Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield Season 3 Premiere (March 9)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shield Season 3 Premiere (March 9)

Off to a good start, can't wait until next week!

A quick question, whose arm did Jules break? His ex-lovers?

Also, when Vic was taking the money at the end, do you think he was taking $100,000 to buy the arms from the Mexicans, or was he moving it all?

One more thing, any idea what the song (and singer) is that was playing at the end as Vic was taking the money?

Also I noticed the ad for Chivas, first time I've seen an ad for hard liquor on TV (that I remember, at least).
Old 03-09-04, 10:06 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heat, Julain was breaking the arm off the cop who gave him the blanket party last season

about vic, wow that is a good question, at first I was thinking he was just taking the $100,000 grand but then after Acveda said the atm line, and the way he looked at Dutch he knows they are up to something.

but Cleetus could ruin it for them, what if he paid cash for the downpayment( I know he said he was going to charge it buy who knows), they could have been marked bills at the Lexus dealership, which would come right back to him and the team

But again a great beginning to the best show on television, the spoilers for next week and the rest of season 3 were pretty bad, they basically show that
Spoiler:
Claudette does not get the Captain position

Spoiler tags added. If you knew they were pretty bad, why did you just type them out for everyone to read?! - Static
Old 03-09-04, 10:09 PM

I haven't watched the episode yet (taped it while watching nypd blue), but I caught the very end and the song was 'Holy Roller Novocaine' by Kings of Leon.
Old 03-09-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
great season opener
Old 03-09-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Vic'll probably blame "Cletus" when the marked bills show up, but it'll probably be the result of some of the ones he's shoving into the bag at the end.

I'm glad that they finally brought that Armenian freak back into the story -- that was one loose end that was never addressed (season 1?) that really bugged me.
Old 03-09-04, 10:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
People, PLEASE put spoilers for upcoming episodes in tags!!! That includes previews!!!
Old 03-09-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was a great episode! Even though it had been months, I felt like no time had passed once we got into the episode. That was exactly how every season opener should go. Past characters were used perfectly, but it was done in a way that was probably friendly to the first time viewer curious about what the fuss is about.

Based on that preview, it should be quite a season. I can't wait for next Tuesday...
Old 03-09-04, 11:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Very good episode.

I'm glad they're going to work Danny back into the barn.

It was good to see Julian grow a pair and **** up one of the guys who gave him the blanket party.
Old 03-09-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Michael Chiklis (spelling?) is on Dennis Miller's CNBC show right now
Old 03-09-04, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
My Tivo cut off the last few minutes. I caught it live but it still ticked me off. Great show great episode.
Old 03-09-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Corky... some of us DONT WATCH THE PREVIEWS.
Old 03-09-04, 11:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddy
My Tivo cut off the last few minutes. I caught it live but it still ticked me off. Great show great episode.
Same here. What happened in those last few minutes? Apparently Vic went to the storage place and took some money?
Old 03-10-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Same here. What happened in those last few minutes? Apparently Vic went to the storage place and took some money?
Yes I missed, it as well, but I have set my tivo to record one of the replays with some extra padding on the end. Until then I wouldn't mind being filled in EXCEPT on previews. Thank you Static for covering that up before I could read it. No one seems to remember to blank out the discussion of next week's spoilers anymore.
Old 03-10-04, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SOME SPOILERS

OK, just watched it again. Vic was talking to Julian telling him
Spoiler:
basically that he has lost all respect on the force unless he does something about the beating. Julian tells him that the investigation hasn’t proven who did it, but Vic tells him that everybody knows who did it (at about :38 into the show).

Originally posted by Static Cling
I noticed that it carried over a little which is why Tivo'ers lost the last few minutes. But yes, Aceveda told him that he was changing how things are done and that Vic needed to go through requisitions (or something) for the money, and that it would take a couple of days, and that if he wanted the money sooner he just have to go to the ATM. Then Vic is in the storage locker opening the chest and putting some money in a bag (not all of it, the scene ended while he was still taking some money out).

Of course some marked bills will surface, my guess is that Vic took $100,000 out to
Spoiler:
buy the guns from the Mexicans and loses some of it. Or do they surface because "Cleetus" really did use some of the money for the downpayment on the used Lexus.

Originally posted by joltaddict
Corky... some of us DONT WATCH THE PREVIEWS.
Heh, those of you who taped it with Tivo won't be watching the previews since they were shown at the end of the show and you missed the last few minutes.

Last edited by Heat; 03-10-04 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-10-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tivo cut mine the episode off too. I saw the part where Julien broke the guy's arm but saw nothing afterwards. Damn Tivo.
Old 03-10-04, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Heat
Of course some marked bills will surface, my guess is that Vic took $100,000 out to
Spoiler:
buy the guns from the Mexicans and loses some of it.
Spoiler:
Don't you think in light of the drive by the deal with the Mexicans won't happen now, which would lead to the guess that he was moving the money
Old 03-10-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Corky Roxbury

Spoiler tags added. If you knew they were pretty bad, why did you just type them out for everyone to read?! - Static
And a nice new custom title too!
Old 03-10-04, 05:10 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

sorry guys, hey its not entirely my fault, you can also blame it on fx
Old 03-10-04, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, what a way to start the season off running. I agree with Jimmy James, there feels like no time has passed. I really can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Also I hate Asseveda! Grrr! He pisses me off, which I guess just means the actor and writers are really doing there job.
Old 03-10-04, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Spoiler:
Don't you think in light of the drive by the deal with the Mexicans won't happen now, which would lead to the guess that he was moving the money
But does Vic know that?
Old 03-10-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not yet.

BTW, if the season 3 premiere left off from the season 2 finale, then the only 2 people that looked like their looks changed between seasons were Ronnie (with the beard) and Corinne (longer hair). I didn't think Ronnie could grow a decent looking beard with the skin grafts on his face (unless he had a hairy butt to begin with)

Last edited by Patman; 03-10-04 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-10-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Yeah - F/X really screwed DVR people last night. I had forgotten about this problem when I watched Nip/Tuck last summer. I'll now pad the 11 pm showing 15 minutes.

Can anyone give a summary of the last few minutes. I did see the very end with Vic making a withdrawl. What else happened in the last 5 minutes? How did Vic handle the Mexicans? Anything else?

Also, how much time has passed since the end of S2 and beginning of S3? It didn't seem like much considering Aceveda said he was still 6 months away from taking office, but then again Julian was fully recovered from his beating. Definitely confusing.
Old 03-10-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Julien asked the ex-cop to tell the truth to what he and his co-horts did to him, but the ex-cop declines the offer, and tries to walk by Julien to get to his apartment, but Julian grabs him and puts the ex-cop against the wall face-planted with his right arm held behind him, and Julien says something like "An army beseige me, but my heart won't fear" and then Julien breaks the ex-cop's arm, and leaves. Then we see Cleetus help his girlfriend to buy the car after all. Then we see the black gang do a drive-by shooting at 4 Latinos in front of the arcade (settling the score from Lops being shot earlier, but Vic doesn't know this yet), but one of the Latinos gets away. Then Vic is back at the storage place getting some money. We don't know if Vic is moving the money or using it for his "show" money (since the situation has now been escalated with the drive-by shooting).

Cue credits.
Old 03-10-04, 09:00 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Solid premiere last night. My guess is that a month or two has passed since the end of S2. Enough time for Ronny to grow a beard and Julian to recover, but no way to tell for sure.
Old 03-10-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great opening... Looks like it'll be a good season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.