Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JohnSeminal
What does the PSN number tell columbia house? Is that where the order is shipped? Can I use a PSN that I found on google, or will that effect someone else's account?
You probably DON'T want to use a PSN found on Google or anywhere else for that matter. CH uses those PSNs to "link" your accounts together. You really don't want to be "linked" to an account that potentially has a bad history - do you??? What else they use them for is up for interpretation.
Old 04-28-04, 11:52 AM

I once made up a PSN and it worked fine.. just started with the first 4 digits of a previous membership number and randomly picked the rest of the digits.
Old 04-28-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The PSN probably tells Columbia House that you have been a responsible customer in the past who has paid bills in a timely manner. (Some people have been known to defraud CH by ordering enrollments and not paying for them.) On most new accounts one either has to pay up-front or use a PSN (or both).
Old 04-29-04, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ITALIAN,

We should have DDK on the code list too. It is the ONLY code for a new member to use first time without a PSN.

I helped a friend sign up the other day and used DDK for him because he didn't have a previous membership to use a PSN from.

Terms of DDK are get 2 free now (plus s&h), then get 3 more free (plus s&h) when you buy 2 at regular prices (plus s&h).

This is also a good code for anyone to use since you can usually get non-enrollment titles for the 3 free titles using the vouchers they send you.

Can you update the main thread? Thanks for starting this thread in the first place, good work
Old 04-29-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by basaro
...since you can usually get non-enrollment titles for the 3 free titles using the vouchers they send you...
This is not supposed to be the case, but CSRs sometimes make mistakes. Those last three DVDs are supposed to be restricted to enrollment titles.

Those using DD* codes (there are several) should be aware that the offer details state that shipping/handling is $1.99 per DVD. But when placing the order for the final three on the phone (it isn't possible to do it on-line, but one could do it by e-mail) there is a glitch in the system so that the CSRs will nearly always charge $2.50 S/H per DVD. When this happens just read them the offer details (print it out when you enroll) and get it corrected.

On the other hand, once in awhile the CSR won't charge anything at all for shipping for the final three.
Old 04-29-04, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by lizard
This is not supposed to be the case, but CSRs sometimes make mistakes. Those last three DVDs are supposed to be restricted to enrollment titles.

Those using DD* codes (there are several) should be aware that the offer details state that shipping/handling is $1.99 per DVD. But when placing the order for the final three on the phone (it isn't possible to do it on-line, but one could do it by e-mail) there is a glitch in the system so that the CSRs will nearly always charge $2.50 S/H per DVD. When this happens just read them the offer details (print it out when you enroll) and get it corrected.

On the other hand, once in awhile the CSR won't charge anything at all for shipping for the final three.
YMMV. All good stuff to know. Thanks!
Old 04-29-04, 09:23 PM

In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments. I wont add that in because ToddB has the different type codes in the FAQ.
Old 04-29-04, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by ITALIAN926
In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments. I wont add that in because ToddB has the different type codes in the FAQ.
OK, they might be a pain in the butt, but they are the cheapest way for a new member to join. After that they'll have a PSN and can join using one of the good codes listed here.

Just thought it would be helpful for newbies. The more helpful information, the better
Old 04-30-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ITALIAN926
In my opinion, those DD* codes are a huge pain in the butt. It takes much longer to complete the membership process and you have to call up to get your last enrollments.
It is also cheaper per disc and as a whole. It also allows the member to spread out enrollments if s/he can't find six titles to order on the front end.

And the enrollment rainchecks on the back end can be redeemed via email.
Old 04-30-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by the big train
It is also cheaper per disc and as a whole. It also allows the member to spread out enrollments if s/he can't find six titles to order on the front end.

And the enrollment rainchecks on the back end can be redeemed via email.
Exactly! For those of us who don't want to cycle through accounts as fast as possible, and don't mind the extra hassle, DD* codes are a good way to go.
Old 04-30-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am going to try and call in and apply.

