Reload this Page >

Buffy/Angel crossover episodes

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-19-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm almost through with Season 3 of Buffy, and have been very impressed. What an amazing show!

Anyway, I know there are some crossover episodes between Buffy and Angel during S4 of Buffy and S1 of Angel... can someone tell me which eps these are so I will watch them in the correct order?

I'm renting the discs from Netflix.

Brian
Old 03-19-04, 02:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...uffy+crossover
Old 03-20-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check out www.tvtome.com, they will tell you the episodes but you will also get spoilers so be careful.
Old 03-21-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
As far as Buffy seasons four through five and Angel seasons one and two go, you can alternate episodes and catch any crossovers where they need to go. Buffy 4.1-Angel 1.1-Buffy 4.2-Angel 1.2-Buffy 4.3-Angel 1.3 ... and so on.

The main points of crossover are as follows:

Angel 1.7 ("Bachelor Party") leads into Buffy 4.8 ("Pangs") which crosses back over into Angel 1.8 ("I Will Remember You")

Buffy 4.15 and 4.16 ("This Year's Girl" and "Who Are You") form a two parter, with a plot thread that picks up a little later in Angel in another two-parter in episodes 1.18 and 1.19 ("Five by Five" and "Sanctuary"), with a coda in Buffy 4.20 ("The Yoko Factor"). Sounds complicated, but it will make sense once you've seen it.

Buffy 5.07 ("Fool for Love") and Angel 2.07 ("Darla") are generally considered crossovers, but the actual storyline does not crossover at all. Instead, both episodes feature extensive flashback sequences that reference the same events from different characters' points of view.

Also, you can expect the middle episodes of both seasons to do some character swapping. It's nothing too major, but the things happening in one series will effect the other series. This is mostly from the run of episodes between Buffy 5.14 ("Crush") to Buffy 5.16 ("Forever") and Angel 2.09 ("The Trial") to Angel 2.17 ("Disharmony"). Again, this isn't a major crossover, but the storylines do sort of dovetail together at certain points.

The events of the Buffy season finale, 5.22 ("The Gift"), are sort of referenced in the Angel season finale 2.22 ("There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb").

As long as you alternate episodes of the two series, you'll be fine.

No major crossovers between Angel season three and Buffy season six, though something major that happens in Buffy that season is sort of referenced in an Angel episode. But it's nothing a viewer couldn't figure out on their own. (Buffy went onto UPN, while Angel remained at WB, so crossovers between these seasons were not done.)

Buffy season seven and Angel season four are a little trickier, as the numbers don't match up like the earlier seasons.

So here's what you need to know:

Buffy 7.17 ("Lies My Parents Told Me") leads into Angel 4.15 ("Orpheus"), which leads back into Buffy 7.18 ("Dirty Girls").

And Angel 4.22 ("Home") should be viewed before Buffy 7.21 ("End of Days") and 7.22 ("Chosen") -- the Buffy series finale.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-21-04 at 08:39 AM.