Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : One & Only BMG Music Service Thread Part 2

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Big Dave
08-26-06, 06:57 PM
If that is your deal you don't need a code. But in order to get the free shipping, you need to order at least 5 CDs. That's how it worked for me at least. Once my shopping cart had 5 CDs in it, it changed over to free shipping.

By the way, this has to be one of the best deals they have had for multi CD sets. $20 CDs go down to $6.66 with free shipping - I bought a ton.

I bought a ton as well. This is a better deal then getting those sets from either regular BMG deals or yourmusic. Here is some ideas from I bought:

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cold Roses
Lucinda Williams - Live At The Fillmore
Bob Dylan - No Direction Home: The Soundtrack (The Bootleg Series Vol. 7)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (Deluxe Edition)
Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman (1 CD/1 DVD)
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes (Deluxe Edition-Remastered)
Ike Quebec - The Complete 45 Sessions (Remastered)
The Clash - Sandinista! (Remastered)
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (Remastered)
George Harrison - The Concert For Bangladesh
Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach (Deluxe Edition)
Pearl Jam - Live: Seattle, WA 11/6/00

About $115 for all that.

sumdeus
08-27-06, 06:48 PM
I'm extremely knowledgable in the Columbia House DVD club rules but am a novice with the BMG Music Club rules. I have three quick questions:

1) How many simultaneous, open accounts can one person have at the same address?

2) Is it possible to join -> fulfill -> cancel -> join -> fulfill -> cancel ...? That would seem to yield the lowest $/CD.

3) How does a person cancel a membership?

SFranke
08-27-06, 07:36 PM
1. I have had four, but you'd best stick with one or two, as decent codes come around fairly frequently.

2. Yes. With BMG you can refer yourself, get free CDs, and still get the 12 for 1 deal on the new account, so always keep one account open. A few pages back is a link for 15 for 1, which might be a better way to cycle accounts.

3. You can cancel on the website. Look for a link on the left side for customer service or help [I am going by memory here]. At the bottom of the page that comes up is "contact customer service." A membership cancellation option should be found through that link.

Sweet Baby James
08-28-06, 11:51 AM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE-

AU06PM1
AU06PM3

65% off with FREE shipping-

AU06PM2
AU06PM4

sumdeus
08-28-06, 07:44 PM
1. I have had four, but you'd best stick with one or two, as decent codes come around fairly frequently.

2. Yes. With BMG you can refer yourself, get free CDs, and still get the 12 for 1 deal on the new account, so always keep one account open. A few pages back is a link for 15 for 1, which might be a better way to cycle accounts.

3. You can cancel on the website. Look for a link on the left side for customer service or help [I am going by memory here]. At the bottom of the page that comes up is "contact customer service." A membership cancellation option should be found through that link.

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for.

bis22
08-29-06, 01:19 PM
How long after a CD is released does it usually take to show up on the BMG website if it will be available?

SFranke
08-29-06, 02:05 PM
If it is a hugely popular album, you might see it available right away, but it will be ineligible for choosing as a free CD or for any other discount. You do get a free CD if you buy one of these albums. They occasionally become available as part of the regular club.

Otherwise, it could show up right away, in a few weeks, three months down the road, a year in the future, or never. It really depends. Usually, I find if three months since release date pass and the album still is not available, the outlook is not so good.

bis22
08-29-06, 02:16 PM
Hmm, I'm hoping to get the new album by Persephone's Bees (released today). Any idea if that's likely to show up soon?

uwftke26
08-30-06, 12:02 PM
BMG has been weak lately, they haven't added anything to the "what's new" section in months.

SkullOrchard
08-31-06, 06:53 AM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE-

AU06PM1
AU06PM3 Are there anymore Buy 1, Get 4 FREE codes?

Thanks.

Sweet Baby James
08-31-06, 11:42 AM
Are there anymore Buy 1, Get 4 FREE codes?

Thanks.
Ask and you shall receive-

Buy 1, Get 4 FREE

AU06VM11
AU06VM23

Also, 2/3 off with FREE shipping on 5 or more titles

AU06VM16

Ginwen
08-31-06, 12:01 PM
Also, 2/3 off with FREE shipping on 5 or more titles

AU06VM16
I have this one as the default on my account. The great thing about it is that a five disk boxed set counts as five disks, so I got the Simon and Garfunkel complete Columbia recordings 5 disk set (it's for my wife, I swear) for 18.79 shipped, and didn't have to order anything else. In other words, if there are any boxed sets you've been thinking about, now's a good time to jump.

Sweet Baby James
08-31-06, 12:07 PM
I have this one as the default on my account. The great thing about it is that a five disk boxed set counts as five disks, so I got the Simon and Garfunkel complete recordings 5 disk set (it's for my wife, I swear) for 18.79 shipped, and didn't have to order anything else. In other words, if there are any boxed sets you've been thinking about, now's a good time to jump.Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check out their box set selection.:)

cdlibrary
08-31-06, 08:18 PM
I have been ordering CDs from BMG for over a year. I opened an account for each family member, for a total of 4 accounts open simultaneously. Once I fulfilled each membership, I closed each account, then reopened a new one. This cycling has worked successfully for over a year. Two weeks ago, all my accounts were suddenly closed. When I tried to reopen new ones, they did not get approved. I guess if BMG suspends your account, your address is "flagged" so that you may not reopen any new accounts. Ten days ago, I was able to reopen four new accounts using a different mailing address. Today, all four new accounts were again suddenly closed. I received an e-mail from BMG stating that it appeared that I was not using my account for "personal" purposes. This really makes me mad because all the CDs I purchased were for our personal use. We're not selling them or anything like that!

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about opening new accounts without this happening to me again? It seems that they must be trying to crack down on people who cycle accounts like I was doing. Or maybe it is families who have multiple accounts who are being unfairly scrutinized.

SFranke
09-02-06, 12:40 AM
1. Go to your local post office and open a PO box.

2. Get a "gift card" (a card that can be used anywhere that takes credit cards but has a fixed amount or a Webcertificate) from a credit card company or retailer.

