Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Guess Who's Still Crying? (The Apprentice-related)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4514795/

Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth left the cast of NBC's reality show, "The Apprentice," when Donald Trump fired her on last week’s episode. It seems however, that Manigault-Stallworth’s 15 minutes of fame — and controversy —are not over.

Manigault-Stallworth is accusing one of her fellow contestants of racial bias, particularly the use of the ‘"n" word.

On ABC’s ‘The View’ Wednesday, host Star Jones asked Manigault-Stallworth about an angry scene that aired in an earlier episode of the show. During an argument with Manigault-Stallworth, fellow contestant Ereka Vetrini made the comment that Manigault-Stallworth was “the pot calling the kettle black."

Omarosa told Jones that the use of this metaphor was a racial slur — and said that she was also called something much worse that was not aired. “I was responding to a much, much worse term than that, that I won’t even say because it’s so repulsive,”
she said. She later added that it was the ‘n’ word and that it was her "worst experience on the show."

She didn’t name Vetrini on ‘The View,’ but did so later on syndicated show "Inside Edition."

Vetrini then appeared on MSNBC's "Lester Holt Live" and vehemently denied that the slur was ever used. “The ‘n’ word was never uttered on the show, it doesn’t exist in my vocabulary. None of the other contestants said that either,” Vetrini told Holt.

Vetrini said that all of the "Apprentice" contestants are on camera or audible most of the time: “If we did say it, that would make television. That’s good TV," she said. "And if anyone said it, why didn’t she bring it up right then, not six weeks later?”

Vetrini said that Mark Burnett, the executive producer of the hit show, has reviewed the tapes and has no idea what Manigault-Stallworth is talking about. NBC also says it’s unaware of any such incident.

“I’d never expect they’d cast such a lunatic,” said Vetrini.

Manigault-Stallworth has said that she was unfairly depicted on the show as lazy and mean, saying that this is what is usually done to powerful black women on TV.

She has also attributed her firing to a group effort to get her out of the competition. On MSNBC's "Hardball with Chris Matthews," she said, “The first reason I got fired was very simple: I was truly the strongest player. And, as a result, the other contestants put a big bullseye on my back and they wanted to get me out.”

In her final episode, Donald Trump said Manigault-Stallworth had “a chip on her shoulder,” and fired her for her inability to get along with her teammates. He also wasn't happy about her frequent claims of a concussion after plaster fell on her head at one of Trump’s construction sites. The resulting headaches continued for 3 more weeks — except when it was time to get rewards, claimed her then-teammate Heidi Bressler.

“We never looked at her and saw a color, we saw a person — that none of us agreed with,” says Vetrini. “Unless the whole entire cast is racist, she has a very poor argument.”

Manigault-Stallworth has been making talk-show circuit saying that she has been fielding offers to host her own talk show. “I really got a lot of interest when I first got on the show, and started getting calls from a lot of different places,” she said.

She says she’s modeling herself after Trump, who she still respects. “I‘m trying to mold myself after him by branding my own line of business suits and business accessories, coming out with my own book, and designing my own talk show,” she told Matthews.

----------

Really, is this a shock at all. She is completely arrogant...her shit just doesn't stink, and she flat-out refuses to be held accountable for her own actions/interactions on the show.

I'd sue her ass right now for slander and defammation (can you actually sue for both?).

Last edited by indianajdp; 03-13-04 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-13-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd like to hear what she sounds like when she's singing "She Bangs". It's the only way she could redeem herself in my eyes and ears...
Old 03-13-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... I'm really sure she's fielding offers for a talk show...
Old 03-13-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What a clown. "Pot calling the kettle black" a racial slur? What's truly sad from this is that there are a few black groups propping her up as some kind of role model.

In a society where there is still racial inequity, it's disgusting that whores like this try to capitalize on it at the expense of everyone. What an ugly human being. Anyone who supports her pursuits should be ashamed of himself.

