Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD shopping in Paris

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVD shopping in Paris

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD shopping in Paris

Can anyone recommend a good place for DVD shopping in Paris that has a good selection and is reasonably priced? I'll be there for a week and would like to do some impulse buying!

Thanks for your help!

KD
Old 03-13-04, 11:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
The Virgin Megastore on the Champs Elysses (I think I spelt that wrong). Go to the third floor. It's the whole floor and rather large. You'll find pretty much everything there. The prices vary from very cheap to "damn-thats-too-much" expensive
Old 03-14-04, 12:24 AM

FNAC - multiple locations in Paris. Typically better prices than Virgin.
Old 03-14-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On a similar note - any titles that are available in R2/France that are not in US or that have better special editions? (I checked the thread about titles not available in US, but it hasn't been updated in a long time).
Old 03-15-04, 04:40 AM

Right :
Virgin Megastore on Champs Elysées, Metro station Franklin Roosevelt

Fnac stores :
- you've got one on Champs Elysées too, same side as Virgin : you get out the metro station (Franklin Roosevelt), you should be standing in front of the Disney Store, on the same side, just walk towards the Arc de Triomphe. The Virgin Megastore should be on your left, not very far. Then, still walking in the same direction, you should cross the Fnac store. It's underground but there's a big FNAC sign above the stairs. Stores on the Champs Elysées avenue closed around 11.00 PM or midnight, can't remember... better believe that's 11 PM
- Another big Fnac stores are in the mall Les Halles, Metro station Châtelet les Halles. Go to floor -2. There's plenty DVD there.
- Fnac St Lazare : Metro station Gare St-Lazare
- Fnac Montparnasse : Metro station St Placide
Fnac is quite a kind of Departement store so you may cross several Fnac which don't have any DVD inside. That's may be Fnac informatique (only computers and reladed stuff inside) or Fnac musique (only CD or DVD live inside)...

For me, the biggest Fnac is the one in Les Halles (closing time : 7.30 PM)
But if you want to shop late, go to Fnac Champs Elysées. That's pretty cool too.

About US TVshows or any movies related with comics, i've got some addresses but since i didn't shop there since a long time, I don't know if there's still there :
Album stores, in the St Michel area :
Rue Dante (Metro Cluny-la-Sorbonne). There used to have some Album stores there. One of them sells DVD (others sells collectibles action figures, or comics, or games etc...). The street is not very long but it may sells some US imported stuff too hihi...
Just take a look if you have spare time...