3. Open new accounts using the PO box address. Do not have one account for each family member. That is just asking for trouble.

5. Profit.

cdlibrary
09-02-06, 03:41 AM

2. Get a "gift card" (a card that can be used anywhere that takes credit cards but has a fixed amount or a Webcertificate) from a credit card company or retailer.

3. Open new accounts using the PO box address. Do not have one account for each family member. That is just asking for trouble.

5. Profit.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed that number 4 was blank. Did you forget to mention something else?

From what you suggest, it sounds to me like BMG can use my credit card to "flag" my account and shut it down. What if I just used a different credit card? Does it have to be a gift card? Do you mean something like a VISA gift card?

It also sounds to me like I should only have one account open at a time. I'm very curious why I was able to have 4 accounts open simultaneously for over a year with no problems. Has BMG instituted some new system for detecting people who "cycle" their accounts?

Xbox69
09-02-06, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. I noticed that number 4 was blank. Did you forget to mention something else?

By leaving number 4 blank there is an implication (unstated) that you are indeed profitting from these accounts although you say they are for personal use.

I'm wondering the same thing myself. You state that YOU opened these accounts rather than my wife, my son, my daughter, etc. YOU fulfilled them. YOU closed them. Are all these accounts truly yours or do they belong to the other family members?

Were the same selections occasionally ordered on each account?

SFranke
09-02-06, 12:36 PM
I was just joking with the blank followed by profit. I was not trying to imply cdlibrary was lying when he said he wasn't reselling, only having some fun with numbered steps.

cdlibrary, if you have never used that card with BMG, go for it. BMG will be able to get your home [IE blacklisted] address from that card number, but I wouldn't sweat it. BMG is more concerned with having revenue coming in while convincing those with whom they negotiate contracts that they aren't supplying resellers than they are about nailing every single potential "problem" customer.

Yes, a VISA giftcard would work. Discover has a similar card.

I don't know of any system for detection of "cyclers", but I imagine they periodically scan for suspicious activity to show that they do not condone reselling to those who care about such things. I speculate that four open accounts at one address would be reason to close an account without any further investigation. But yes, I advised someone else in the thread to keep the number of accounts open to one or two. Zero would also be acceptable.

cdlibrary
09-02-06, 12:37 PM
By leaving number 4 blank there is an implication (unstated) that you are indeed profitting from these accounts although you say they are for personal use.

I'm wondering the same thing myself. You state that YOU opened these accounts rather than my wife, my son, my daughter, etc. YOU fulfilled them. YOU closed them. Are all these accounts truly yours or do they belong to the other family members?

Were the same selections occasionally ordered on each account?

The accounts were used by our entire family. We occasionally ordered CDs for friends and relatives. We have ordered a number of the same CDs recently to give as gifts. Is it possible that this is why they closed down all our accounts? Do they actually have some way of tracking ordering patterns on accounts? I suppose if BMG wanted to, they could shut down your account if you are purchasing CDs for friends or relatives. I'm sure there are thousands of BMG customers who have used their accounts to buy CDs for someone other than themselves.

I guess I just want to warn other BMG customers that this could happen to them too!

cdlibrary
09-02-06, 12:45 PM
I was just joking with the blank followed by profit. I was not trying to imply cdlibrary was lying when he said he wasn't reselling, only having some fun with numbered steps.

cdlibrary, if you have never used that card with BMG, go for it. BMG will be able to get your home [IE blacklisted] address from that card number, but I wouldn't sweat it. BMG is more concerned with having revenue coming in while convincing those with whom they negotiate contracts that they aren't supplying resellers than they are about nailing every single potential "problem" customer.

Yes, a VISA giftcard would work. Discover has a similar card.

I don't know of any system for detection of "cyclers", but I imagine they periodically scan for suspicious activity to show that they do not condone reselling to those who care about such things. I speculate that four open accounts at one address would be reason to close an account without any further investigation. But yes, I advised someone else in the thread to keep the number of accounts open to one or two. Zero would also be acceptable.

Thanks very much for the advice! We will give the gift card a try, reopen an account using a different mailing address, and limit the number of open accounts to two. They must not scan for suspicious activity very often, because we had four simultaneous open accounts for over a year.

cdlibrary
09-03-06, 09:36 AM
I heard somewhere that if your address is "blacklisted" with BMG, you may not use that address for at least 4 years. What if someone else moves into your house or apartment? What if someone else rents your old PO Box? Then it appears they will never be able to open an BMG account either. Seems that there must be some way around this problem. Any suggestions?

CubsWin
09-03-06, 03:26 PM
I just sent in a card referring myself as a new member with the same name and address. Will they let me open a 2nd account like that?

SFranke
09-04-06, 11:50 AM
Try reading the current page of the thread.

Xbox69
09-04-06, 12:19 PM
I heard somewhere that if your address is "blacklisted" with BMG, you may not use that address for at least 4 years. What if someone else moves into your house or apartment? What if someone else rents your old PO Box? Then it appears they will never be able to open an BMG account either. Seems that there must be some way around this problem. Any suggestions?

Maybe they should list that in the Real Estate details.

4 bedroom
spacious livingroom
2 bath
2 car garage
FREE and Clear of BMG/Columbia House blacklist :thumbsup:

:p

Xbox69
09-04-06, 12:28 PM
The accounts were used by our entire family. We occasionally ordered CDs for friends and relatives. We have ordered a number of the same CDs recently to give as gifts. Is it possible that this is why they closed down all our accounts? Do they actually have some way of tracking ordering patterns on accounts? I suppose if BMG wanted to, they could shut down your account if you are purchasing CDs for friends or relatives. I'm sure there are thousands of BMG customers who have used their accounts to buy CDs for someone other than themselves.

I guess I just want to warn other BMG customers that this could happen to them too!

I was surprised my brother was able to open his own account here at the same address. They sent one of those 'pre-approved' offers in the mail. I currently have 2 in my name although 1 of them is a former Columbia House account that was converted over about a year ago. They waived my required purchases (4) and even gave me a FREE CD credit. It also retains the 'no automatic shipment' status. I remember the letter I received about this and they were aware of my 1st BMG acct. and enrolled me with a different music genre -- so the Main Selections would be different.

