Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Running Man SE extra - blah!

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Running Man SE extra - blah!

Old 03-29-04, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a blind-buy on The Running Man: SE at Best Buy on the day it came out, mainly because I liked the artwork and I'm a Schwarzenegger fan, so I figured I'd enjoy this action film that I have yet to see. It's still unopened, because I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I hear the audio/video is very good, but after reading this, something tells me the extras pretty much suck. Luckily, I'm a picture/sound "Superbit" kinda guy, and I rarely if ever watch a DVD's special features like documentaries or commentaries. So, is this disc worth keeping for the improved picture/sound, not to mention low price tag? Keep in mind I haven't seen the movie, but I like Arnold's action flicks.
Old 03-29-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's interesting is several video stores I go to (Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, mom & pops, etc.) do not carry any version of The Running Man. However, they do have most other Arnold catalog titles.
Old 03-29-04, 04:38 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
FWIW, both commentary tracks are very interesting and informative. So it's not like all of the extras suck.
Old 03-29-04, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guys, as you know, this is completely not the place for a political discussion.

Splitting off political comments and sending to Other Forum.

Next time... someone please RTPTAM before we get to off-topic post #16... thanks.

- David Stein

Last edited by sfsdfd; 03-29-04 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-29-04, 10:46 PM

2 things:

1. I work at Hollywood Video, and we do carry The Running Man...so maybe it's just the particular store that you go to.

2. Well, at least the commentary is good, even though I probably won't listen to them.
Old 04-02-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The extras definitely are scarce, but I'm glad to finally have a decent version of the movie.
Old 04-06-04, 09:23 AM

Yea , i just got it for the picture/sound that has been vastly increased from the earlier release. The extras are a little sparse and not too interesting but really not something that is something you will buy it for.

The commentary is ok (watched a little bit with it) but really it is for the new video, DTS track, and the nice low price that made it a purchase for me.