Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

URGENT! need help: can an ebay seller remove a page after a sale?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-10-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering if a seller can remove the page after a sale is complete? I made a purchase and the pic used was not even pics of what I bought. I have contacted the seller about this but now I'm wondering if they will/can just remove the auction page. can they do this? if so, how could I save the entire page into my HD for later viewing?
Old 03-10-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
File - Save As...
Old 03-10-04, 04:01 PM

ok, here is the prob. the pic shows the color as being very different. could someone tell me if lighting could affect the appearance of this?

this is the auction I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWN%3AIT&rd=1

and this is more a representation of what I recieved:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

I am not talking about anything other than the coloring of the systems. what do you think?
Old 03-10-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does it smell like smoke? It looks like it has been in the possession of a smoker and yellowed over age.
Old 03-10-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lighting could cause the difference.

Developers could see the correct colors and lighten the photo to get the product to look better. Often photo labs will correct for lighting and appearance based on how they think it should look. so if it appeared too dark they could have lightened the image up before printing. then he could have scanned the photo.

Of course he could have taken a digital photo and lightened it up a bit himself.

Really the number one concern I would have is did the $32 item work as you expected it to work. If so why worry about the color. IMO.
Old 03-10-04, 10:07 PM

it doesn't really work either. I wouldn't really care about that if the item appeared like the pic shows. I have some of these parts now and I could have replaced them with the better looking stuff that I thought I was getting.
Old 03-11-04, 12:59 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Lots of things can have an affect on the colors represented in the photo. Things like the background color, lighting or type of computer software they used to process the picture can all make the colors appear untrue.

My suggestion to you is to simply right-click on the picture they posted and hit save. That way you'll have the original picture saved yourself.
Old 03-11-04, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisHicks
it doesn't really work either. I wouldn't really care about that if the item appeared like the pic shows. I have some of these parts now and I could have replaced them with the better looking stuff that I thought I was getting.
This is why it's important to contact the seller and ask any questions you may have before your bid. (I.E. is what is pictured exactly what I'm getting?; Is everything in working condition?)
Old 03-11-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I know this doesn't help now, but one problem I saw with the auction is nowhere does it say that it actually works (unless I missed something).

Gotta really check how they word these things. I learned my lesson just once... at least it didn't cost me much.

Hopefully the seller will take it back give a refund.
Old 03-11-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't see that anyone has specifically answered your question (unless I'm missing it), so...

The answer is no. A seller cannot remove the auction page. It is available for 30 days (usually longer) after the auction and it can't be removed.

However, the picture is an entirely different story. If he is hosting the picture himself, he can replace or delete the picture at any time.

But, I agree that the coloring differences could simply be a result of the photo processing/software. Not a radical difference.

Last edited by bboisvert; 03-11-04 at 09:56 AM.