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 08:25 AM
I was surprised my brother was able to open his own account here at the same address. They sent one of those 'pre-approved' offers in the mail. I currently have 2 in my name although 1 of them is a former Columbia House account that was converted over about a year ago. They waived my required purchases (4) and even gave me a FREE CD credit. It also retains the 'no automatic shipment' status. I remember the letter I received about this and they were aware of my 1st BMG acct. and enrolled me with a different music genre -- so the Main Selections would be different.

So, it looks like you can have at least two accounts in your own name, plus an additional account in another person's name at the same address. As I mentioned previously, we had four accounts at our address for over a year with no problems. It's possible that BMG might close out your accounts unexpectedly as they did to us.

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 08:34 AM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE-

AU06PM1
AU06PM3

65% off with FREE shipping-

AU06PM2
AU06PM4

Looks like these codes have expired as of 9/05. Does anyone else have new ones?

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 10:50 AM

According to the Visa gift card web site, my online purchase may be declined if my shipping address (a PO Box) does not match my home address. Here's what VISA says:

"You will need to be sure that your name, address, and phone number on file with the provider that issued the card is exactly the same as the information you give to the merchant you wish to make a purchase from. If the information is different, the purchase could be declined."

Are you absolutely sure this is going to work? It sounds like it might not.

SFranke
09-05-06, 11:32 AM
Not a problem if you already have your PO box. Just give the provider issuing the card your PO box address. That way the file address and shipping address will match up. Besides, it will be up to the merchant to decline the purchase, and BMG doesn't decline purchases.

It will work like a charm.

Xbox69
09-05-06, 12:43 PM
So, it looks like you can have at least two accounts in your own name, plus an additional account in another person's name at the same address. As I mentioned previously, we had four accounts at our address for over a year with no problems. It's possible that BMG might close out your accounts unexpectedly as they did to us.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. My account has been fulfilled for over a year now and I have yet to choose my all my FREE CDs. I've had a phone offers about Buy 1, Get 3 and occasionally I've ordered more at regular price. At last count, I have 4 (3 FREE selections) certificates along with 6 remaining (from my initial 1st purchase) plus 1 credit I received with Music points.

My brother immediately bought his 1 regular priced selection and has yet to choose the 8 FREE titles.

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 01:55 PM
When our accounts were closed, BMG sent us the CD that we had paid full price for $18.98 (plus $2.79 S&H), but then didn't send us our 11 free CDs. It was very unfair that they didn't send all 12 CDs. If I were you, I would use your free CDs as soon as you can.

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 02:00 PM
Not a problem if you already have your PO box. Just give the provider issuing the card your PO box address. That way the file address and shipping address will match up. Besides, it will be up to the merchant to decline the purchase, and BMG doesn't decline purchases.

We've had BMG decline some purchases over the past year. There was never any explanation as to why they weren't approved. The new accounts were never approved and the orders were never shipped.

I'm going to give the gift card a try and I will report back after several weeks to let you know if BMG closed down our new accounts.

cdlibrary
09-05-06, 02:26 PM
All our accounts with BMG were recently cancelled. Attempts to reopen an account using the same address have been unsuccessful. Since BMG and Yourmusic.com are affiliated, is there any chance we will be able to open up an account with Yourmusic using the same address?

SFranke
09-05-06, 03:09 PM
Of course BMG declines some purchases. If they didn't, you wouldn't be blacklisted and you could open memberships to your heart's content. My point is that as long they don't know that you are the same John Q. cdlibrary that they blacklisted, the purchase won't be declined.

SkullOrchard
09-05-06, 07:29 PM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE coupons are always appreciated. Thanks!

foxxvox
09-05-06, 11:00 PM

How much does it cost to get a PO box open?I am thinking of trying this with Columbia House.Does CH ship to PO boxes?

cdlibrary
09-06-06, 08:23 AM
How much does it cost to get a PO box open?I am thinking of trying this with Columbia House.Does CH ship to PO boxes?

The cost of a PO box varies. Some of our local post offices charge anywhere from $13/yr up to $250/yr. It depends on the size of the box. I don't know why some post offices charge 2-3 times as much as others. The cost may also vary depending on what part of the country you live in. The only way to find out is to call several of your post offices and get a quote from them. Hope this helps!

cdlibrary
09-06-06, 08:38 AM
All our accounts with BMG were recently cancelled. Attempts to reopen an account using the same address have been unsuccessful. Since BMG and Yourmusic.com are affiliated, is there any chance we will be able to open up an account with Yourmusic using the same address?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an account to be approved by Yourmusic.com? I applied for an account on Sept. 1 (5 days ago). The order says "not shipped" and the charge isn't showing up on my credit card. I'm beginning to think that since our BMG acccounts were closed, we will not be able to open up an account with Yourmusic.

uwftke26
09-06-06, 09:02 AM
Is Yourmusic basically just BMG under a different look/deal? The site looks the same in many places, and definitely the same crummy selection.

If so, do Yourmusic CDs have the BMG info instead of the bar code?

Sweet Baby James
09-06-06, 11:00 AM
Is Yourmusic basically just BMG under a different look/deal? The site looks the same in many places, and definitely the same crummy selection.

If so, do Yourmusic CDs have the BMG info instead of the bar code?
Yourmusic is indeeed BMG and the CDs do say that they were manufactured for BMG. The deal with YM is that all single CDs are $5.99 with free shipping and double CDs are $11.99 with free shipping. There are no upfront enrollments and no obligation to fulfill. You can order at any time, but they will charge your card $5.99 a month(you need to create a list and prioritize it and they then send out the CD that's at the top of your list).

SkullOrchard
09-06-06, 01:06 PM
Are there anymore Buy 1, Get 4 FREE codes floating around out there?

Thanks. :)

Sweet Baby James
09-06-06, 04:03 PM
Are there anymore Buy 1, Get 4 FREE codes floating around out there?

