then get 3 more free (plus s&h) when you buy 2 at regular prices (plus s&h).

This is also a good code for anyone to use since you can usually get non-enrollment titles for the 3 free titles using the vouchers they send you.

Can you update the main thread? Thanks for starting this thread in the first place, good work :)

lizard
04-29-04, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by basaro
...since you can usually get non-enrollment titles for the 3 free titles using the vouchers they send you... This is not supposed to be the case, but CSRs sometimes make mistakes. Those last three DVDs are supposed to be restricted to enrollment titles.

Those using DD* codes (there are several) should be aware that the offer details state that shipping/handling is $1.99 per DVD. But when placing the order for the final three on the phone (it isn't possible to do it on-line, but one could do it by e-mail) there is a glitch in the system so that the CSRs will nearly always charge $2.50 S/H per DVD. When this happens just read them the offer details (print it out when you enroll) and get it corrected.

On the other hand, once in awhile the CSR won't charge anything at all for shipping for the final three.

basaro
04-29-04, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by lizard
This is not supposed to be the case, but CSRs sometimes make mistakes. Those last three DVDs are supposed to be restricted to enrollment titles.

Those using DD* codes (there are several) should be aware that the offer details state that shipping/handling is $1.99 per DVD. But when placing the order for the final three on the phone (it isn't possible to do it on-line, but one could do it by e-mail) there is a glitch in the system so that the CSRs will nearly always charge $2.50 S/H per DVD. When this happens just read them the offer details (print it out when you enroll) and get it corrected.

On the other hand, once in awhile the CSR won't charge anything at all for shipping for the final three.

YMMV. All good stuff to know. Thanks!

ITALIAN926
04-29-04, 09:23 PM
In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments. I wont add that in because ToddB has the different type codes in the FAQ.

basaro
04-29-04, 10:56 PM
In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments. I wont add that in because ToddB has the different type codes in the FAQ.

OK, they might be a pain in the butt, but they are the cheapest way for a new member to join. After that they'll have a PSN and can join using one of the good codes listed here.

Just thought it would be helpful for newbies. The more helpful information, the better ;)

the big train
04-30-04, 12:04 AM
In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments.
It is also cheaper per disc and as a whole. It also allows the member to spread out enrollments if s/he can't find six titles to order on the front end.

And the enrollment rainchecks on the back end can be redeemed via email.

lizard
04-30-04, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by the big train
It is also cheaper per disc and as a whole. It also allows the member to spread out enrollments if s/he can't find six titles to order on the front end.

And the enrollment rainchecks on the back end can be redeemed via email. Exactly! For those of us who don't want to cycle through accounts as fast as possible, and don't mind the extra hassle, DD* codes are a good way to go.

bballing
04-30-04, 02:18 PM
I am going to try and call in and apply.

Can someone please recommend a good 6/2 code to use over the phone?

ITALIAN926
05-07-04, 07:18 PM
^

DVDsir
05-17-04, 05:14 PM
^

ITALIAN926
05-23-04, 05:22 PM
^

viking99
05-23-04, 07:28 PM
Can someone please recommend a good 6/2 code to use over the phone?

72SD has worked repeatedly for me over the last couple of months. This is a standard 6 enrollments for 17.40 w/two more to buy.

ITALIAN926
06-04-04, 09:23 AM
^

NCYankee
06-04-04, 01:41 PM
I would assume 57a is dead? I tried to use it a couple days ago (I just found this forum so didn't have the newer codes). It SEEMS to work - the correct details come up - but when you get to the "sign up" screen, it starts doing weird thing like deleting DVDs saying they are "Unsellable" - when they were valid enrollment selections.

I called in and joined using a CSR - no problems at all. I would assume I won't get my $5 internet coupon though?

What happens if you use the "search by selection number" and enter numbers for new releases? It seems to accept them, but I would assume that the account will be rejected at some point in the future.

Also, I have seen someone mention that $21.95 selections are not available as enrollment choices - but I was able to get a couple (Dances with Wolves and Unforgiven, 2-disc SEs). They show up in the catalog without asterisks, and can be found by searching from the enrollment page - but are listed at $21.95. (Same is true for Gladiator signature series, but it doesn't turn up when searching from the enrollment page).

budster7
06-04-04, 04:57 PM
What's the best code to use that doesn't require a PSN (and preferably requires a credit card)? I'm looking for one of the deals that involve getting 5 at $0.49 each (+ 1 at $14.95) with free shipping during enrollment, and buy 2 more to fulfill committment.

SFranke
06-04-04, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by NCYankee
I called in and joined using a CSR - no problems at all. I would assume I won't get my $5 internet coupon though?

Personally, I've found that orders placed over the internet get lost nine times out of ten. Phone enrollments never get lost, at least for me.

Also, you assume incorrectly: you will be able to use the $5 off coupon. However, if you call, you can request the 10% off offer, which may work out better for you.

lizard
06-05-04, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by budster7
What's the best code to use that doesn't require a PSN (and preferably requires a credit card)? I'm looking for one of the deals that involve getting 5 at $0.49 each (+ 1 at $14.95) with free shipping during enrollment, and buy 2 more to fulfill committment. So far as I am aware, all the best 6 + 2 type codes require a PSN. You can open an account using such a code by calling it in and, when asked for a PSN, just say that you don't have it in front of you.

You could also use a 2 + 2 + 3 code like DECD. It requires no PSN but does require payment up front (credit card). Although a bit cheaper than the best 6 + 2 codes, DECD is a bit more hassle since it takes three orders to get all your DVDs. Also, they will usually charge a bit too much in shipping ($2.50 each versus $1.99) when you place the order for the last three and you will have to get the mistake corrected. (But sometimes they charge no shipping at all for the final three enrollments.)

rlogle
06-09-04, 01:11 AM
Every time I try to use one of the codes to join I have to enter a freakin' PSN. What's the deal? I wanna do this and be billed for it. I think it's impossible.

lizard
06-09-04, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by rlogle
Every time I try to use one of the codes to join I have to enter a freakin' PSN. What's the deal? I wanna do this and be billed for it. I think it's impossible. Can you do it with a 72S type 6 + 2 code? No. But you have several other options if you are willing to pay up-front with a check. If you truly want CH to send you DVDs before you pay for them, yes, that option has disappeared for the most part. Why? Columbia House was defrauded by people who ordered numerous enrollment packages and never paid for them. So they went to pay first, whether by credit card or check.

If you just want to use a check instead of a credit card, you could use a 2 + 2 + 3 code, like DECD, and print out the order and mail it in with a check, no PSN required. Pretty simple and it works. Or you could just send in one of the mail offers that CH sends those of us who have been members before or are found in magazines and numerous other places. The latter offers aren't as good as DECD but they are way cheaper than most stores for DVD buying. And they say "Send no money now, we will bill you".

It's up to you.

mmguen
06-09-04, 02:59 PM
I've used a lot of PSN's on online applications that got lost. Can PSN's be used more than once?

Thanks

ITALIAN926
06-10-04, 12:20 PM
Yes they can.

Not in my experience applying online.

zak52
06-10-04, 04:05 PM
What's a PSN?

bballing
06-10-04, 05:35 PM
Whats a dvd?

lizard
06-11-04, 09:21 AM
Not in my experience applying online. You may be right. The last time I did re-use a PSN on-line was in March, so I can't say if it is still possible. (Since then I have been using codes that don't require a PSN, with mixed results.) I will delete my post above. Best to use a new PSN for on-line applications or call in orders.

lizard
06-11-04, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by zak52
What's a PSN? From the FAQ thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107726#ii) at the top of this forum:

h. The CSR or website asks for a "Preferred Status Number" (PSN) with my code. What is that?
Many of the better codes (such as 67P) require a PSN to use. A PSN is simply any previous Columbia House 11-digit membership number. Membership numbers from the Music, DVD, Video, or TV Greats Clubs will all work. If you do not have a previous membership, you should be able to bluff you way through a phone order. Oftentimes on the phone, a CSR will not ask for a PSN, or you can get away with telling them that you don't have one.

Snufflelufugus
06-13-04, 01:04 PM
You could also use a 2 + 2 + 3 code like DECD. It requires no PSN but does require payment up front (credit card). Although a bit cheaper than the best 6 + 2 codes, DECD is a bit more hassle since it takes three orders to get all your DVDs. Also, they will usually charge a bit too much in shipping ($2.50 each versus $1.99) when you place the order for the last three and you will have to get the mistake corrected. (But sometimes they charge no shipping at all for the final three enrollments.)

I'm ready to pop my CH cherry, but I want to make sure I'm doing things properly. That DECD code looks good since I don't have a PSN or a CC at this time (just changed banks). I pretty much just want to verify that I will have an opportunity to get all 7 DVD's in one pop as opposed to writing three different checks and getting three seperate orders over a period of time. Also, would I get a PSN after making this purchase? I apologize for my ignorance.

Lemondrop
06-13-04, 05:16 PM
Nice , just signed up for another account . Been a while and took some work to find a old customer number but it's in . We shall see if it gets lost :)

lizard
06-14-04, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Snufflelufugus
I'm ready to pop my CH cherry, but I want to make sure I'm doing things properly. That DECD code looks good since I don't have a PSN or a CC at this time (just changed banks). I pretty much just want to verify that I will have an opportunity to get all 7 DVD's in one pop as opposed to writing three different checks and getting three seperate orders over a period of time. Also, would I get a PSN after making this purchase? I apologize for my ignorance. No, DECD definitely would require three orders and three checks. There are some codes that require no fulfillment, meaning that you can just place one order, get the DVDs, and cancel the account, but they are quite expensive by our standards here (around $10 per DVD, IIRC).

