Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead end of credits? :SPOLIERS:

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey. Can some PLEASE tell me if sometig happened after the credits rolled in Dawn of the Dead? I just read a review and they said not to leave until the last frame, but I did. TIA
Old 03-20-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are two multiple page threads on page 1 that will tell you everything you need to know about the end credits.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=353816
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=346805
Old 03-20-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You get a minDV camera look at what's going on the boat being held by kennith.

They come across another boat with a zombie in it

out of gas

the boats engine starts on fire

they put it out

they see an island coming up close

they pull up to the island

you see figures running around on the island

they slowly get off the boat with arms raised

zombies come rushing (OMG!!11 ZOMBIE RUSH)

the miniDV camera is dropped

black

It leaves the fate of our heros up in the air. You are not sure if they made it back to the boat and if they are alive.
Old 03-20-04, 03:47 PM

Thanks for detailing the end. I went to the late show last night and the movie finished up around 1:00 a.m. and the guy in the projection booth cut it just as the credits started! I was so pissed off. All I saw was the chick taking her top off and then the screen when black. I walked around for 15 minutes trying to find an employee to complain to, but there was no one to be found.
Old 03-20-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The miniDV camera is being held by Terry. You see everyone on the boat's face with the exception of Terry's. You even hear the red-head girl tell Terry: "Drop the camera Terry" (or something similar).
Old 03-20-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked this ending (as opposed to the TCM ending) because the people who made DotD didn't act like retards by trying to convince stupid people that this really happend.
Old 03-20-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Ryo, e-mail me your address as I'm sure you would like your poster.

My bad about mixing up kenneth with terry.
Old 03-21-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How could you not stay for the credits!?!?!?! There was clearly going to be footage scattered throughout, not to mention, the title sequence and end credits were some of the coolest I've seen at the movies in recent memory... a very wicked horror flick...right throught to the last frame!

MATT
Old 03-21-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like how people are walking out, they see there is more so they stand in the aisle blocking other peoples views. I had to tell a couple to move out of the way. Stupid ppl.

On a side note, I have seen the old films (along time ago) and I cant remember... Did they ever say or give some explenation as to why the Zombies started attacking?
Old 03-21-04, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

probe causing radiation bringing the dead back to life.
Old 03-21-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

They come across another boat with a zombie in it

out of gas

the boats engine starts on fire

they put it out

they see an island coming up close

they pull up to the island

you see figures running around on the island

they slowly get off the boat with arms raised

zombies come rushing (OMG!!11 ZOMBIE RUSH)

the miniDV camera is dropped

black

it also shows them running out of water and what food they had has spoiled, ie, a maggot feast.

the small boat they find is empty, until (i think) they open up a cooler and find a zombie head in it that is still undead. creepy, but how and why was the head in there?

i think the dog runs of the boat and the girl again runs after it and then zombies start coming out of the brush and bum rush the boat.

i personally think, why it is kinda up in the air, they were all killed/bitten.

and even after that the credits are interupted by shots of zombies and other "strange" footage.
Old 03-21-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's up in the air because you don't see any of them die on screen.

She may have ran after chips, but she was also heard jumping back on the boat. Either way they are screwed with little/no food and water. I would hope that they make a spin off or something.

as for the cooler.. hmm, it may have been a compartment. who knows.
Old 03-21-04, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
It's up in the air because you don't see any of them die on screen.

She may have ran after chips, but she was also heard jumping back on the boat. Either way they are screwed with little/no food and water. I would hope that they make a spin off or something.

as for the cooler.. hmm, it may have been a compartment. who knows.

well thats why i am thinking they all die or turn. they have no food, and even if zombies can't swim, they have no place to go.

i recall the boat being very tiny, like a raft almost. i think there was a cooler shown sitting on it, which is why i assumed the zombie was in it, but i guess it could of been a compartment of some sort.

it will be great to have the dvd, not only for the extra characters development and gore but i really want to freeze frame alot of the credits.
Old 03-21-04, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pretty sure it was a cooler with just the head in it(possibly some other parts in there, or maybe it was just blood). I'll probably see it again Monday, so maybe I can get a better glimpse then. I'm not certain WHY there is a zombie head in a cooler on a tiny boat floating in the ocean, but it doesn't matter because the ending rocked anyway. I figure they all died - the boat was right at the dock, they had time to jump on board, but no way they could have pushed off that big boat before the zombies boarded.
Old 03-21-04, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The end annoyed me. It made the rest of the film seem a little pointless.

