Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you label your single MP3s?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently on my mp3 player, i have about 100 complete albums.. and so when I want to listen to a song, i go to the album... i have a bunch of songs that are not off of albums or are singles and am going to put them on.. any recommendations for a naming convention.. for example, if i have the single of Pearl Jam - Alive and only that song, I don't want Ten to show up as an album...

mods.. not asking for the software to do so, so i don't think this is a comp forum question, but feel free to moe

Last edited by j123vt_99; 03-10-04 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-10-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you right click on the file, there should be an option called Properties. Inside there is a way to delete the album title and enter whatever information you do want to appear. I don't know if this is how other players work, but this is how I use Winamp 5. Also, you should have the opportunity to eliminate the album title when ripping the disc onto yr computer.
Old 03-10-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

sorry.. i should have been more clear.. i know how to do it with software.. i was curious if you leave the album name or not when saying them
Old 03-10-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I change the album name to "Orphan". I do this to pretty much all mp3s that I don't have the full album to. I also use "Orphan" as the genre. It's a convenient way to keep them all together and be able to view them together on an iPod or such.
Old 03-10-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Xanager
I change the album name to "Orphan". I do this to pretty much all mp3s that I don't have the full album to. I also use "Orphan" as the genre. It's a convenient way to keep them all together and be able to view them together on an iPod or such.
That is a good idea overall, however, if it were me I'd replace the "Orphan" with "Single."
Old 03-10-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good suggestions
Old 03-10-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I just make a playlist with these songs. I have lots of R.E.M. tracks that aren't from albums, they all got jammed together into a playlist of their own.
Old 03-10-04, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Xanager
I use "Miscellaneous." This way, I can find them all by their respective individual artists, or all in one place under one album. This is, however, if I only have say one or two songs from a particular artist.

If it's a real single, I'll usually label the album as such. For your example, I would label the album Alive Single. Something like that.

Last edited by futbol; 03-10-04 at 04:47 PM.