At minimum, you will need to place two orders with most codes. And the best priced of those 6/2 codes require a PSN or a credit card.

I am afraid I don't have an answer for you. It is actually a bit difficult to find ways to pay using a check (although it can be done using mail-in orders). But in one order with decent prices? I don't think that it can be done.

In answer to the last question: yes, you would get an account number that could be used as a PSN for your next order, thus simplifying things the next time around.

Snufflelufugus
06-14-04, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll probably just write a check to a family member or friend and use their CC for buying movies until I get my own from the bank.

zak52
06-16-04, 06:14 PM
Whats a dvd?
Not necessary newbie.

zak52
06-16-04, 06:21 PM
From the FAQ thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107726#ii) at the top of this forum:

h. The CSR or website asks for a "Preferred Status Number" (PSN) with my code. What is that?
Many of the better codes (such as 67P) require a PSN to use. A PSN is simply any previous Columbia House 11-digit membership number. Membership numbers from the Music, DVD, Video, or TV Greats Clubs will all work. If you do not have a previous membership, you should be able to bluff you way through a phone order. Oftentimes on the phone, a CSR will not ask for a PSN, or you can get away with telling them that you don't have one.
Thanks lizard. Does it have to be a previous membership number or can it be one that you still have opened?

lizard
06-17-04, 12:06 PM
Thanks lizard. Does it have to be a previous membership number or can it be one that you still have opened? An open account number should work fine. (The purpose of the PSN appears to be to show CH that you have been a customer before and have paid your bills.)

Movie_Man
06-19-04, 08:15 PM
Received this code in the mail, which looks the same as the other best code available.

J8Y
- PSN required, but not credit card
You get 5 DVDs for 49 each-- shipping and processing is FREE!
Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 2 more movies to buy in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95--shipping and processing is once again FREE.

bballing
06-19-04, 08:37 PM
Not necessary newbie.

Zip.

It is necessary, I was mocking someone who asked a stupid question. IE the answer is all over the place, look a little.

viking99
06-20-04, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Movie_Man
Received this code in the mail, which looks the same as the other best code available.

J8Y

Thanks for posting that Movie_Man. The 72SD still works, but it's good to know another current code. I just punched J8YD into the web sign-up screen and it did indeed yield the 72SD type details:

As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting customer service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 2 more movies to buy (instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95--shipping and processing is once again FREE.

zak52
06-20-04, 06:21 PM
Zip.

It is necessary, I was mocking someone who asked a stupid question. IE the answer is all over the place, look a little.
Damn Newbie, if you act like a jerk with something as petty as this, I would hate to see how you react to something that actually means something.

bballing
06-21-04, 10:29 PM
Damn Newbie, if you act like a jerk with something as petty as this, I would hate to see how you react to something that actually means something.

Zip.

ITALIAN926
06-24-04, 12:24 PM
Thanx for the new code, added to the list. :)

techiedragon
06-24-04, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Movie_Man

J8Y
- PSN required, but not credit card
Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 2 more movies to buy in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95--shipping and processing is once again FREE.

I can confirm that this code works - I just signed up with it online (applied Tuesday night, approved about an hour ago).

SuprVgeta
06-28-04, 08:25 PM
sent in a '37G' app last Thursday and haven't heard anything back on it. That's my umm.... 3rd lost application in a row, so looks like I will try phoning in my next order.

viking99
06-28-04, 09:21 PM
Phoning is the way to go. I've had eight phone applications accepted in four months (1 TV Edition, 7 regular DVD accts). This was after running a 90% failure rate on web-apps.

NCYankee
06-28-04, 11:18 PM
I have a question on restrictions for enrollment selections - do they apply to the $14.95 DVD you can purchase when enrolling?

SFranke
06-28-04, 11:24 PM
Yes. The 14.95 title must be available for enrollment (neither the web site nor the CSRs will allow you to select a non-enrollment title on an application).

NCYankee
06-29-04, 12:00 AM
Thanks - and one more question, I notice that if you use the "search by selection number" tab, you can enter selections which would not normally appear in the enrollment list, and it will APPEAR to accept them - I got as far as the sign-up screen before aborting. I assume that at some point in the process, the app will be rejected.

I also noticed that the online catalog no longer has asterisks next to ineligible selections. When I opened a new account about a month ago they were still there - however, at least one I saw was wrong. There was an asterisk next to the one-disc edition of Dances with Wolves - but not the 2 disc set (which, in any event, was available).

SFranke
06-29-04, 11:11 AM
I just tried DEC and DECD over the telephone three times. All the CSRs said it was dead.

DDK and DDM are kaput, also.

SFranke
06-29-04, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by NCYankee
Thanks - and one more question, I notice that if you use the "search by selection number" tab, you can enter selections which would not normally appear in the enrollment list, and it will APPEAR to accept them - I got as far as the sign-up screen before aborting. I assume that at some point in the process, the app will be rejected.

I also noticed that the online catalog no longer has asterisks next to ineligible selections. When I opened a new account about a month ago they were still there - however, at least one I saw was wrong. There was an asterisk next to the one-disc edition of Dances with Wolves - but not the 2 disc set (which, in any event, was available).

There's no question in your post, so I'll say this: if you cannot find a DVD by searching for its title on the enrollment site, you cannot enroll with it [with the exception of the phone-only titles {see the FAQ}]. Some folks got lucky with the Casablanca 2-disc before it was available for enrollment by searching for the selection number, but the success rate is very, very small.

lizard
06-30-04, 09:37 AM
I have received a "we want you back" code that, while not as good as the 72S type codes listed in the first post, is better than the standard 6/3 deal they send out: JNWD. The "bonus" is $9.95 instead of $14.95, saving $5 on the overall membership cost.

Enrollment: 5 x 49 + $9.95 (free shipping) = $12.40 (6 DVDs)
Fulfillment: 3 x $19.95 + $6.97 (shipping) - $5 (web discount) = $61.82 (3 DVDs)

Total = $12.40 + $61.82 = $74.22 (9 DVDs)

Average = $74.22/9 = ~$8.25

JNWD requires a PSN.

viking99
06-30-04, 01:57 PM
I hope that the appearance of JNWD is not indicative of a retreat by CH from the 72S type deals. $8.25 isn't bad, but it's $1.09 more than we're used to. OTOH, it's an improvement to the normal "we want you back", so maybe it's a step in the right direction.

SideShow
06-30-04, 07:39 PM
I don't know if this will help anyone but I enrolled using 37G and was approved within the week and recieved my enrollment package about 3 days after that.

Upper pylon 3
07-01-04, 07:41 AM
I tried e7h over the phone last night and the csr could not find it in his system.

I then tried 67P and for that one the commitment was 4.

I will try others tonight.

Jim
07-01-04, 11:45 AM
DDH is almost the same ad DDK, but each of the 2+3 enrollments is $2.48 ($0.49 + $1.99 S&H). I think it averages out to $7.47.

DDL and DDV are the same as DDH.

DEC still shows up online.

I just found several codes that are 23e-type (6 for $17.40 and 2 fulfillments): BXND, DXND, JXND

thejester
07-01-04, 06:51 PM
Is it time to run the trawler again? Or, has there not been enough code turn-over yet??

habers
07-01-04, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by thejester
Is it time to run the trawler again? Or, has there not been enough code turn-over yet??

i have the old source code if anyone needs it, needs to be heavily modified, email me if you want it

thejester
07-01-04, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by habers
i have the old source code if anyone needs it, needs to be heavily modified, email me if you want it

I'd love to see it, but I don't think I could do anything with it - don't know PERL (yet). Still, it would be interesting to study.

viking99
07-02-04, 06:27 PM
I just got a physical mailing with a 72SD type offer using code JNVD. That's the first "good" one I've gotten in quite a while, and the PSN corresponds with an account I cancelled in April. Just fyi.

As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting customer service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 2 more movies to buy (instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95--shipping and processing is once again FREE.

John Sinnott
07-06-04, 09:57 AM
Just called in JNVD and the operator said the commitment was 4 movies. (or 3 w/ $14.95 purchase.) :(

Dah-Dee
07-06-04, 10:10 AM
Applied online over the weekend with the JNVD code I received in the mail, got approved yesterday. Have to buy 3, now 2 w/$14.95 purchase included in my enrollment order.

John Sinnott
07-06-04, 10:19 AM
Well I've been having mixed luck today. I haven't had a web order go through in forever, so if I really want to get the DVDs, I phone them in. I called in four times this morning. Codes BXND, DXND, JXND and e7h were all dead. JNVD was 3 commitments (came up that way twice, once the lady said it was dead and I confirmed that she entered it correctly.) The last time I called the CSR asked my what deal was on my mailer and I told her what I wanted (5 for $0.49, free shipping, 1 for $14.95, 2 commitments.) She said "Let me see what I can do." and typed for a bit then started asking for selection numbers. I confirmed that I was getting the deal I wanted, but she wouldn't give me the code she used. :(

Be careful when calling in orders and make sure the commitment matches what shows up on their web site.

NCYankee
07-06-04, 10:44 AM
I had the same thing happen in early June - just before I discovered this forum, I triend entering 57a online and it didn't work. I called in and did it by phone, even though it had apparently been dead for a while (according to posts here). The operator must have substituted a valid code and not told me, because I got the same deal.

Mysteryfan
07-06-04, 01:23 PM
I just tried J8Y online, but it never asked for credit card info. Does anyone know if this is correct or am I screwed?

viking99
07-06-04, 08:47 PM
JNVD is definitely questionable. Despite the fact that I just received the mailing on Saturday, I called in an order and the CSR said JNVD was not valid. I think someone screwed up and actually created a "good" code for a "we want you back" that was supposed to have a crappy offer. Oh well, back to one of the proven stand-bys....