One wonders if they have a sequel planned... in today's marketing climate, it is likely.
Old 03-21-04, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
The end annoyed me. It made the rest of the film seem a little pointless.

One wonders if they have a sequel planned... in today's marketing climate, it is likely.

i'm sure there will be a sequel. the movie has gotten pretty good reviews (excellent reviews for a horror film) amd the word of mouth is good. i know i'm telling everyone i now to go see it.
so as long as it makes some decent money, i'm sure the studio will want another. the real question is to the jump right to day of the dead, or even do another remake of Notld, or do they do another "take" on dawn of the dead? of course if they do the latter the mall would have to go, but there is still plenty of potenial in the "dawn" part of the day for it.

if they just do day of the dead, then is it gonna based on romeros full script or another take off.
Old 03-21-04, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Venom
i'm sure there will be a sequel. the movie has gotten pretty good reviews (excellent reviews for a horror film) amd the word of mouth is good. i know i'm telling everyone i now to go see it.
so as long as it makes some decent money, i'm sure the studio will want another. the real question is to the jump right to day of the dead, or even do another remake of Notld, or do they do another "take" on dawn of the dead? of course if they do the latter the mall would have to go, but there is still plenty of potenial in the "dawn" part of the day for it.

if they just do day of the dead, then is it gonna based on romeros full script or another take off.
I think the best thing to do next is make a remake of Day of the Dead based on Romero's first full script. So far NOTLD and DawnOTD have been remade so DayOTD is the next logical step. Or heck, someone should just come up with thier own apocalyptic view of zombie infested madness!
Old 03-21-04, 03:32 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Venom
I sincerely hope someone has the brains to just take the original Day script and shoot it line for line. It would be different enough from the actual movie to be considered a rethinking, and we'd finally get to see Romero's original intended version (even if Romero isn't directing it himself).
Old 03-21-04, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I, for one, welcome out new zombie overlords. Bring on the mass amount of zombie films that will be spawned because of the success of this film. With the bad must come some good.
Old 03-21-04, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Jack - go back and watch Resident Evil again... this time like it.
Old 03-21-04, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

No thanks. viewed it twice and still didn't like it. the first five minutes of Dawn had tons more zombies then Resident evil ever did.

I'll watch RE2 though. But that is because it will have Jill in it.
Old 03-21-04, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
*scratches head* how can you not like RE? Oh well... at least you gave it a fair shake. *shrug*
Old 03-21-04, 08:17 AM

I can't believe I missed the end. Damn extra-large Pepsi. How many minutes is the ending sequence?
Old 03-21-04, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I for one hope they do another scrpit completely and NOT do a DAY OF THE DEAD remake. I would just welcome new thoughts on the genre. I did not like the Military base concept of DAY. Also, why in every Zombie movie is there one guy who tries to be a Nazi and tell everyone what to do? In DAWN2004 I found it humourous because he was a mall security guard, and later came to his senses. But in DAY it was all ALL the military guys - rape jokes, etc.

It's just frustrating to watch a movie about the dead walking the earth, and there is always one cock-strung character who is hell-bent on controlling those who are still alive in his small group. Maybe a reflection on society, i don't know, blah blah blah.
Old 03-21-04, 08:36 AM

In another thread Supermallet said "Here's hoping that if they remake Day of the Dead, they will do it based on Romero's original script (the one he couldn't do because of a funding dropout). In fact, they should just shoot the original Romero script. No need for a rewrite." Anyone know what the original plot was?

PS- Wasn't it good to see Ving kicking ass again on the big screen again, instead of doing those lame Radio Shack commercials.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.