I really hate to paint with such broad strokes here, but I have to speak on something I've witnessed over the years: this type of behavior among "successful" people who received their education at HBCUs is not as uncommon as it should be. I know quite a few people who came out of an HBCU just fine, but I also know way too many that graduate with an incredible chip on their shoulder and a terribly racist view of the world. I don't know if the HBCU turns them into this or if that's just the way they would have turned out regardless, but I cannot help but feel that the isolationist nature of the HBCU has some part in nurturing this style of racism and hatred that we see with people like Ponderosa. It's not that surprising that she has degrees from not one, but two of them.

das
Old 03-14-04, 12:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think she's onto something. Look at the way the cast rallied against Kwame in recent episodes. For example, in one week his team named him "Project Leader." As in The Projects. This blatant racism is just one step from burning crosses!
Old 03-14-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
"HBCU?"
Old 03-14-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Historically Black Colleges and Universities

Btw, Groucho, notice how last week Troy asked Kwame to leave the Board Room, clearly indicating that he didn't think a black man is good enough to be in the room with The Donald. Also notice how upon returning to the suite it was very clean ... I bet they made Kwame do it.

das
Old 03-14-04, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I didn't like Omarosa from day one. She was always difficult with people. Glad to be rid of her. As for her accusations ... Groucho said it best when:

Originally posted by Groucho
I think she's onto something. Look at the way the cast rallied against Kwame in recent episodes. For example, in one week his team named him "Project Leader." As in The Projects. This blatant racism is just one step from burning crosses!
Old 03-14-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I haven't watched in recent weeks but she always seemed to be crying racism from the beginning. People who throw that word around so easily are the most ignorant racist of all.
Old 03-14-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Guess Who's Still Crying? (The Apprentice-related)

<--- not crying
Old 03-14-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
When Kwame was driving the pedicab around, I wondered if no one wanted to ride with him because he was black.

I kept yelling at the screen, "Go find Danny Glover! He needs a ride!"
Old 03-14-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

at the end of the show i have no idea how she managed to flag down that taxi to take her off the show. I mean a minority flagging down a taxi in new york?!?!?
Old 03-14-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I haven't watched in recent weeks but she always seemed to be crying racism from the beginning. People who throw that word around so easily are the most ignorant racist of all.
Some people just can't see the truth about themselves and have to invent reasons why people treat them a certain way.

I have a cousin who is always complaining about the anti-semitism that is holding him back. What he fails to see is that he is a lazy, complaining, bore of a guy and even the other jews who know him (like me) hate the guy. Now, this isn't to say that racism and anti-semitism don't exist - just that they aren't always the cause of problems with black and jewish people.

And I would have had more sympathy for Omarosa's head injury if she hadn't begged out of that apartment renovation because of it and then started tossing around a basketball with a kid on the street.
Old 03-14-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was in bad taste when Sam dropped his pants and rubbed his genitals against her during that one challenge.
Old 03-15-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dang, I thought she had class.

Guess not.
Old 03-15-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Heat
Dang, I thought she was crass.
Yup, yup.
Old 03-15-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, the taxi point brings something up:

What is going on in with the taxi? Is it a fake taxi, or do they use the taxi itself just for the "walking up to the car and leaving" shot, then transfer to a different car for the interview? If that's the one, did they possibly film everybody going out to the taxi on one single night? Could that account for the hair issue that popped up a few weeks back (hair up, hair down, hair up)?
Old 03-15-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yep and kwame is still there.... what is she talking about.... She is insane...... maybe she can audition next for American Idol.

Would love to see Simon say " What the hell was that"
Old 03-15-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jimmy James
What is going on in with the taxi?
Because the "taxi shot" is apparently a sweeping crane shot, they must have filmed all of the "taxi shots" on a single day and are playing them back as necessary.
Old 03-15-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
Historically Black Colleges and Universities

Btw, Groucho, notice how last week Troy asked Kwame to leave the Board Room, clearly indicating that he didn't think a black man is good enough to be in the room with The Donald. Also notice how upon returning to the suite it was very clean ... I bet they made Kwame do it.

das
OMG RACIST!!

Old 03-15-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by indianajdp
Omarosa told Jones that the use of this metaphor was a racial slur
Jones: "Have you ever read Don Quixote?"
Omarosa: "Huh?"
Old 03-15-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

why does all the text have to be in black?!? all of you are racists!
Old 03-16-04, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by bigsoos
why does all the text have to be in black?!? all of you are racists!
Because it would be annoying to have to continually read text like this.
Old 03-16-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 03-16-04, 02:26 PM

I hated that bitch from day one, and i'm black!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.