Todd_N
07-07-04, 09:02 AM
I submitted a web application with 178D last week, got the approval email in 2-3 days, and got my discs yesterday (7 days), so that code is still valid -- at least online.

pontiacgagt
07-07-04, 10:50 AM
Lots of codes floating around but only for US CH. Are there any good codes for Canadian CH?. the 23E code works but it is free shipping and you have to by 5 more!. If you take the bonus for 19.95 you only have to buy 4 over 2 years. I did the math with their regular offer and it comes out to the same average DVD.

Any Canadian CH codes worth using??

lizard
07-07-04, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by pontiacgagt
...Any Canadian CH codes worth using?? It's kind of a lot to wade through, but Canadian specific codes and information have been getting posted to this thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=271270). There are several Canadians that contribute to this forum and the question is best addressed to them.

CrumpsBrother
07-08-04, 12:37 AM
Called in a J8Y on 7/1, and the charge hit my credit card on 7/5. I think that's the code I'll be using from now on...

SFranke
07-08-04, 08:32 AM
I got a charge for 37G on my card on July 3rd.

ITALIAN926
07-17-04, 08:21 AM
OK People, I added some new codes 3L4, 3L5 3L6, 3L7 , 3L8, 3L9 Require a credit card on sign up... JP1, JXN, JNV is bill on shipment.

Keep in mind that some of these codes are dead for call-in's... and if any of these codes die online, please let me know. All are 2 to fullfill after bonus selection, and FREE shipping.

BamaDan
07-20-04, 10:05 AM
Apologies if this code has been posted, but I just got a mailer for K49D. Offers a choice of 3 plans: 1) Buy 8 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 7 in 2 years 2) Buy 5 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 4 in 2 years 3) Buy 3 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 2 in 2 years. All have the option for a bonus DVD @ 14.95 free shipping taking one off the fulfillment. That last one is pretty good as you get 4 @ ~16.50 with only one left in fulfillment (~36.50 / 5 = 7.21). Code requires a PSN and doesn't appear to work on the web site, so I may try it by phone.

viking99
07-20-04, 01:42 PM
BamaDan - I received the same mailing. I calculated an average cost of 7.87 (16.42+19.95+2.99/5). That's not too bad, but still a bit more than the $7.16 "standard".

BamaDan
07-20-04, 01:58 PM
My quick math neglects S&H on the fulfillment since I use the webdvd link to get $5 off. But with S&H only on one, using the webdvd link makes it ((16.42 + 19.95 + 2.99 - 5.00) / 5) = 6.87 per disk and a total cost of less than $35 for those who don't like tying up much $ in CH.

It just depends on what you want to do I guess.

Johnny Zhivago
07-20-04, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I got that mailing as well... I'm going to use that 3 + 1 / 1 code next time... It's pretty convenient if you only have X number of DVDs that you're interested in for enrollment... After 20+ accounts, there's not a whole hell of a lot that interests me at this point... But there are 3 or 4 titles in the next few months that I would like to get with an enrollment.

Also, FWIW, just mailing that card back (when it does have a decent code) has been very quick for me in the past year or so... It's always been less than two weeks from mailing to my doorstep...

the big train
07-20-04, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BamaDan
My quick math neglects S&H on the fulfillment since I use the webdvd link to get $5 off. But with S&H only on one, using the webdvd link makes it ((16.42 + 19.95 + 2.99 - 5.00) / 5) = 6.87 per disk and a total cost of less than $35 for those who don't like tying up much $ in CH.

It just depends on what you want to do I guess. The problem with that calculation is that you don't get the $5 discount unless you spend $30. Since I always spend more than $30, that tends to slip my mind.

SFranke
07-20-04, 06:52 PM
Is there a minimum for the 10% discount over the phone? If not, the average becomes 7.48 (a $1.96 discount).

viking99
07-20-04, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by the big train
The problem with that calculation is that you don't get the $5 discount unless you spend $30. Since I always spend more than $30, that tends to slip my mind.

Yeah, what he said... That's why I didn't include a webdvd discount.

BamaDan
07-21-04, 09:36 AM
Ugh, forgot that as well. But it does tie up less bulk cash for not much per disk loss. And perhaps I can wait until a Free Shipping comes along in say....78 months or so.

grinwell
07-21-04, 05:59 PM
Now that DEC is dead (tried yesterday), what is the best code that doesn't need a PSN?

lizard
07-22-04, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by grinwell
Now that DEC is dead (tried yesterday), what is the best code that doesn't need a PSN? You could try de4, which is the same as dec. I presume that you are phoning in your order, since dec appears to work ok on-line even though memberships don't seem to get approved.

Another code to try would be cxb, which is similar to dec except that the enrollments cost 49 each instead of being free. But, since it is structured the same as dec, it may be that this code won't be accepted either. There are many other codes like cxb, by the way.

You might want to try phoning in an order using a code like 72S, or one of the dozens of variants, and when asked for a PSN just say that you don't have it with you, that you just wrote down the offer code.

love_DVDs
07-22-04, 01:43 PM
I know it sounds funny. When I tried the CD club with WXR code, I used my "current" account number (wasnt fulfilled at that time) and the app went through. But it was the last time CH had approved that code - I learnt the code is dead by now.
I would suggest to phone in app, it just take couple minutes. I have 100% success over the phone even though the two apps just 1 day apart!!!

aeneas3
07-24-04, 05:09 AM
hi guys
new to the area here :)
trying to figure out a good code to use. i was entering them online and noticed that 72sd worked for me online
just figured i would mention this since some say it wasnt working
off to the newbie area to ask questions :)

Pick 5 DVDs for 49 each - Shipping and Processing is FREE!
add 2 more and save!
details

Offer Details

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

lizard
07-24-04, 10:18 AM
aeneas3,

For newbies, 72S and its many clones have been working fine on-line. Those of us who have had many previous accounts are having more difficulty opening accounts on-line using 72S and similar codes. YMMV.

Please note that you will need a PSN for these codes. You may want to open a new account by calling in the order and, when asked for a PSN just say that you don't have it in front of you. This usually has worked in the past.

You could also open an account using a mail-in offer from a magazine or just use the standard deal on-line. That first account would be more expensive than the better deals we use here, but it would give you a PSN for your next account.

Sorry this isn't simple, we used to have reliable, cheap, codes that didn't require a PSN. Now, the cheap no-PSN codes are proving problematic.

Edit: cloudnin reports the successful use of code DDL. This is similar to DEC except that it costs $2.45 more per account. So, you might try a DEC account and, if it doesn't work, try DDL. It does not require a PSN.

Movies420
07-31-04, 01:42 AM
what do i enter for PSN?

thejester
07-31-04, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Movies420
what do i enter for PSN?

One of your previous CH account nos. (CD, DVD or Video)

Kromax
08-04-04, 09:23 AM
Successful 72S to address w/4 opened & closed accounts in last 12 mos:

Thank you for your Columbia House DVD Club purchase.

The selection(s) shown below were shipped on 08/04/2004 and should arrive
shortly.

If your order is not complete, your remaining item(s) may have been shipped
separately or will be shipped as soon as available. Either way, you will
receive another email notice when the shipment is sent.

Your order was shipped to:

Account #:
Invoice #:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selection FORMAT Title Quantity
031169 DVD The Last Samurai 1
031197 DVD The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King1
029737 DVD X2 X-Men United 1
031599 DVD Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60Th Anniversary Co1
031141 DVD Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The Wor1
030830 DVD Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Specia1

vcurams2k2
08-11-04, 06:38 PM
i haven't signed up for a CH account in a while.... is 72S still working and the best code available. and what are the other parent codes like it .. with the 2/3 fulfillment instead of the 4/5 deal CH is running.

does such code like 57A, 67P, 67PD work? thanks for anyone that can help.

ITALIAN926
08-11-04, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by vcurams2k2
i haven't signed up for a CH account in a while.... is 72S still working and the best code available. and what are the other parent codes like it .. with the 2/3 fulfillment instead of the 4/5 deal CH is running.

does such code like 57A, 67P, 67PD work? thanks for anyone that can help.

Did you not read the entire opening post to this thread? LOL

meglet
08-21-04, 05:47 PM
You might want to take 6SH out of that list, it comes up with a different (and not good!) offer:

You get 6 DVDs for just $9.95--and shipping & processing is FREE! As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 4 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter. ADVANCE BONUS OFFER! Take a 7th movie now for the special price of $14.95 (shipping and processing is FREE) and have only 3 more movies to buy (instead of 4) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take an 8th movie for just $9.95 (shipping and processing is once again FREE).

ITALIAN926
08-21-04, 06:46 PM
Thanx, I checked teh rest ok.

thejester
08-21-04, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BamaDan
Apologies if this code has been posted, but I just got a mailer for K49D. Offers a choice of 3 plans: 1) Buy 8 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 7 in 2 years 2) Buy 5 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 4 in 2 years 3) Buy 3 @ 0.49 free shipping / Buy 2 in 2 years. All have the option for a bonus DVD @ 14.95 free shipping taking one off the fulfillment. That last one is pretty good as you get 4 @ ~16.50 with only one left in fulfillment (~36.50 / 5 = 7.21). Code requires a PSN and doesn't appear to work on the web site, so I may try it by phone.

Add K4BD to this list - same terms.

ITALIAN926
08-21-04, 11:37 PM
K4B is invalid online.