Thanks. :)
I'll post them as soon as I get 'em.:)

warsoul6918
09-07-06, 03:35 AM
Hi all,

Just joined BMG last night with the 12 for 1 deal. Well I don't know why I didn't think to ask these questions before I signed up, but maybe someone could answer them for me.

1. Is there still a problem with getting BMG CDs transferred into iTunes?

2. What are the quality of these disc? I believe I read that these Disc are made for BMG, just wondering if they cut down on the quaility so they could offer us these "Free" disc. Do they sound exactly the same as a store bought version?

3. I know there was some kinda big lawsuit about the DRM on some of the newer cd's they released a year or so ago. Are there still problems with this or has it all been cleared up?

Well thanks for taking the time to read this and for any answers you may be able to give.

cdlibrary
09-07-06, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an account to be approved by Yourmusic.com? I applied for an account on Sept. 1 (5 days ago). The order says "not shipped" and the charge isn't showing up on my credit card. I'm beginning to think that since our BMG accounts were closed, we will not be able to open up an account with Yourmusic.

It has now been 6 days since I signed up for my new Yourmusic account. They have let me place an additional order since then, but still it says that none of the CDs have been shipped. I sent an e-mail to customer support to inquire about the status of my account, but have not received a response. Is this typical of how long it takes to get new shipments sent out? Or should I assume that even though they sent me an e-mail welcoming me to the club that my account is essentially "unapproved" or "dead"? This sounds alot like the "lost" CH DVD applications!

Sweet Baby James
09-07-06, 10:14 AM
2. What are the quality of these disc? I believe I read that these Disc are made for BMG, just wondering if they cut down on the quaility so they could offer us these "Free" disc. Do they sound exactly the same as a store bought version?

Welcome to the board.:wave:

The quality of the CDs are exactly the same as those that you would buy at a store. Stereophile magazine(an audiophile magazine) actually tested and compared the BMG CDs to CDs that were bought elsewhere. They found no difference in quality.:)

Xbox69
09-07-06, 10:47 AM
It has now been 6 days since I signed up for my new Yourmusic account. They have let me place an additional order since then, but still it says that none of the CDs have been shipped. I sent an e-mail to customer support to inquire about the status of my account, but have not received a response. Is this typical of how long it takes to get new shipments sent out? Or should I assume that even though they sent me an e-mail welcoming me to the club that my account is essentially "unapproved" or "dead"? This sounds alot like the "lost" CH DVD applications!

I joined in December 2004. Welcome to the Club e-mail dated 12/22. Shipment confirmation on my first selection, 12/29. My music shipment date is the 23rd each month. Perhaps since that was my first order and also during the holiday season it took a week to process. I usually now receive my shipping confirmations around the 25th each month.

cdlibrary
09-07-06, 02:00 PM
I joined in December 2004. Welcome to the Club e-mail dated 12/22. Shipment confirmation on my first selection, 12/29. My music shipment date is the 23rd each month. Perhaps since that was my first order and also during the holiday season it took a week to process. I usually now receive my shipping confirmations around the 25th each month.

Well, maybe I'm just a bit anxious and should give it some more time. With BMG, we always received confirmation that the new account was approved within 24-48 hours. Plus, our initial order was usually mailed within 24-48 hours. What I'm worried about is that since our family seems to be "blacklisted" by BMG, Yourmusic will also refuse to allow us to open an account. Does anyone know if this is true?

Update 9/8 am: My first order for my new Yourmusic account was finally shipped! It took them 5 days after I originally opened my account. Now, the big question is: Will they allow us to keep our account open or will it be closed down like our BMG accounts??

Update 9/8 pm: My Yourmusic account was suddenly closed down tonight. Looks like they share blacklisted addresses with BMG. So, if your account has been shut down by BMG, don't bother trying to open a new one with Yourmusic.

joltman
09-07-06, 02:49 PM
I got B1G3 with 10% off in my mail today with the code 'SE06NMA6'
As far as my math says, B1G3 with 10% off is actually a better per CD price than B1G4 (with a $18.98 fulfillment CD, its $4.17/CD at B1G3 10% vs $4.22/CD at B1G4)

potnoodlez
09-07-06, 05:10 PM
To get the Unlimited 2/3 Off, Plus Free Shipping & Handling When You Buy 5 or More offer, enter the promotion code "SE06CR4" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 9/11/06!

Sweet Baby James
09-07-06, 05:18 PM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE

SE06CR13

I ran through all of the numbers and the better offers have already been posted.:)

warsoul6918
09-08-06, 11:56 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the code!

Got my 7 Free... Bought 1 got the 4 free then another 4 for free with the buy 1 get 4 coupon code!

I've spent $115 dollars on CDs this past week .... I've gotten 30 for that much. A combination of BMG, AMAZON, and EBAY. I'd say that's not bad at all. $3.83 per CD.

Thanks again!

SkullOrchard
09-08-06, 12:31 PM
Buy 1, Get 4 FREE

SE06CR13

I ran through all of the numbers and the better offers have already been posted.:)
Thank you. :)

warsoul6918
09-09-06, 01:17 AM
Well I must of done something wrong. Like I said, yesterday I used the Buy 1 get 4 free coupon offer. I selected those 5 choices then added 4 more CDs to use as my free ones. The total for all of that came out to $44.09. I recieved an order confirmation in my e-mail that showed all of my selections and everything. Well I check my Bank Account this morning and they only charged me $32.93. Which means I've only paid for 1 CD at regular club price:

$18.98
+$2.79 S/H
=$21.77

4 CDs (Free)
+ S/H
= $11.16.

Grand Total = $32.93

Now Are they charging me just for the 4 for 1 deal and then they will turn around and charge me for the 4 Free CDs? That's what I'm hoping happens. I'm pretty sure that buying that $18.98 completes my End of the deal. O well... I guess I'll find out soon enough...

warsoul6918
09-09-06, 04:11 AM
What in the Hell?!?!

Logged in again to check on my orders. My first order I originally placed for my first 7 Free Cd's is gone... the only left in my order history is the order I placed yesterday!

Also says I have a Free Music Voucher for 4 Free Cd's.... Which I used on Yesterday's Order! What the Crap is going on here! So I find the Customer Service Phone Number and Surprise Surprise... They are closed on Weekends!

