DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Monk 3/5

wlmowery
03-05-04, 10:13 PM
Thought this was a really good episode. Looking forward to the follow up in Season 3. On to NY.... Mr. Monk and the Big Apple.

abintra
03-05-04, 10:20 PM
After the terrific Captain's wife episode I thought the last two episodes were quite weak.

ToddSm66
03-05-04, 10:29 PM
I enjoyed tonight's episode...I'm just not ready for the season to be done. I want more.

Wonder why Tim Curry played Dale the Whale tonight instead of Adam Arkin.

Charlie Goose
03-06-04, 12:44 AM
I liked that prison. Cons had the run of the joint with nary a C.O. to be found. The mystery this week was unusually simple this week, although it was more of a setup for cliffhanger of Monk and his wife's killer. Was it mentioned before that it was a car bomb? I don't remember that.

MrX
03-06-04, 02:20 AM
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before that it was a bomb that killed Trudy.

I agree about the last two not being up to the level of the previous episodes of this season. I did like Monk pulling out the notecard to do the handshake:lol:

Can't wait for June

Charlie Goose
03-06-04, 09:37 AM
"I am not dissing you, I'm giving you your props. Props are good."

Deftones
03-07-04, 08:53 PM
I was also wondering why Adam Arkin didn't play Dale the Whale. Oh well.

So is the whole show going to be based in NY this next season? Does that mean no Captain Stottlemeyre or Disher? If so, I think the show may have jumped the shark.

Groucho
03-07-04, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
So is the whole show going to be based in NY this next season? Does that mean no Captain Stottlemeyre or Disher? If so, I think the show may have jumped the shark. I think the only jumping here is to conclusions.

Deftones
03-08-04, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
I think the only jumping here is to conclusions.

No. I am simply asking questions. I don't like the idea of not having the Captain and Disher, as they both provide the straight guy for most of Monk's antics.

Groucho
03-08-04, 02:40 PM
I'm sure the New York episode is going to be a one-shot. Possibly a two-parter.

Deftones
03-08-04, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
I'm sure the New York episode is going to be a one-shot. Possibly a two-parter.

It seemed to me that they implied that Monk would be in NY for a while trying to find the guy, and that it might be a story arc of more than one or two episodes.