ITALIAN926
08-29-04, 12:06 AM
^

BamaDan
08-30-04, 10:59 AM
About to finish my K49D offer now that Free Shipping has come back. Also, CH has about a dozen or so titles at $5.95 with a regular purchase (K-19, Eight Men Out, Planet of the Apes). Two of those gets free shipping AND the WebDVD discount making $43.27 / 7 = $6.18 per disk.

ITALIAN926
09-14-04, 09:28 PM
^

drh4
10-06-04, 04:35 PM
^

ga_con
10-06-04, 05:40 PM
yeah 72SD is still available, got approved on 10/4

ITALIAN926
10-27-04, 11:49 PM
^

basaro
11-20-04, 07:40 PM
Bump.

Can we get a sticky for this thread!?

I had to search for this, it wasn't even on the first two pages of current threads. Not that I need it, but newbies ask this all the time. What's the point of a bargain dvdclub forum if you can't find the best code?

This forum needs more important stickies to be utilized :)

lizard
11-21-04, 12:00 PM
I suggest that you report your post to a moderator, using the link at the lower right, and ask them to sticky the thread. (This will get a more reliable response from the moderators than just posting in the thread.)

They might just do it. Can't hurt to ask.

basaro
11-21-04, 12:32 PM
I suggest that you report your post to a moderator, using the link at the lower right, and ask them to sticky the thread. (This will get a more reliable response from the moderators than just posting in the thread.)

They might just do it. Can't hurt to ask.

I just did that, thanks. :)

So you think it's a good idea? What else should be stickied?

Big Worms
11-21-04, 02:08 PM
If I am not mistaken this was a sticky thread at one point. They cleaned up a bunch more and only left the first one. Could be wrong.

ITALIAN926
11-21-04, 05:07 PM
Wow , thanx guys ! Im now the proud author of a stickied thread ! haha

When I have more time Im gonna retest all these codes on the site.

ITALIAN926
11-21-04, 05:29 PM
It seems to me the "Shop for DVDs now" link problem has been corrected.. can someone verify this? I'll edit the opening page if it has.

basaro
11-21-04, 09:57 PM
Wahoo! Thanks mods :)

I will try to test the link and some codes tomorrow (before the Pats beat KC).

Cheers :beer:

basaro
11-22-04, 07:02 PM
I tested the link today with a few different browsers on Win2000 and XP. I could not get the problem to happen, so I'm pretty sure it's totally fixed. :)

I did test some codes too, but I don't have the list with me right now and can't remember what I tested, because I wasn't going in order. Maybe tomorrow...

vcurams2k2
11-24-04, 12:40 AM
i have a question, i decided to open an account with CH via their website for the first time this year. i have 1 account so far this year with CH from phoning my enrollment with a CSR after numerous failures with web enrollments over the last 18 months.

but anyway..... i placed my order using the 72SD code. instead of picking up a 6th dvd, i went with the 5 for $0.49 free shipping. i know this particular code requires a PSN but my question is does it require a Credit Card. with my past experience with the 72SD code, i distinctly remember it requiring a PSN and credit card. i know with my last order it required both... but is this something new or particularly because i went with the 5 instead of the 6/7 DVDs. thanks for any assistance you can provide.

lizard
11-24-04, 11:52 AM
vcurams2k2,

If you check the first post in this thread, you will see that 72S is a "bill me" code. Like many other codes, this one doesn't require a credit card. The PSN tells Columbia House that you have a track record as a customer so they don't require payment up-front.

mr_jbloggs
12-06-04, 12:08 PM
Hi, Its been a very long time since I last enrolled with CH and so I was wondering, when people have posted that their average cost per DVD was $5.20, how do they get that average. Can some one please post a detailed calculation and the code that is used to get this average.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I did search but couldn't find exactly how it was done.

zaq12wsx
12-06-04, 01:20 PM
If you enroll with some good code you can get 5 dvds for enrollment for 2.45 with 3 to buy more.
with 3 dvds for $25 deal and free shipping you can fullfill with $75 for 9 dvds - $5 for first order = $70
Total comes to $72.5 for 14 dvds - that is around $5.20. You also have 9 funcash which you can use on dvd sets when they are discounted. There was also $30 for 4 dvd deal in between. So total deal could be 17 dvds for $87.5 ~ $5.15 per dvd with 12 funcash. It depends when you enroll and how much you want to wait.

NCYankee
12-06-04, 03:33 PM
What zaq said, but you can also get almost the same average (within 3 cents) by buying the $14.95 bonus disc when enrolling, and buying 6 for $50 to fulfill. It is a question of whether you would rather have 3 $14.95 DVDs (mostly older or barebones DVDs) or one $19.95 - 22.95 enrollment title. (There are a few $19.95 DVDs also available for the 3/$25 deal)

DVD NDN
12-07-04, 06:09 PM
I haven't bought the optional 14.95 disk since they adjusted the box set commitment. I picked up the LOTR: Return of the King gift set for 54.99, counting for 3 enrollments. Not bad considering the enrollment package cost me 2.50. I also threw in a couple 5.95 films for free shipping.

People have also been doing this with the Matrix box set and others.

Anybody know any enrollment codes that would be better when using box sets? Such as 6 or 7 DVDs for .49 then buy 3, 4 or 5?

maineiac
12-14-04, 01:06 PM
Here is another code with the same basic parameters as those in the first post: B5PD.

Since I ordered over the phone and gave them a credit card number, I don't know whether or not a cc is required if you used this code online rather than over the phone. A PSN is required.

tmdlkwd
12-14-04, 01:08 PM
Used 72SD Web w/ PSN last time.
Any other codes that I should try that are maybe better than 72SD ?
If not, I will go with it again.
Thanks

ITALIAN926
12-14-04, 11:37 PM
Thanx, Added B5P, its doesnt give a CC option up front online.

lizard
12-15-04, 01:52 PM
Used 72SD Web w/ PSN last time.
Any other codes that I should try that are maybe better than 72SD ?
If not, I will go with it again.
Thanks72SD and its many siblings listed in the first post of this thread are still the best codes.

Ladybug
12-15-04, 07:30 PM
Are some of these codes more reliable than others for enrolling online? I've tried THREE TIMES with various codes, and none of them went through - it's been two months, all told. I just called and tried via phone with 37F, but am frustrated about the online experiences. :( Ideas?

ITALIAN926
12-15-04, 07:42 PM
ladybug, Ive recently had 3 go through in a row.. I always use the CC " 3 "codes so I know if theyve been lost. If you dont get accepted or charged within 10 days , its gone. I dont believe the lost applications are accidental. I believe they have some kind of system that "loses" our applications. I have a very high success rate by using multiple addresses and alternating using my middle name instead of my first. If you have a private house, add "apt 1" or "apt a " to your address, and usually that'll do the trick too. In the three months youre waiting for 1 acceptance, Ive had about 10 completed memberships... Ive got about 70 memberships in about three years.

SFranke
12-15-04, 08:28 PM
Be careful with switching your name and address around like that. That used to be a good way to get blacklisted.

ITALIAN926
12-16-04, 09:29 AM
Blacklisted?

http://www.geocities.com/just_me_10465/mydvds.JPG

haha

SFranke
12-17-04, 10:54 AM
I'm just saying that is how it used to be, chief. I'd hate to be the one laughing last, so to speak.

I recently had an account closed due to a business decision, because the credit card billing address did not match the shipping address. I explained to a CSR that I attend college, so while I have my orders shipped to my apartment, my billing address is my parents' house [I don't want to damage my credit by changing addresses all of the time]. She was able to get the account opened again. The lesson is that CH is watching, even when you think they're not.

ITALIAN926
12-17-04, 10:59 AM
Well, not only that, but SOME people are able to own more than 1 house. CH will ban you when they see you ordering the same title over and over again or feel that youre using them as the supplier to a DVD selling business.

maineiac
12-17-04, 11:49 AM
Here are two other codes that may be useful in some circumstances: B5JD and B5LD. Both require a PSN.

What is good about these two codes is that the 6th enrollment costs only $9.95, rather than $14.95 as in the other codes. (The 7th enrollment is also $9.95).

However, if you order the extra enrollment(s), your obligation is to purchase 3 more DVDs, not 2 DVDs. So this code may be good for those who want to get as many DVDs per membership that they can get and where you intend to purchase 3 fulfillments (or their equivalent...eg. a box set). The average cost will be higher than using the 67P type codes if you only get 5 enrollments plus 3 fullfillments...but you will end up with 2 additional DVDs.

For example assuming free shipping on 3 DVDs...

67P with 5 enrollments and 3 fullfillments = 5x.49==$2.45 +3x19.95==$59.85 === $62.30 /8 == $7.79 per DVD.

B5LD with 7 enrollments and 3 fullfillments = 5x.49==$2.45 +2x9.95==$19.90 +3x19.95==$59.85 === $82.20/10 == $8.22 per DVD.

So again, these 2 codes are good only for those who want to get more DVDs per account and who would otherwise purchase at least 3 DVDs during the fulfillment process.

dvdempress
12-18-04, 02:03 AM
Blacklisted?

http://www.geocities.com/just_me_10465/mydvds.JPG

haha

:eek: OMG

SFranke
12-27-04, 09:48 PM
I was just told that 36x is not a valid code, and then when I tried 72s, I wasn't asked for a PSN. The CSR was obviously new, however.

lizard
12-28-04, 12:55 PM
HMMMMMM..... I just tried applying over the phone and was shot down with 37G and 37F and 3LM. She said the code should be 4 digits, not three. Then the PSN I used wouldn't work...she said it should be 10 numbers, not 11. Hopefully it's not the beginning of the end....