I even tried opening up yesterdays order and changing the order number in the address bar but it brings up the exact same order (yesterday's) with the 1st order number on the invoice! Are they going to send me ... the same order TWICE?!

This is becoming to complicated....

Anyone else had something similiar?

sumdeus
09-09-06, 11:33 AM
What in the Hell?!?!

Logged in again to check on my orders. My first order I originally placed for my first 7 Free Cd's is gone... the only left in my order history is the order I placed yesterday!

Also says I have a Free Music Voucher for 4 Free Cd's.... Which I used on Yesterday's Order! What the Crap is going on here! So I find the Customer Service Phone Number and Surprise Surprise... They are closed on Weekends!

I even tried opening up yesterdays order and changing the order number in the address bar but it brings up the exact same order (yesterday's) with the 1st order number on the invoice! Are they going to send me ... the same order TWICE?!

I went through a similar chain of events with almost every order I have made but everything has turned out fine. When dealing with BMG and Columbia House you have to wait until everything is processed because their on-line order tracking is not the greatest. Once everything in the order has been shipped 99% of the time everything turns out just as it should, so you just need to be patient.

cdlibrary
09-10-06, 11:31 AM
What in the Hell?!?!

I wouldn't worry about it. We've had many BMG accounts. The same thing frequently happened to me when I opened a new account, placed my initial order, then placed my order for free CDs. Give it a couple of days and the orders will be processed properly. You will know when everything has gone through when you check your account and all orders say they have been shipped.

bigjim25
09-11-06, 10:51 AM
To get the Unlimited 2/3 Off, Plus Free Shipping & Handling When You Buy 5 or More offer, enter the promotion code "SE06CR4" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 9/11/06!

This is a great code for TOTALLY COUNTRY Vol. 1-4 (4-Pack) $7.19 :up:
I bought that set which counted as 4 and a $6.33 2 DISC GOLD CD SET for $13.52 (around $2.25 a CD)

cdlibrary
09-12-06, 08:35 AM
The SE06 series of discount codes expired on 9/11. Does anyone have any new codes?

potnoodlez
09-12-06, 04:33 PM
To get the Unlimited $4.99 offer, enter the promotion code "SE06NT2" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 9/13/06!

Sweet Baby James
09-12-06, 06:47 PM
To get the Unlimited $4.99 offer, enter the promotion code "SE06NT2" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 9/13/06!
I went through all of the different numbers(SE06NT1, SE06NT2, SE06NT3, etc) and they are all the exact same $4.99 offer. Hopefully a new Buy 1, Get 4 FREE code will pop up soon.

cdlibrary
09-12-06, 07:44 PM
I went through all of the different numbers(SE06NT1, SE06NT2, SE06NT3, etc) and they are all the exact same $4.99 offer. Hopefully a new Buy 1, Get 4 FREE code will pop up soon.

Thanks. This would be a great deal if it included free S&H. As you said, hopefully a better code will come along soon.

SkullOrchard
09-14-06, 09:38 PM
Unlimited 2/3 Off, Plus Free Shipping & Handling When You Buy 5 or More offer
Are there any available codes? Thanks.

cdlibrary
09-18-06, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know if there are any new BMG codes? As far as I can tell, the last ones posted expired 5 days ago on Sept. 13? Thanks!

Sweet Baby James
09-18-06, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know if there are any new BMG codes? As far as I can tell, the last ones posted expired 5 days ago on Sept. 13? Thanks!I'll post 'em when I get 'em.:) There should be a new batch of codes coming out any day now.

Sweet Baby James
09-18-06, 12:25 PM
50% off with FREE shipping and handling-

SE06ODS1.

I went through all of the different number combinations and they were all the same deal.

cdlibrary
09-18-06, 08:49 PM
50% off with FREE shipping and handling-

SE06ODS1.

I went through all of the different number combinations and they were all the same deal.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully something better will be coming along soon.

potnoodlez
09-22-06, 04:43 PM
To get the 50% Off with Free Shipping & Handling offer, enter the promotion code "SE06ODS7" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But Hurry! Offer is only good until 9/24/06!

Xbox69
09-23-06, 11:43 AM
How does one get FREE shipping on boxsets? Is it even possible with any code? Specifically, I'm referring to the AC/DC: Bonfire set which contains 5 CDs.

Seems my best bet is yourmusic.com which has it for $29.99 and FREE shipping. The regular BMG club has it for just a couple of dollars less but you'd pay shipping -- over $10.

Ginwen
09-23-06, 12:03 PM
How does one get FREE shipping on boxsets? Is it even possible with any code? Specifically, I'm referring to the AC/DC: Bonfire set which contains 5 CDs.

Seems my best bet is yourmusic.com which has it for $29.99 and FREE shipping. The regular BMG club has it for just a couple of dollars less but you'd pay shipping -- over $10.
I got it for 27.99 shipped when they had 2/3 off, free shipping on 5 a couple of weeks ago (since there are 5 disks, it counts as 5), but they don't have that right now and 29.99 isn't much more.

Xbox69
09-23-06, 12:15 PM
I got it for 27.99 shipped when they had 2/3 off, free shipping on 5 a couple of weeks ago (since there are 5 disks, it counts as 5), but they don't have that right now and 29.99 isn't much more.

I saw that price and code. When I added it to my cart it added shipping. :confused:

I'm seeing that same price of $27.99 with no code.

cdlibrary
09-23-06, 02:46 PM

You can't get free shipping with this offer. I would agree that Yourmusic.com has some great deals on box sets. Unfortunately, they closed our account recently with no explanation given. So, now I'm waiting for a free S&H promo with BMG. That's the best time to get box sets.

Ginwen
09-23-06, 02:56 PM
I saw that price and code. When I added it to my cart it added shipping. :confused:

I'm seeing that same price of $27.99 with no code.
Does the offer you have now say "free shipping on 5"? I don't have that offer now so I can't confirm it still works. Otherwise I have nothing to add--the best price I can get it for right now at BMG is half off with free shipping, and YourMusic beats that by a bit.

