Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cheap place to get HKL?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Cheap place to get HKL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-04, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap place to get HKL?

Like you might guess, I'm wondering if there's a cheap place to get HKL titles besides the HKL/Medusa website. I live in Korea and apparently HKL has a lot of lost packages here, and they don't offer tracking. I have two packages that are supposed to come in this week or next week but I doubt I'll get them 'cause I didn't get the last one I ordered.

I don't want to buy from HKflix 'cause their markup is too much. Amazon.co.uk is okay but I'd like cheaper.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-04, 09:46 AM

Try out www.cd-wow.com They have a few HKL Discs, prices include shipping and they send from asia.
Old 03-09-04, 06:52 PM

I bought directly from HKL site and they did arrive - in almost two months (sigh). What do you expect from regular postal service? Unfortunately they don't offer trackable shipping method...
Old 03-11-04, 12:39 PM
Suspended

Take a look at www.dvdeast.com
Old 03-11-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tincando
Ok... I looked. I couldn't see HKL (or Medusa) in the list of distributors, and several HKL titles I tried did not show up. Then I noticed (unless I'm missing something) that there are less than 300 DVD titles on the site. It really look like a site set up by someone working out of their basement,
Old 03-11-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am fm Hong Kong and selling DVDs, IA3's audio is out of sync, and I did not notice by Megastar that there will be a replacement disc.

Between those two posts it is pretty obvious whose site this is....and add to that fact that there are NO MEDUSA or HKL titles there.
Old 03-12-04, 10:17 PM

The official British Hong Kong Legends site is here. If you live in the United Kingdom there is no shipping charge (mine came through two or three days after ordering) but customers from abroad have to pay extra charges.

They have an offer going at the moment: 3 DVDs for £22.00. This can be accessed here.
Old 03-14-04, 04:35 AM

I know that, I ordered from there over a month and a half ago and still haven't gotten the order. I don't live in England.
I want to know of other places to buy HKL titles.
Old 03-14-04, 09:20 AM
Banned

I hate ordering from the offcial site. I'm still waiting on an order I placed at the beginning of Feb. I'd much rather order from Bensons or Amazon UK, atleast that way I know I'll get my stuff.
Old 03-14-04, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by LeRoy
I hate ordering from the offcial site. I'm still waiting on an order I placed at the beginning of Feb. I'd much rather order from Bensons or Amazon UK, atleast that way I know I'll get my stuff.
I agree - my last order was placed in mid November, and I finally received it mid January - the explanation being that there were problems with Royal Mail. Funny, while I was emailing back and forth with HKL about this, orders placed with Blackstar, HMV and Amazon came through in a timely manner.
Old 03-14-04, 10:57 PM

Well, the problem with ordering from HMV or something is that sometimes the price is more than doubled than that of the HKL site. I could buy 3 for 22 pounds with HKL but with anybody else it would be about 60 pounds. If you can find Red Wolf for under 20 pounds, I'm there.

What's Bensons' address?

Last edited by pat00139; 03-14-04 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-15-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by pat00139
Well, the problem with ordering from HMV or something is that sometimes the price is more than doubled than that of the HKL site. I could buy 3 for 22 pounds with HKL but with anybody else it would be about 60 pounds. If you can find Red Wolf for under 20 pounds, I'm there.

What's Bensons' address?
www.bensonsworld.co.uk
Old 03-15-04, 10:49 PM

Thanks. They have decent prices, I'll buy my HKL there from now on. How's their shipping, by the way? Is it reliable?