UPDATE: Thanks to evitagen, I used 72s with no problems. The PSN also worked this time. Weird. Maybe they're toasting the 3xx codes?? Funny because 37G works online. The fourth character is always "D" for DVD Club. That part about the 10 digit PSN is puzzling. My most recent "we want you back" mailing had the usual 11 digit account number as PSN. I think the CSR was confused.

lizard
12-29-04, 11:18 AM
Were you calling the 888 new accounts line?

I, too, have learned to never accept a subsitute account for a good code since the CSRs think that they are all the same and use the standard deal: 49 each and free shipping... must be the same.

Could be that the 3 series codes are going away, as you surmise.

Goldberg74
12-31-04, 05:19 PM
I just got a BDWD code in the mail today. It requires a PSN.

It's a 5 x .49 + 3 More ($19.95) --> 6th for $9.95 (Make it 2 more) + Take a 7th for $9.95 (Bonus; Still 2 more for fulfillment)

So that would be: (5 x 0.49) + (2 x 9.95) + (2 x 19.95) or 2.45 + 19.90 + 39.90 = 62.25 / 9 = $6.92

But I didn't figure S&P for the 2 fulfillment selections... if S&P is $6.95 each, then its 9 DVDs @ $8.47 a piece.

sumdeus
12-31-04, 05:39 PM
I just got a BDWD code in the mail today. It requires a PSN.

It's a 5 x .49 + 3 More ($19.95) --> 6th for $9.95 (Make it 2 more) + Take a 7th for $9.95 (Bonus; Still 2 more for fulfillment)

So that would be: (5 x 0.49) + (2 x 9.95) + (2 x 19.95) or 2.45 + 19.90 + 39.90 = 62.25 / 9 = $6.92

But I didn't figure S&P for the 2 fulfillment selections... if S&P is $6.95 each, then its 9 DVDs @ $8.47 a piece.

That's an improvement from their standard offer because the 6th DVD is usually $14.95 not $9.95. The golden number of $17.40 for enrollment now becomes $12.40!!! Which also means if the 3-for-$25 rolls over into 2005 then it goes like this:

(5 x $0.49) + (9.95) + (2 x (3 for $25) - $5 web order) = $57.40
OR
$57.40/12 = $4.79 per DVD!!!

Now that's a low average cost!

ITALIAN926
12-31-04, 06:16 PM
New breed of DVD codes with that $9.95 6th selection. Adding any letter or number at the end of BD keeps it the same... bd7, bd2, bdw, bdr, bdt, bdy, bdq .. all checked out. Updating opening post.. Thanx to Goldberg

sumdeus
12-31-04, 06:20 PM
New breed of DVD codes with that $9.95 6th selection. Adding any letter or number at the end of BD keeps it the same... bd7, bd2, bdw, bdr, bdt, bdy, bdq .. all checked out. Updating opening post.. Thanx to Goldberg

I just signed up under the offer code Goldberg74 provided, so let's see how it works. It's also important to know that the code Goldberg74 gave was a NON-credit card application. Sweet deal if CH keeps the 3-for-$25 going...

ITALIAN926
12-31-04, 06:41 PM
Potentially : ( 5 DVD's x .49 PLUS 1 for $9.95 & free S/H ) = $12.40

2 to fullfill ($19.95 x 2 + 1@ $9.95) for free SH - $5 webdvd discount) = 44.85

Total $57.25 / 9 DVD's = $6.36 average

This doesnt include taxes.. but DAYUM :)

thejester
12-31-04, 10:56 PM
Any chance for a trawler run?

I've noticed several codes having the same offer - similar to the old "7CY" offer scenario. With this many codes similar to JP1(, BP5, etc), there is probably a few better codes than even this new BDxD series.

ITALIAN926
12-31-04, 11:24 PM
How much better can it get though? ONE fullfillment? I doubt it. I dont think theres anything better than this, but I would like to know if theres similar codes with a Credit Card option at checkout.

NCYankee
01-01-05, 01:18 PM
How much better can it get though? ONE fullfillment?

You never know - I remember when I used to cycle through BMG CD club memberships in the late 80's / early 90's, the deals kept getting better and better until you got 12 free with only 1 to buy (+ S/H) - worked out to about $3 per CD.

lizard
01-02-05, 10:54 AM
How much better can it get though? ONE fullfillment? I doubt it... Well ... there were those codes for five for $25 and NO fulfillments a few years ago (eg. CYCD and its siblings). They didn't last long once everyone piled on though.

NCYankee
01-03-05, 01:26 PM
$57.40/12? Where's the additional 4 titles come from that isn't listed in the above?

The 2 x $25 is actually 2 x (3 for $25).

sumdeus
01-03-05, 04:13 PM
The 2 x $25 is actually 2 x (3 for $25).

You got it. I will edit my original message so it is more clear.

ITALIAN926
01-03-05, 06:12 PM
Little slow there Kev ;)

kevin7215
01-03-05, 07:12 PM
Boy I Am. I didn't even notice till now. :rolleyes:

joefrog91
01-04-05, 01:06 PM
:( I wished I would have waited until this week to open up a new account. Oh well, I was able to sign up ove the phone using 3LC and my CC has been charged today. As soon as I fulfill my DV2 account next week, I'm going to try and sign up using one of the new codes.

viking99
01-06-05, 12:59 PM
Has anyone successfully used one of the new BDx codes for a phone enrollment?

If so,
a) did they ask for a credit card?
b) did you have to add the final "D" for the CSR to find the code (i.e. BDxD)?
c) did the order correctly process under the terms offered (i.e. the 9.95 6th w/2 fulfillments)?

joefrog91
01-06-05, 01:17 PM
Has anyone successfully used one of the new BDx codes for a phone enrollment?

If so,
a) did they ask for a credit card?
b) did you have to add the final "D" for the CSR to find the code (i.e. BDxD)?
c) did the order correctly process under the terms offered (i.e. the 9.95 6th w/2 fulfillments)?

I just received this offer in the mail. Could I sign up for another account if I already have one account open and a DV2 account also? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

SRGilbert
01-07-05, 10:07 PM
Well ... there were those codes for five for $25 and NO fulfillments a few years ago (eg. CYCD and its siblings). They didn't last long once everyone piled on though.Those were good times! Of course, you could only pick enrollment titles, but hey!

DVD vote
01-08-05, 04:29 AM
How do I get 3 for $25? Does that automatically ring up online if I put 6 DVDs in my cart? Thanks for any answers! I always lurk here for the best info.

lizard
01-08-05, 10:08 AM
How do I get 3 for $25? Does that automatically ring up online if I put 6 DVDs in my cart? Thanks for any answers! I always lurk here for the best info.My understanding is that only certain titles are eligible for 3 for $25, mostly $14.95 ones (and there are several thousand of those). There are a few $19.95 DVDs that qualify also. When you load three of them into your cart you should see them priced at $8.33 or so. Same if you put six in your cart. So, yes, it is automatic if you select the right DVDs. What may not be automatic is getting the correct 1/3 fulfillment credit for each one. It is likely that you will have to call or e-mail after placing the order to get the credit fixed. Be sure to use the $5 off website when placing that first order, assuming that your total is over $30 (which it is with 6 DVDs).

Hope that answers your questions. Questions of this sort might best be placed in the Columbia House newbies: Ask questions here (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103387&highlight=newbie) thread or one of the "3 for $25" threads.

viking99
01-08-05, 11:26 AM
What may not be automatic is getting the correct 1/3 fulfillment credit for each one. It is likely that you will have to call or e-mail after placing the order to get the credit fixed.

I think it is safe to say that the commitment credit definitely will not be automatic and a phone call will be required. I've used 6 for 50 to fulfill multiple times in the last three months and a phone call has been required in all cases. On my most recent fulfillment, the first call didn't "take" and I had to call back several days later. It's simple and quick, but a necessity.

basaro
01-08-05, 11:40 AM
I think it is safe to say that the commitment credit definitely will not be automatic and a phone call will be required. I've used 6 for 50 to fulfill multiple times in the last three months and a phone call has been required in all cases. On my most recent fulfillment, the first call didn't "take" and I had to call back several days later. It's simple and quick, but a necessity.

If you end up having to call,why use the web at all? Just call your order in and it will be all set, first time! You'll probably get a better deal on the phone if you ask for one anyway. I stopped using the web (because it never works right) 6 months ago, and have nothing but praise for calling in an order. Just my 2 cents! :)

viking99
01-08-05, 12:42 PM
If you end up having to call,why use the web at all? Just call your order in and it will be all set, first time!

Well, the obvious answer is "to get the $5 first order web discount." I know others have suggested that you can ask for this and get it from a CSR, but I don't trust that process. Also, I prefer web ordering whenever possble. It sounds like it's a minimum of one call either way - so it probably comes down to personal preferences.

btw: have you called in a 6-for-50 fulfillment order and had the account automatically fulfilled upon shipment? Or, have you had to make a second call upon failure of the "system" to grant proper fulfillment credit?

basaro
01-08-05, 06:09 PM
Well, the obvious answer is "to get the $5 first order web discount." I know others have suggested that you can ask for this and get it from a CSR, but I don't trust that process. Also, I prefer web ordering whenever possble. It sounds like it's a minimum of one call either way - so it probably comes down to personal preferences.

btw: have you called in a 6-for-50 fulfillment order and had the account automatically fulfilled upon shipment? Or, have you had to make a second call upon failure of the "system" to grant proper fulfillment credit?