JosephTNielsen
09-24-06, 04:37 AM
Hey everybody,

My name's Joe and I just registered! I'm a DVD Talk virgin! LOL

Anyway, I don't know if this code for BMG has been posted in one of the many other pages, but if you use the code:

THANK YOU

It turns the price of each album to $5.99 per CD. I just thought I'd post it.

Take care,
Joe Nielsen

cdlibrary
09-24-06, 09:41 AM
Hey everybody,

My name's Joe and I just registered! I'm a DVD Talk virgin! LOL

Anyway, I don't know if this code for BMG has been posted in one of the many other pages, but if you use the code:

THANK YOU

It turns the price of each album to $5.99 per CD. I just thought I'd post it.

Take care,
Joe Nielsen

Thanks for posting the code. BMG will add on $2.79 S&H, to bring the price of a CD to $8.78. If you have a Yourmusic account, you can get CDs for $5.99 and NO S&H.

MrE
09-25-06, 12:20 PM
The main reason I keep by BMG account open is for the clearance CDs, since it seems yourmusic.com beats all their offers (except the initial one, of course).

cdlibrary
09-26-06, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have any new BMG codes?

cdlibrary
10-02-06, 10:47 AM
It appears that all the recent BMG codes expired about a week ago. Are there any new ones available at this time?

Sweet Baby James
10-05-06, 02:03 PM
Not all that great, but here goes-

Unlimited titles at 75% Off(unfortunately, you still have to pay for shipping)

SE06DC1

cdlibrary
10-05-06, 05:38 PM
You're right, it's not that great. But I appreciate you posting it anyway!

Ginwen
10-05-06, 08:12 PM
SE06DC2 Buy 1 get 2 plus unlimited at 2.99
SE06DC4 Buy 1 get 2 plus unlimited at 80% off

I still need a buy 1 get 4 to fulfill.

dvdempress
10-07-06, 10:24 PM
I still need a buy 1 get 4 to fulfill.

I'm waiting or that offer to come around too........ -pray-

cdlibrary
10-08-06, 10:26 AM
I'm waiting or that offer to come around too........ -pray-

I've never seen that one (buy 1 get 4 free). How frequently does BMG offer that deal?

Ginwen
10-08-06, 04:36 PM
I've never seen that one (buy 1 get 4 free). How frequently does BMG offer that deal?
I think they had it about a month ago...I even had everything in my cart but didn't quite pull the trigger :(

kyzersoze11
10-08-06, 08:14 PM
ok i read the first post, but what is the best starting code for each place, and where do i enter these codes.

potnoodlez
10-09-06, 05:30 PM
To get the Buy 1, Get 2 Free, Plus Unlimited $2.99 CDs offer, enter the promotion code "OC06CR5" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 10/11/06!

Ginwen
10-10-06, 09:37 AM
To get the Buy 1, Get 2 Free, Plus Unlimited $2.99 CDs offer, enter the promotion code "OC06CR5" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Offer is only good until 10/11/06!
Thanks. From that, I got:
OC06CR13: Buy 1 get 4 free

Time to pick my CDs.

dvdempress
10-11-06, 08:24 AM
Thanks. From that, I got:
OC06CR13: Buy 1 get 4 free

Thanks for that code........ :)

Sweet Baby James
10-16-06, 02:42 PM
A fresh Buy 1, Get 4 FREE code-

O6C24

warsoul6918
10-17-06, 11:52 AM

O6C24

Thanks for the Code Sweet Baby James!

I'm running out of CD's of groups I know...

Anyone Have the 30 Seconds To Mars new Album? Any Good?

spedface
10-18-06, 11:39 AM
So if I've nevered joined the club before, can I still use codes? What's the best deal going right now?

ishouldstudy
10-19-06, 05:20 AM

O6C24

I just tried O6C24 and OC06CR13, it appears they no longer work.

Xbox69
10-19-06, 05:34 AM
I got an e-mail offer a couple of weeks ago for 60% OFF Box Sets. I log-in and it's really nothing great. I notice the AC/DC: Bonfire 5 disc set at the same price it usually is, $27.99. You'd still have to pay shipping too.

I guess that is accurate though when they have the LIST Price as $70 but they never sell things at LIST! :rolleyes:

Sweet Baby James
10-19-06, 10:19 AM
I just tried O6C24 and OC06CR13, it appears they no longer work.
These codes usually last for only 48 hours. Once you see a code posted, you better not dawdle in placing an order.:)

warsoul6918
10-19-06, 02:54 PM
I got a pretty good offer, but since I just used the buy 1 get 4 free offer I can't afford to go in on this deal.

When I log in it says... unlimited CDs @ 5.99 + free shipping when you order 5

that comes out to $29.95

I paid a little $33 bucks with the buy 1 get 4 free!

Oooooooo well...

Sweet Baby James
10-19-06, 03:02 PM
I got a pretty good offer, but since I just used the buy 1 get 4 free offer I can't afford to go in on this deal.

that comes out to $29.95

Oooooooo well...You could join www.yourmusic.com and receive $5.99 CDs with free shipping and you don't have to order 5 or more. YM is a separate BMG club where they charge you $5.99 a month and will ship out the CD that's at the top of your Queue. You can order at any time, but you have to make sure that your Queue is filled because they'll charge the monthly $5.99 fee even if your Queue is empty. There's no fulfillment and you can quit and rejoin at any time.:)

Xbox69
10-19-06, 03:03 PM

that comes out to $29.95

Oooooooo well...

FINALLY!!! I also have that offer on my account. $30.30 for AC/DC: Bonfire 5 disc box. Qualifies for FREE shipping too! Thanks for the alert. I haven't received an e-mail on this yet.

This is better than $5.99 per CD since it's $27.99 total before tax. Average $5.60 per disc. :thumbsup:

EDIT: My yourmusic.com account has it for $2 more with FREE shipping but I have a CC on file there so I get hit with the charge right away -- at shipping. This BMG account will 'Bill me'.