Can someone please recommend a good 6/2 code to use over the phone?
Old 05-07-04, 07:18 PM

^
Old 05-17-04, 05:14 PM

^
Old 05-23-04, 05:22 PM

^
Old 05-23-04, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by bballing
Can someone please recommend a good 6/2 code to use over the phone?
72SD has worked repeatedly for me over the last couple of months. This is a standard 6 enrollments for 17.40 w/two more to buy.
Old 06-04-04, 09:23 AM

^
Old 06-04-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would assume 57a is dead? I tried to use it a couple days ago (I just found this forum so didn't have the newer codes). It SEEMS to work - the correct details come up - but when you get to the "sign up" screen, it starts doing weird thing like deleting DVDs saying they are "Unsellable" - when they were valid enrollment selections.

I called in and joined using a CSR - no problems at all. I would assume I won't get my $5 internet coupon though?

What happens if you use the "search by selection number" and enter numbers for new releases? It seems to accept them, but I would assume that the account will be rejected at some point in the future.

Also, I have seen someone mention that $21.95 selections are not available as enrollment choices - but I was able to get a couple (Dances with Wolves and Unforgiven, 2-disc SEs). They show up in the catalog without asterisks, and can be found by searching from the enrollment page - but are listed at $21.95. (Same is true for Gladiator signature series, but it doesn't turn up when searching from the enrollment page).

Last edited by NCYankee; 06-04-04 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-04-04, 04:57 PM

What's the best code to use that doesn't require a PSN (and preferably requires a credit card)? I'm looking for one of the deals that involve getting 5 at $0.49 each (+ 1 at $14.95) with free shipping during enrollment, and buy 2 more to fulfill committment.
Old 06-04-04, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by NCYankee
I called in and joined using a CSR - no problems at all. I would assume I won't get my $5 internet coupon though?
Personally, I've found that orders placed over the internet get lost nine times out of ten. Phone enrollments never get lost, at least for me.

Also, you assume incorrectly: you will be able to use the $5 off coupon. However, if you call, you can request the 10% off offer, which may work out better for you.
Old 06-05-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by budster7
What's the best code to use that doesn't require a PSN (and preferably requires a credit card)? I'm looking for one of the deals that involve getting 5 at $0.49 each (+ 1 at $14.95) with free shipping during enrollment, and buy 2 more to fulfill committment.
So far as I am aware, all the best 6 + 2 type codes require a PSN. You can open an account using such a code by calling it in and, when asked for a PSN, just say that you don't have it in front of you.

You could also use a 2 + 2 + 3 code like DECD. It requires no PSN but does require payment up front (credit card). Although a bit cheaper than the best 6 + 2 codes, DECD is a bit more hassle since it takes three orders to get all your DVDs. Also, they will usually charge a bit too much in shipping ($2.50 each versus $1.99) when you place the order for the last three and you will have to get the mistake corrected. (But sometimes they charge no shipping at all for the final three enrollments.)
Old 06-09-04, 01:11 AM

PSN For God's Sake

Every time I try to use one of the codes to join I have to enter a freakin' PSN. What's the deal? I wanna do this and be billed for it. I think it's impossible.
Old 06-09-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: PSN For God's Sake

Originally posted by rlogle
Every time I try to use one of the codes to join I have to enter a freakin' PSN. What's the deal? I wanna do this and be billed for it. I think it's impossible.
Can you do it with a 72S type 6 + 2 code? No. But you have several other options if you are willing to pay up-front with a check. If you truly want CH to send you DVDs before you pay for them, yes, that option has disappeared for the most part. Why? Columbia House was defrauded by people who ordered numerous enrollment packages and never paid for them. So they went to pay first, whether by credit card or check.

If you just want to use a check instead of a credit card, you could use a 2 + 2 + 3 code, like DECD, and print out the order and mail it in with a check, no PSN required. Pretty simple and it works. Or you could just send in one of the mail offers that CH sends those of us who have been members before or are found in magazines and numerous other places. The latter offers aren't as good as DECD but they are way cheaper than most stores for DVD buying. And they say "Send no money now, we will bill you".

It's up to you.
Old 06-09-04, 02:59 PM

I've used a lot of PSN's on online applications that got lost. Can PSN's be used more than once?

Thanks
Old 06-10-04, 12:20 PM

Yes they can.
Not in my experience applying online.
Old 06-10-04, 04:05 PM

What's a PSN?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.