I did one in November without a problem. Got an extra $10 funcash too, some deal they were having at the time, and $5 off web discount. I could never even get the website to credit fulfillments for $19.95 titles, nevermind the 3for25 deals,so I gave up on it a while ago. Maybe it works now,but I've been happier calling in. At least I can talk to a real person and make sure everything's in order.
I call up and say that "I'm having troubles getting a web order to go through correctly, the sale prices and fulfillment credits aren't showing up right, can you help me process my order?" Before before I mention any titles, I discuss the deal offered, and when I mention a title I say what commitment count it should be. I make everything very clear. Then before I say everythings okay, I ask again if I've fulfilled my commitment. After the order is basically done(csr usually asks if there is anything else they can do for you), I ask if they can credit me the $5 first order discount. It gets credited to my cc a few days after the order has gone through. The one i did last week(on a B1G1 fulfillment) was 3 days.
It's just a recommendation to try calling the first time. I know CH is messed up sometimes, and I may just be getting lucky so far. After all I was having no problems with web apps my first 5 or so, but then, whallah, it just got worse and I couldn't deal with it's incompetence anymore. But it doesn't help if you get a csr you can't understand or have a conversation with either. ;)

searspsycho
01-09-05, 08:09 AM
Hi all. Received code <b>BEKD</b> in the mail a few days ago. Requires a PSN. It is a 6/2 deal with a $9.95 6th. Basically the same deal as others, just that I had not seen this code before.<p>Details: 5 DVDs for $0.49 each w/ free S/H. Buy 3 more at $19.95 OR take a 6th now at $9.95 w/ free S/H and have to buy 2 more at $19.95. Also can take a 7th at $9.95 w/ free S/H but it will not count toward fulfillment.

lizard
01-09-05, 10:17 AM
Hi all. Received code <b>BEKD</b> in the mail a few days ago. Requires a PSN. It is a 6/2 deal with a $9.95 6th. Basically the same deal as others, just that I had not seen this code before.<p>Details: 5 DVDs for $0.49 each w/ free S/H. Buy 3 more at $19.95 OR take a 6th now at $9.95 w/ free S/H and have to buy 2 more at $19.95. Also can take a 7th at $9.95 w/ free S/H but it will not count toward fulfillment. Nice find. This would appear to be the best code going at present, along with the BD* codes. Numbers:

Enrollment: 5 x 49 + $9.95 = $12.40 (6 DVDs)
Fulfillment: 2 x 19.95 + $4.98 (S/H) -$5 (web discount) = $39.88 (2 DVDs)
Total: $12.40 + $39.88 = $52.28 (8 DVDs)
Average cost per DVD: $52.28/8 = $6.535

Throw in "free shipping for three", and/or some of the other promotions like "3 for $25" and the average cost will be considerably lower.

Edit: there are many other codes for this deal, besides the BD* codes, for example: BELD. This suggests that Columbia House has made "6/2, $9.95 bonus, free shipping" the standard "best" deal. Sure beats the days when the best deal was $9.28 per DVD!

tannersarms
01-10-05, 10:39 PM
I just got a mailer from Columbia House TV Edition DVD Club (had never heard of it until today), with the code LE7D, which I'm sure a lot of you know is Buy 1 DVD set at $9.95, get another free and no shipping, then buy 4 more DVDs plus s&h over two years.

My questions before signing up for that are
i) is there a better code (this would be the right thread for that) than this?
ii) Can the DVDs be anything from the current CH catalogue?
iii) Is this club a good deal? I was thinking of getting Dead Like Me and the Complete Ab Fab collection for the GF. After the introductory offer I'd probably just be looking at the most ebayable DVDs they offer

Thanks

Mark

CheapBastid
01-11-05, 02:35 AM
Hi all. Received code <b>BEKD</b> in the mail a few days ago. Requires a PSN. It is a 6/2 deal with a $9.95 6th. Basically the same deal as others, just that I had not seen this code before.<p>Details: 5 DVDs for $0.49 each w/ free S/H. Buy 3 more at $19.95 OR take a 6th now at $9.95 w/ free S/H and have to buy 2 more at $19.95. Also can take a 7th at $9.95 w/ free S/H but it will not count toward fulfillment.I got the same deal with a different code: L5JD

ITALIAN926
01-11-05, 06:58 PM
Paging Columbiahouse PRO's , Please enter code L5T OR L5K ... Fill up your basket and tell me what you find so interesting... feel free to compare the offer details ... Hmmmmmmmmmm .. Someone must volunteer to be a guinee pig. :)

SRGilbert
01-11-05, 07:08 PM
Paging Columbiahouse PRO's , Please enter code L5T OR L5K ... Fill up your basket and tell me what you find so interesting... feel free to compare the offer details ... Hmmmmmmmmmm .. Someone must volunteer to be a guinee pig. :)

You get 6 DVDs for 49 each--plus shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (plus shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for $9.95 (plus shipping and processing).
The six dvd's I like, but no free S&H? Anyone not as lazy as me want to do the math?

ITALIAN926
01-11-05, 07:12 PM
Damn !! I screwed up and read too fast , I thought we finally got an error in OUR favor. Man oh man, why couldnt this be free shipping ??!!! . It should SAY Take a 7TH movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (plus shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. (look at your cart when u fill it up)

My Fault .. damn I got all excited !! :( haha

island007
01-12-05, 01:55 PM
This is what I come out with:

Enrollment: 6 x 49 + $9.95 + ($1.99 x 7) (S/H) = $26.82 (7 DVDs)
Fulfillment: 2 x $19.95 + $4.98 (S/H) - $5 (web discount) = $39.88 (2 DVDs)
Total: $26.82 + $39.88 = $66.70 (9 DVDs)
Average: $66.70/9 = $7.41

Still not as good as BDW (or clones)

joefrog91
01-12-05, 04:44 PM
This is what I come out with:

Enrollment: 6 x 49 + $9.95 + ($1.99 x 7) (S/H) = $26.82 (7 DVDs)
Fulfillment: 2 x $19.95 + $4.98 (S/H) - $5 (web discount) = $39.88 (2 DVDs)
Total: $26.82 + $39.88 = $66.70 (9 DVDs)
Average: $66.70/9 = $7.41

Still not as good as BDW (or clones)

I come up with the same total. You get one extra DVD with this deal, but I think I'll stay with the BDx Codes to get free shipping.

lizard
01-12-05, 07:09 PM
...Average: $66.70/9 = $7.41

Still not as good as BDW (or clones) You are right, I missed the 6 + 1 enrollment structure (deleted my post). For those like me who have trouble finding new enrollment choices, this is not a good code.

What is most interesting about the flurry of new codes is that Columbia House is changing its enrollment pricing structure for the first time in a year or more. They have offered many less expensive fulfillment options in recent months as well.

Am I the only one who thinks that CH is getting amazingly cheap?

SFranke
01-12-05, 07:26 PM

Well, it was their new year's resolution. I'm glad they are sticking with it.

viking99
01-12-05, 07:35 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upper pylon 3
01-13-05, 07:29 AM
I just got a mailer from Columbia House TV Edition DVD Club (had never heard of it until today), with the code LE7D, which I'm sure a lot of you know is Buy 1 DVD set at $9.95, get another free and no shipping, then buy 4 more DVDs plus s&h over two years.

My questions before signing up for that are
i) is there a better code (this would be the right thread for that) than this?
ii) Can the DVDs be anything from the current CH catalogue?
iii) Is this club a good deal? I was thinking of getting Dead Like Me and the Complete Ab Fab collection for the GF. After the introductory offer I'd probably just be looking at the most ebayable DVDs they offer

Thanks

Mark

I posted this in another thread but you may not have seen it. LE5D gives you the first one for 9.95, second one free, a third enrollment for 14.95 which lowers your commitment to three. As far as I know the enrollments must be from the site: www.chtvedition.com The fullfillments can be any dvd 19.95 or higher.

tannersarms
01-13-05, 08:10 PM
I posted this in another thread but you may not have seen it.

Thanks. I did see it, ordered with it last night, then came home tonight to find that some people are getting the 2 for $9.95 with only 2 more to buy, so I replied to the email CH sent to see if I can cancel my order, then I'll try the new deal.

Mark

thejester
01-13-05, 08:29 PM
Thanks. I did see it, ordered with it last night, then came home tonight to find that some people are getting the 2 for $9.95 with only 2 more to buy, so I replied to the email CH sent to see if I can cancel my order, then I'll try the new deal.

Mark

Based on my calcs(see other thread), you're only talking about a $4.25 diff per set. If you can get CH to change your offer -or- cancel your enrollment, more power to you - just seems like a little hassle. Of course tho', the average is KING!!! ;)

tannersarms
01-14-05, 08:00 AM
They haven't approved me yet, so all it has taken so far was a quick "reply to" email. If they ignore it, I don't mind, I'll still get a great deal...

cardaway
01-14-05, 12:09 PM
I keep getting asked for a "Preferred Status Number" when I do web sign up. If I don't have one, what is the best code to use?

sumdeus
01-14-05, 12:18 PM
I keep getting asked for a "Preferred Status Number" when I do web sign up. If I don't have one, what is the best code to use?

The best thing to try is calling in your enrollment. It seems that the CSRs let people join without the PSN if you say you don't have one or you can't find it. Otherwise you'll really be missing out on the good deals.

cardaway
01-18-05, 04:22 PM
OK - so I'm going to call and sign up. People have said I should order my fulfillments at the same time. How do I do that and get the best deal when doing so?

lizard
01-19-05, 01:57 PM
OK - so I'm going to call and sign up. People have said I should order my fulfillments at the same time. How do I do that and get the best deal when doing so? This thread is not the place for these sort of questions. I have responded to your question in the
Columbia House newbies: Ask questions here (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103387&page=9&pp=25) thread.

cardaway
01-19-05, 02:07 PM
Maybe that thread should be "stuck" to the top.