Ginwen
10-19-06, 03:35 PM

that comes out to $29.95

Oooooooo well...
The advantage of buy 1 get 4 over this is that the 1 counts as your fulfillment, whereas typically the 5.99 ones will not. If you need to fulfill you need an offer that includes a full price selection--I learned that the hard way (well not too hard, because it was still cheap). So if you were fulfilling don't be sad about the extra $3!

warsoul6918
10-19-06, 04:55 PM
The advantage of buy 1 get 4 over this is that the 1 counts as your fulfillment, whereas typically the 5.99 ones will not. If you need to fulfill you need an offer that includes a full price selection--I learned that the hard way (well not too hard, because it was still cheap). So if you were fulfilling don't be sad about the extra $3!

I had already filled my obligation a while back. I don't feel bad about $3. I was just saying if I had just waited ooooooooone more day I coulda saved a few $$. Then again... I never know what offer I'll get so that why I jumped on the buy 1 get 4 Free.

As for yourmusic.com.... I would love to check that out. Problem is .. I'm in Iraq and the internet they allow us to use over here has yourmusic.com website BLOCKED everytime I try the site I get this message:

"Your request was categorized by SmartFilter as 'Business;Entertainment/Recreation/Hobbies;Shopping/Merchandizing'.
If you wish to question or dispute this result, please click here. "

As if being in Iraq fighting a War wasn't bad enough... I can't even visit a fraction of the sites I would like to. I got lucky with BMG going through. Sometimes they even block my Bank webpage from coming up. It's ridiculous!

warsoul6918
10-19-06, 04:57 PM
FINALLY!!! I also have that offer on my account. $30.30 for AC/DC: Bonfire 5 disc box. Qualifies for FREE shipping too! Thanks for the alert. I haven't received an e-mail on this yet.

This is better than $5.99 per CD since it's $27.99 total before tax. Average $5.60 per disc. :thumbsup:

EDIT: My yourmusic.com account has it for $2 more with FREE shipping but I have a CC on file there so I get hit with the charge right away -- at shipping. This BMG account will 'Bill me'.

wow... for some reason I didn't think they charged tax?

Sweet Baby James
10-19-06, 05:20 PM
As if being in Iraq fighting a War wasn't bad enough... I can't even visit a fraction of the sites I would like to.
Welcome to the forum, stay safe and thanks for the sacrifice.:wave:

Xbox69
10-19-06, 05:44 PM
wow... for some reason I didn't think they charged tax?

Yeah, BMG and CH are still charging me tax (even on shipping).

Xbox69
10-19-06, 05:47 PM
Amazing deal that someone posted earlier in the thread.

With the current FREE shipping on 5 or more, you can get:

Totally Country 4 Pack (Volumes 1, 2, 3, & 4) for $7.19
Totally Country Volume 5 for $5.99

After they add sales tax, it still comes to under $15 for me.

Even Wal-Mart.com and Amazon are selling these individually for around $12 to $18 each.

warsoul6918
10-20-06, 01:17 AM
Yeah, BMG and CH are still charging me tax (even on shipping).

I just check on the tax thing for my account. No taxes at all

Subtotal:
$19.98

Sales Tax:
$0.00

Shipping and Handling:
$13.95

Total Price:
$33.93

That's what it cost me for the Buy 1 get 4 Free deal.

1 @ $19.98
5 x 2.79 = $13.95 Shipping
Grand Total = $33.93

Must be because of the State you live in. I Live in Georgia.

nreyedoc
10-20-06, 11:35 AM

Even Wal-Mart.com and Amazon are selling these individually for around $12 to $18 each.

What current deal; i tried to check out with 5 and it still is trying to charge shipping?

cdlibrary
10-20-06, 05:18 PM
What current deal; i tried to check out with 5 and it still is trying to charge shipping?

Does the banner at the top of your page say that you have that deal? If not, you won't be able to take advantage of this promotion.

warsoul6918
10-20-06, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum, stay safe and thanks for the sacrifice.:wave:

Thanks for the Welcome. I'm doing my best to stay safe! It will be Great to get back home next Month! Hopefully in time for Thanksgiving

Xbox69
10-21-06, 12:25 PM

I have this on one of my 2 accounts. They e-mailed me about it after I placed my order on Thursday. No indication of the expiration date though. Multi-CD and box sets included meaning that a double CD will count as 2, etc. FREE shipping with 5 or more.

The offer on my other account is Buy 1, Get 2 FREE and then take unlimited at 80% OFF. Regular shipping applies.

nreyedoc
10-23-06, 09:18 AM
normally i think of myself as bright but these bmg deals have me totally confused. are you saying they make these offers to some customers and not others? doesn't this seem un-American? also, they emailed me about 50% off boxed sets. i had my eye on boxed set of bach works, but when i looked on the website, no discount. does that mean only some boxed sets are offered?

SFranke
10-23-06, 10:49 AM
normally i think of myself as bright but these bmg deals have me totally confused. are you saying they make these offers to some customers and not others? doesn't this seem un-American?

I can just picture nreyedoc going to a bar and demanding the ladies drink special by the same "price discrimination is un-American" argument.

As for getting this deal, join Yourmusic.com for a week or two and get all the $5.99 CDs with free shipping that you want. Generally speaking, if you google for "BMG phone number," you can call BMG directly and ask for any current offer that you see in this thread. They will take your order over the phone.

nreyedoc
10-23-06, 12:40 PM
I can just picture nreyedoc going to a bar and demanding the ladies drink special by the same "price discrimination is un-American" argument.

As for getting this deal, join Yourmusic.com for a week or two and get all the $5.99 CDs with free shipping that you want. Generally speaking, if you google for "BMG phone number," you can call BMG directly and ask for any current offer that you see in this thread. They will take your order over the phone.

thanks for the tip on music; check the link and you will find that ladies night may soon be a thing of the past :)
http://www.calicocat.com/2004/06/ladies-night-is-unconstitutional.html

Zuvembieman
10-23-06, 06:23 PM
Got this offer today:

"To get the 55% Off with Free Shipping & Handling offer, enter the promotion code "O6O1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But Hurry! Offer is only good until 10/24/06!"

It's not that great an offer, but it does knock a two disc "Gold" collection down to $8.99. It's a bust for single discs and higher priced two disc sets (actually $25 or less 2 CD sets are cheaper with this code than they would be at yourmusic.com). Perhaps it can tide some people over until a "60-65% + free shipping" code comes along.

nreyedoc
10-24-06, 10:42 AM
Got this offer today:

"To get the 55% Off with Free Shipping & Handling offer, enter the promotion code "O6O1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But Hurry! Offer is only good until 10/24/06!"

It's not that great an offer, but it does knock a two disc "Gold" collection down to $8.99. It's a bust for single discs and higher priced two disc sets (actually $25 or less 2 CD sets are cheaper with this code than they would be at yourmusic.com). Perhaps it can tide some people over until a "60-65% + free shipping" code comes along.

thanks for the code; saved me a bundle!

nreyedoc
10-24-06, 04:09 PM
i have my first contribution....unlimited cds $5.99 .....code C4BB

warsoul6918
10-28-06, 12:36 AM
Got this in an e-mail tonite

55% off with free shipping

O6O9

Not Great... but it's all I got! Enjoy

DVD.guy
10-31-06, 04:55 PM
So what's the best deal going on now to sign up?

Thanks

SFranke
10-31-06, 05:08 PM
If you're a member of FatWallet, you can get $10 cash back by using their referral. You could also try searching the thread to see if 15 for 1 is still around.

Xbox69
10-31-06, 05:33 PM

They raised the price on the 4 pack to $17.98 and it's currently out of stock. I have the receipt with the lower price. Hopefully they honor that.

warsoul6918
10-31-06, 07:37 PM
Unlimited $4.99 CDs

promotion code: O6HW1

Once again... Nothing Great!

Ends 11-3-2006

warsoul6918
11-03-06, 07:53 PM
Dunno if this helps. You might want to check your current offer from BMG on the website

Mine is "Get Unlimited 90% Off When You Buy 1, plus Double Music Points!"

Not to bad...

SFranke
11-03-06, 08:38 PM
According to my calculations made on the back of a grocery receipt, using the 90% with the purchase of one code, one would have to buy 8 CDs before one got a better average than YourMusic.com and 20 CDs before one got a better average than the standard per disc average at BMG (16 for 1). This does not include any bonus discs you might accrue with the double music points.

Xbox69
11-03-06, 08:42 PM
They raised the price on the 4 pack to $17.98 and it's currently out of stock. I have the receipt with the lower price. Hopefully they honor that.

Received my 4 pack today and it was billed correctly for the lower price, $7.19. :thumbsup:

warsoul6918
11-04-06, 11:17 AM
According to my calculations made on the back of a grocery receipt, using the 90% with the purchase of one code, one would have to buy 8 CDs before one got a better average than YourMusic.com and 20 CDs before one got a better average than the standard per disc average at BMG (16 for 1). This does not include any bonus discs you might accrue with the double music points.

Well since you put it that way... seems the 90% off deal is useless!

I would do the YourMusic.com thing, but they have that website blocked over here in Iraq!

foxxvox
11-05-06, 01:28 AM
Dunno if this helps. You might want to check your current offer from BMG on the website

Mine is "Get Unlimited 90% Off When You Buy 1, plus Double Music Points!"

Not to bad...
If this has a code I would like to know what it is.I logged in and my offer was"Buy 1 get 1 half off".Useless.

jsum
11-05-06, 08:50 AM
mine was Buy 1 get 2 free just now (no code given). I went ahead and bit instead of waiting for get 3 free.

Sweet Baby James
11-05-06, 11:53 AM
mine was Buy 1 get 2 free just now (no code given). I went ahead and bit instead of waiting for get 3 free.For future reference, there are get 4 codes that pop up once or twice a month.

jsum
11-05-06, 12:26 PM
argh, shoulda waited :) thanks for the heads up.

cjhc01
11-06-06, 07:53 PM
Just got an offer for buy 1 get 4 free. Best offer I have seen, but I don't have a promotion code...

Xbox69
11-06-06, 08:19 PM
Just got an offer for buy 1 get 4 free. Best offer I have seen, but I don't have a promotion code...

Received the same in my club mailing today along with the Holiday A to Z Guide.

SFranke
11-07-06, 07:26 PM
It seems YourMusic.com has instituted a frequent buyer program. For every 10 CDs you buy, you get 1 free. This only applies to CDs bought through the cart, NOT through the music queue. This is slightly more useful than BMG music points, and by slightly more useful, I mean it is more useful by an amount δ, where δ is a strictly positive number such that lim x->∞ (1/x) = δ.

cdlibrary
11-08-06, 10:42 AM

Anyone have the promo code for this Buy 1 Get 4 Free offer?

dadaluholla
11-09-06, 09:17 AM
The B1G4 was the offer when I logged on today. I went ahead and fulfilled my membership with that.
:)
Plus I have 7 more free cds left! I'll probably be holding on to those for awhile since I doubt I could even find 7 more cds I want right now.

Sweet Baby James
11-09-06, 01:16 PM
Here's what you've all been waiting for-

Buy 1, Get 4 FREE

N6C9

ishouldstudy
11-09-06, 02:26 PM
thanks Sweet Baby James! I ordered to fulfill my membership.

Oddly enough, there's a link on my nav bar that says "You have 1 CD left to buy", which when clicked leads to a page that says the following. The code listed is a b1g1. I'm assuming that this code is just BMG's suggestion, not the necessary one to fulfill. I remember I could do a b1g4 when i did this years ago over mail.

CDs Left to Buy
Fullfilling your Membership Agreement is as simple as paying for the one selection you agreed to purchase upon joining within one year at regular Club price ($14.98 and up for CDs, plus shipping and handling). You have no other purchase commitment. Please note that non-audio merchandise, discounted sale selections and specifically priced selections do not count toward fulfilling your agreement.

If you would like to fulfill your Membership Agreement now, you may do so by entering J1W5 as your Promotional Code. One selection in your Cart will be priced at regular Club price when you check out.

GeoffK
11-09-06, 02:45 PM
Please Start PT III.