Bill Needle
01-20-05, 04:08 PM
I got a new get 5 buy 3 (free shipping) or get 6 (+ $9.95) buy 2 offer code in the mail today:

M1KD

This is the first offer that wasn't a get 5 buy 4 in a long time (in fact two more of those came in the same batch of mail).

ITALIAN926
01-22-05, 11:51 AM
Bill , thats a $14.95 6th selection.. but thanx :)

Bill Needle
01-23-05, 08:06 PM
Whoops!

I never get the sixth selection anyway, so I didn't notice my mistake. I was just pleased to see a new 67PD type code being issued. Some of those have been out there for years now, and I have always dreaded them expiring.

gribalski
01-27-05, 12:36 AM
When I tried the M1KD code, and was ready to check out, the deal was supposedly buy the 6th for $14.95, and buy 4 instead of 5!!! That's terrible, I don't know what is up with that but make sure you read through any agreement before you do it.

dolphinboy
01-28-05, 08:47 PM
Anyone know of a good code (or two) that's working now that doesn't require a PSN? Thanks.

lizard
01-29-05, 09:02 AM
Anyone know of a good code (or two) that's working now that doesn't require a PSN? Thanks. It is a bit complicated to use but the HDL code for the TV Sets club does not require a PSN. Once you have an account there you ought to be able use that number as a PSN for the regular DVD club. And HDL is a very, very good deal ... for as long as it lasts.

For more information see the (very long): DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367791). The HDL link is in the first post, ignore the disclaimer that it doesn't work anymore, Columbia House re-activated it.

For the regular DVD club, the best no-PSN codes that I am aware of are DE4D, CXBD, and codes like that. They are 2 enrollments, 2 fulfillments, then 3 more enrollments. Requires three orders, so a bit more hassle than regular codes.

As an alternative, you can place an order using the best codes, such as BE7D, by phone (888-242-3837) and when asked for "the number on your mailing" just say that you don't have it in front of you. This usually has worked ok in the past.

So, there are several options for someone who doesn't have a PSN.

ericjanderson
01-31-05, 04:05 PM
I hope this isn't a rerun. I got an offer today for code LMQD:

5 for 49, free s&h
6th selection for $9.95, free s&h, counts as one fulfillment
7th selection for $9.95, free s&h, if desired, but does not count as fulfillment
2 more fulfillments required in next 2 years

PSN required

I hope I can get in on the HDL deal. Sweet! Is that really on again? Seems like a bad deal for CH, but that's their business.

ITALIAN926
01-31-05, 07:59 PM
Added LMQ to the list.. Thanx :)

duganrm
02-01-05, 10:47 AM
I hope this isn't a rerun. I got an offer today for code LMQD:

5 for 49, free s&h
6th selection for $9.95, free s&h, counts as one fulfillment
7th selection for $9.95, free s&h, if desired, but does not count as fulfillment
2 more fulfillments required in next 2 years

PSN required

I hope I can get in on the HDL deal. Sweet! Is that really on again? Seems like a bad deal for CH, but that's their business.

got something with the same deal but the code is L5PD

tinkerthinker
02-02-05, 03:52 PM
I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I'm not sure how 'good' a deal this is, but I got this in the mail in a solicitation to rejoin Columbia House.

6 DVD's @ 49 cents w/ free shipping
Get 7th DVD (counts toward fulfillment) for $9.95 w/ free shipping
Get 8th DVD (does not count toward fulfillment) for $9.95 w/ free shipping.

Buy 3 more in the next 2 years, or 2 more if you opt for the 7th DVD.

CODE: LMTD
Requires PSN

Enrollment: 6 x 49 + $9.95 + $9.95 = $22.84 (8 DVDs)
Fulfillment: 2 x 19.95 + $4.98 (S/H) -$5 (web discount) = $39.88 (2 DVDs)
Total: $22.84 + $39.88 = $62.72 (10 DVDs)
Average cost per DVD: $62.72/10 = $6.27 per DVD

IF you don't get the 8th bonus DVD that doesn't count toward fulfillment, the average price drops to $5.86.

Sorry if there are any mistakes in the math. :)

Big Worms
02-02-05, 03:57 PM
I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I'm not sure how 'good' a deal this is, but I got this in the mail in a solicitation to rejoin Columbia House.

6 DVD's @ 49 cents w/ free shipping
Get 7th DVD (counts toward fulfillment) for $9.95 w/ free shipping
Get 8th DVD (does not count toward fulfillment) for $9.95 w/ free shipping.

Buy 3 more in the next 2 years, or 2 more if you opt for the 7th DVD.

CODE: LMTD
Pretty good! You get an extra dvd for just .49 cents. Thanks!

ITALIAN926
02-02-05, 04:51 PM
LMT

You get 6 DVDs for 49 each--FREE shipping and processing.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

I want someone to verify that this code works for 6 @.49 + 1 at $9.95 with 2 more to commit. The wording is incorrect for the details. As soon as someone gets an approved application, let me know.

( It SHOULD say " Take a 7th movie now for the special price of just $9.95(FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 8th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing)" )

Jim
02-02-05, 05:09 PM
LMT is all messed up. I tested by selecting 6 titles @ .49 and then a window popped up asking if I wanted to continue shopping or checkout. There was supposed to be an image in the window but it didn't display. I added a 7th title and then went to checkout. The details at checkout read:

"You get 5 DVDs for 49 each with Free Shipping!
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 5 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing).
Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 with free shipping and have to buy only 4 more movies (instead of 5) in the next 2 years. You may cancel anytime thereafter.
Plus, You can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95 with Free Shipping."

So the initial details were like ITALIAN926's above with the same mistake about take a 6th for $9.95, then the details at checkout have very different terms.

Use at your own risk.

tinkerthinker
02-02-05, 06:33 PM
OK, I tried going through the internet sign-up process and got the wrong terms of membership as well. I'm not sure why. So I called the toll-free number and when I gave the CSR the code, she pulled up the CORRECT offer. So if anyone's interested, I guess this one's better to do over the phone. Sorry 'bout that.

sumdeus
02-02-05, 07:19 PM
OK, I tried going through the internet sign-up process and got the wrong terms of membership as well. I'm not sure why. So I called the toll-free number and when I gave the CSR the code, she pulled up the CORRECT offer. So if anyone's interested, I guess this one's better to do over the phone. Sorry 'bout that.

Sweet find and good follow-through :)

basaro
02-03-05, 10:04 AM

Sweet find. I called and cancelled yesterday, and was going to use one of the newer BD* codes for the 9.95 6th, but this is one better, so I'll try this code next week. I always enroll over the phone anyway, so this isn't a problem for me. Thanks! :)

damocles
02-04-05, 06:53 PM
I think LMT works on the website now.

Jim
02-04-05, 09:10 PM
Check the details for LMT on the website, they're still wrong, especially on the signup page.

nymo22
02-04-05, 11:59 PM
hello, this is my first post. After reading through here I found out that some codes work and some don't. I just tried out L5PD and it works good just to let u guys know! However in my email there are only 5 dvds listed as my member welcome package even though I picked out 7 in the buy 5 take 2 more for $9.99 each. I even checked through all the fine print on the sign up page and it came up good. Anyways, I thought this was quite weird and just sent a reply email back to them asking them about it.

duganrm
02-05-05, 01:57 AM
hello, this is my first post. After reading through here I found out that some codes work and some don't. I just tried out L5PD and it works good just to let u guys know! However in my email there are only 5 dvds listed as my member welcome package even though I picked out 7 in the buy 5 take 2 more for $9.99 each. I even checked through all the fine print on the sign up page and it came up good. Anyways, I thought this was quite weird and just sent a reply email back to them asking them about it.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406839
read that thread. it is all people that had the same problem. according to the thread, you should be fine and will still get all your titles.

and welcome to the forum and say goodbye to all your money. ;)

duganrm
02-05-05, 02:15 AM
i got another offer in the mail today. It is the same offer as LMT above. It also has the same glitch on the website.

LMYD requires a PSN. too bad I couldn't think of 7 movies I would want off the list....

duganrm
02-05-05, 02:22 AM
tried a couple other letters... LMR and LMW both come up with the same offer. They all have the same wording problem about the 6th/7th disc though (as listed above)

nymo22
02-05-05, 09:10 AM
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406839
read that thread. it is all people that had the same problem. according to the thread, you should be fine and will still get all your titles.

and welcome to the forum and say goodbye to all your money. ;)

Thanks for that messsage. I was really getting worried there. I shoudl actually be saving money cause I've just been joining the club with their regular offer all the time and now that I found these promotional codes its all good!

NCYankee
02-05-05, 11:29 AM
I shoudl actually be saving money cause I've just been joining the club with their regular offer all the time and now that I found these promotional codes its all good!

Except that when your average price drops from $10-11 per DVD to $6-7, you find yourself joining a couple times a month instead of a couple times a year, as I did.

Kavalier
02-05-05, 01:15 PM
Two weeks ago I spent a couple of frustrating hours trying to use my code online. Threw the mailer away, with the PSN. This morning I took the advice of several in this forum and called to join (800-692-1000).

The code is LNGD ( I remembered it as LoNG Dormant, which I was, in CH's view), the offer is 5 for .49, 2 more for $9.95, 2 more to fulfill, free shipping on all. CSR asked for but didn't demand PSN. (I threw the mailer away because CH's web site was/is corrupted.)

My total for seven, including tax, is $23.97. Most selections are expensive everywhere online and B/M, including several Columbia or Sony Pictures releases.

She tried to enroll me in some "service" free for 30 days, $99 a year if you don't cancel. I declined.

nymo22
02-05-05, 03:18 PM
Except that when your average price drops from $10-11 per DVD to $6-7, you find yourself joining a couple times a month instead of a couple times a year, as I did.

Very True!

themeloman
02-06-05, 01:37 AM
I have a question about the "LM" series codes. I tried using "LMY" tonight and ran into the same problem as others, however I don't get the wrong membership data until I'm in the checkout phase. Am I able to call in (what phone #?) and use this code? Will I need a PSN? Has anyone had any success using this code online and if so did you receive all of your movies?

Thanks.

lizard
02-06-05, 09:20 AM
I have a question about the "LM" series codes. I tried using "LMY" tonight and ran into the same problem as others, however I don't get the wrong membership data until I'm in the checkout phase. Am I able to call in (what phone #?) and use this code? Will I need a PSN? Has anyone had any success using this code online and if so did you receive all of your movies?

Thanks. Let's take these one at a time.

1) It has been reported above that you can call in this code and get the correct terms, YMMV. The phone number for new accounts is 888-242-3837

2) You may be asked for the "number next to your name on the mailing" (PSN) but if you just say that you don't have it in front of you it likely won't matter.

3) So far as I can see, no one has yet reported the results of joining on-line and whether the terms of the deal were correct. It is likely to work but not certain. We should know fairly soon.

mbs
02-06-05, 10:28 AM
The "LM" codes definately work via phone with the correct terms. Wasn't a problem for me at all. You will be asked for a PSN, but as has been said, you can often get away with saying you don't have it with you.

themeloman
02-06-05, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I called in an order and the code (LMY) came up just as it should have. Woohoo! I'll post with an update once I have one.

Are the "LM" series codes the best ones out there for standard dvd memberships? I ran the numbers and couldn't find better. Anyone?

lizard
02-07-05, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the info. I called in an order and the code (LMY) came up just as it should have. Woohoo! I'll post with an update once I have one.

Are the "LM" series codes the best ones out there for standard dvd memberships? I ran the numbers and couldn't find better. Anyone?The LM* codes are the best ones currently reported here for the regular DVD club. The average DVD cost is $5.863. It would be even less with free shipping, 3 for $25, and fulfillment offers like that.

dolphinboy
02-07-05, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know if 23ed still works online? I know that it takes the code, but that doesn't mean it hasn't expired. It was a good code that didn't need a PSN and I would prefer to join online. Thanks.

lizard
02-08-05, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know if 23ed still works online? I know that it takes the code, but that doesn't mean it hasn't expired. It was a good code that didn't need a PSN and I would prefer to join online. Thanks. According the this thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348227&highlight=23ed) and this one (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347109&highlight=23ed) the terms of 23ED were changed to require more fulfillments, thus making it a poor deal. Since the Columbia House website is down at present I can't check to verify that this is still so.

If you look at my post #207 above I list some of the alternatives for those who don't have a PSN.

Jim
02-08-05, 03:33 PM
The details for LMTD now look correct on the signup site, at least the restricted one that is currently available today.

dolphinboy
02-08-05, 03:33 PM
According the this thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348227&highlight=23ed) and this one (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347109&highlight=23ed) the terms of 23ED were changed to require more fulfillments, thus making it a poor deal. Since the Columbia House website is down at present I can't check to verify that this is still so.

If you look at my post #207 above I list some of the alternatives for those who don't have a PSN.

Yeah, but for me, the deal isn't so important. I don't like the buy 3, get whatever, then get 3 more free kind of deals.

23ed was a reliable code that usually got quick approval without a PSN and where you got 5 for $2.45. Thanks for always trying to help and if you hear that 23ed is still a good code, please post again if you can.

But, I know that codes can still show that they're good when you try and use them, but end you end up with a letter stating they aren't still valid, so I don't know how you know for sure. Will they tell you if you call?

duganrm
02-08-05, 05:36 PM
The details for LMTD now look correct on the signup site, at least the restricted one that is currently available today.
i still see the bad wording on the offer page. Did you actually sign up or just look at the page?

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

Jim
02-08-05, 05:45 PM
You're right, duganrm. It's still incorrect on the site. My goof.

lizard
02-09-05, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but for me, the deal isn't so important. I don't like the buy 3, get whatever, then get 3 more free kind of deals.

23ed was a reliable code that usually got quick approval without a PSN and where you got 5 for $2.45. Thanks for always trying to help and if you hear that 23ed is still a good code, please post again if you can.

But, I know that codes can still show that they're good when you try and use them, but end you end up with a letter stating they aren't still valid, so I don't know how you know for sure. Will they tell you if you call?
My experience suggests that if the code works on the website it is valid. Codes that are still on the website but are not active have the shopping cart removed so they can't be used.

While it is common to have web orders "lost" (my last few have gone nowhere and I am going to have to start calling in orders) and one sometimes gets letters saying why, I have never heard of a letter saying that the code used on a web order was invalid.

If you have joined the club before then you must have a PSN to use. Why not just use one of the best new codes? They are cheaper than 23ED ever was.

For the record, the terms of 23ED are:

You get 5 DVDs for 49 each and pay NO Shipping!
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 4 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 with FREE Shipping and you need only buy 3 more movies instead of 4 in the next 2 years.

Plus, choose a 7th movie now for the special low price of only $9.95 with FREE Shipping.

23ED still does not require a PSN. Suit yourself.

basaro
02-09-05, 12:05 PM
I just got off the phone from enrolling using LMT, total cost for 7 dvds was $12.89! Thanks to the members who posted this code- it rocks :)

cfloyd3
02-10-05, 03:04 PM
LMT worked great for me without any problems.
7 DVD's for $12.89 as it has been reported.

duganrm
02-10-05, 03:29 PM
LMT worked great for me without any problems.
7 DVD's for $12.89 as it has been reported.
did you do it over the phone or online?

cfloyd3
02-10-05, 03:36 PM
Sorry should have pointed that out. I enrolled over the phone.

cfloyd3
02-11-05, 08:48 PM
basaro, have you received any e-mails about your enrollment through the club you made via phone? I usually got one right away when I enrolled online just about how they are looking over my application. Unsure how this works over the phone.. (first time trying to enroll over phone) if they send e-mail the same way.

thejester
02-11-05, 09:30 PM
basaro, have you received any e-mails about your enrollment through the club you made via phone? I usually got one right away when I enrolled online just about how they are looking over my application. Unsure how this works over the phone.. (first time trying to enroll over phone) if they send e-mail the same way.

No emails are sent when enrolling over the phone - even if you give your email address. You don't get a "Thanks for the App", "Welcome To The Club", or anything. You only realize you're approved when your CC is charged.

cfloyd3
02-11-05, 09:35 PM
Thank you jester, I am paying by money order so I suppose that if I am approved and the DVD's arrive it will be a real surprise.

Anla'shok
02-11-05, 10:30 PM
No emails are sent when enrolling over the phone - even if you give your email address. You don't get a "Thanks for the App", "Welcome To The Club", or anything. You only realize you're approved when your CC is charged.

That's no longer true. I received "welcome" emails on several (but not all) of the phone accounts I opened within the last year. Don't count on getting one, but it may happen.

refeissn
02-16-05, 12:38 PM
I havn't seen it mentioned yet, but I was approved in 1 day for an LMT order on the WEB.

Total due is $13.43 (tax on the 9.99 dvd I see).

6x $0.49 free shipping + 1x $9.99 with 2 left to fulfill.

Mystic River Deluxe Edition
Dazed and Confused/ Fast Times Party combo WS
Caddyshack 20th
Animal House DSP
ELF
Groundhog Day SE
Three Kings

NCYankee
02-16-05, 12:46 PM
I havn't seen it mentioned yet, but I was approved in 1 day for an LMT order on the WEB.

How did you get these two? They don't come up on the signup page - did you choose by selection number? Or did you do this a couple weeks ago when Mystic River was still available?

basaro
02-16-05, 02:18 PM

I know I'm a little late replying to this as someone has already responded, but I thought I would confirm this. Long story short, Yes, I have gotten a welcome email on my last 4 phone apps. If you want more specifics check out the "did you get a new account approved" thread. I'm pretty sure all my history is in there, and statements from others who also have gotten the emails.

But getting an email is definitely YMMV. Some people get them, some people seem to not get them.

basaro
02-16-05, 02:20 PM
That's no longer true. I received "welcome" emails on several (but not all) of the phone accounts I opened within the last year. Don't count on getting one, but it may happen.

Ditto, last week I got the email 3 days after I applied. Fastest ever. :)

refeissn
02-16-05, 03:20 PM
How did you get these two? They don't come up on the signup page - did you choose by selection number? Or did you do this a couple weeks ago when Mystic River was still available?

Yes, I ordered by selection number. I have one open fulfilled account that I always keep open (I don't do this enough to cycle 2) that I use to take advantage of sales and funcash. Used it to find selections from the whole catalog.

Keith123
02-16-05, 03:22 PM

Caddyshack 20th
Animal House DSP
ELF
Groundhog Day SE
Three KingsOk, folks, isn't this the big news for the day, that the CH Website is ready to roll with the "LMT" code? Am I missing something or is it time to bring the CH website to its knees with new enrollments?

NCYankee
02-16-05, 03:23 PM
Yes, I ordered by selection number. I have one open fulfilled account that I always keep open (I don't do this enough to cycle 2) that I use to take advantage of sales and funcash. Used it to find selections from the whole catalog.

I am surprised you were approved - though I have never tried it, some here have told me apps will be rejected if you try to get selections which are not generally available.

I wonder if those titles are available as phone-only enrollments?

ITALIAN926
02-16-05, 07:49 PM
LMT's terms at checkout have been corrected.. SORTVE. Updated opening post

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0