Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 3/4/04

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends 3/4/04

I was wondering what tonight's episode of Friends is going to be since all the episodes for the month of March is picked by the viewers. I checked Tv Guide and it doesn't say anything. My favorite episode is the One where everyone finds out.
Old 03-04-04, 08:11 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not sure of the exact title, but its the one where Monica proposes to CHandler.
Old 03-05-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Vryce
I am not sure of the exact title, but its the one where Monica proposes to CHandler.
Ah, good. I've only had the opportunity to see this 300 times in syndication since it was first aired four years ago.
Old 03-05-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Vryce
Funny. The actual title is "The One With The Proposal" so you were pretty damn close.
Old 03-05-04, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Skipped it as well. Just watched it on dvd a few weeks ago.
Old 03-05-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Skipped it as well. Just watched it on dvd a few weeks ago.
No kidding. Did we really need a month of Viewer's Choice episodes? This show is aired on syndication every half hour it seems, and most of the DVDs are already out.
Old 03-05-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was lame - part TWO of a two parter (which TECHNICALLY counts as an HOUR LONG episode 24). The One with The Ring is actually funnier IMO. And out of season 6, not nearly as funny as The One where Ross Got High:

Monica: Alright, you know what? That’s it. You’ve had your chance.

Ross: Wha-what?

Monica: (out loud, to her parents) Mom! Dad! Ross smoked pot in college!

Mr. and Mrs. Geller: What?!

Ross: (in a 5 year old’s tone) (To Monica) You are such a tattletale! Mom, Dad, you remember that-that time you walked in my room and smelled marijuana?

Mr. and Mrs. Geller: Yes. (They look at Chandler angrily.)

Ross: Well I told you it was Chandler who was smoking the pot but it was me. I’m sorry.

Mrs. Geller: It was you?

Monica: And Dad, y’know that mailman that you got fired? He didn’t steal your Playboys! Ross did!

[The Gellers stare at Ross. Ross looks at his parents with an afraid, shocked look.]

Ross: Yeah, well, Hurricane Gloria didn’t break the porch swing, Monica did!

[The Gellers glare at Monica.]

[Joey, Phoebe, and Rachel are sitting at the table, looking at the Geller siblings like they’re weirdos.]

Monica: Ross hasn’t worked at the museum for a year!

[The Gellers glare at Ross.]

Ross: Monica and Chandler are living together!

[The Gellers glare at Monica, shocked]

[Monica and Chandler both are shocked. Ross gives Monica a “take that!” look.]

Monica: Ross married Rachel in Vegas! And got divorced! Again!!!!

[The Gellers glare at Ross.]

Phoebe: (joining in) I love Jacques Cousteau!

Rachel: (reading the recipe magazine, finally figuring out that...) I wasn’t supposed to put beef in the trifle!

Joey: (pounding the table) I wanna gooooooo!

Mrs. Geller: (rubbing her temples) That’s alot of information to get in in thirty seconds! Alright Joey, if wanna leave, just leave. Rachel, no you weren’t supposed to put beef in the trifle. It did not taste good. Phoebe, I’m sorry, but I think Jacques Cousteau is dead. (Phoebe makes a sad face.) Monica, why you felt you had to hide the fact that you were in an important relationship is beyond me.

Mr. Geller: And we kinda figured about the porch swing.

Mrs. Geller: Ross, drugs? Divorced? Again?

Mr. Geller: What happened son?

Ross: I-I uh, I got tricked into all those things!
Classic...
Old 03-05-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Since they only did what...18 episodes or so, it doesn't surprise me they are doing a viewer's choice thing. And hell, I watched it. I don't own that DVD set yet and I never watch them in syndication, so it was fine with me.

And I think it was more of a "monumental" episode than a humorous one, because I agree that the posted dialogue above is one of Friends' funnier moments.
Old 03-05-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
This would be an opportune time to put Scrubs at 8, for six weeks. Screw the endless reruns. Give Scrubs a chance! And if it didn't work they can always resort to reruns.
Old 03-05-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
so there are four episodes left then? and they'll hold them until May now?
Old 03-05-04, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Mrs. Geller: (rubbing her temples) That’s alot of information to get in in thirty seconds! Alright Joey, if wanna leave, just leave. Rachel, no you weren’t supposed to put beef in the trifle. It did not taste good. Phoebe, I’m sorry, but I think Jacques Cousteau is dead. (Phoebe makes a sad face.) Monica, why you felt you had to hide the fact that you were in an important relationship is beyond me.
A classic line, second only to:
Monica: Fine! Judge all you want to but, (points to Ross) married a lesbian, (points to Rachel) left a man at the altar, (points to Phoebe) fell in love with a gay ice dancer, (points to Joey) threw a girl's wooden leg in a fire, (points to Chandler) livin' in a box!! (goes to her room)
Old 03-05-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what was the episode where the crew switches apartments (season 2 or 3)
Old 03-05-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
what was the episode where the crew switches apartments (season 2 or 3)
I believe that's Season 4. "The One with All the Embryos"
Best Friends episode of all time IMO.

But if you're referring to the one where they switch it back to the original config after The Game, that would be same season, "The One with All the Haste"
Old 03-05-04, 01:46 PM

Yep. Season 4. One of my favorites from that season, all-time i don't know about that.
Old 03-05-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Kal-El
I believe that's Season 4. "The One with All the Embryos"
Best Friends episode of all time IMO.

But if you're referring to the one where they switch it back to the original config after The Game, that would be same season, "The One with All the Haste"
i think the episode in question is after a game. (it was featured on the clip show this year), it was mainly based on "how well do you know your friends"
Old 03-05-04, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Rypro 525
i think the episode in question is after a game. (it was featured on the clip show this year), it was mainly based on "how well do you know your friends"
That's the one where they first switch -- The One with the Embryos. In a recent Entertainment Weekly (I think), two of the cast members ID'ed it as their favorite episode (Matt LeBlanc was one of them; I think the other one was Courtney Cox).

"Big Fat Goalie!"
Old 03-05-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"The One with the Embryos" is one of my favorites too (and JasonF - you are correct... it was Cox and LeBlanc who both picked that episode):
Ross: Every week, the TV Guide comes to Chandler and Joey’s apartment. What name appears on the address label?

Rachel: Chandler gets it! It’s Chandler Bing!

Monica: No!!

Ross: I’m afraid the TV Guide comes to Chinandolor Bong.

Monica: I knew that! Rachel! Use you’re head!

Chandler: Actually, it’s Miss Chinandolor Bong.
For overall perfection, I'd pick "The One Where No-one's Ready" (S3). If you watch closely the show is actually timed out like a 24 episode. They start with about 20 minutes to get ready. Very funny episode too:
Monica: (on machine) "Hi, it's Monica. I'm just checking in 'cause I got this message from you and I didn't know if it was old or new or what. So, I'm just checkin'. So let me know, or don't, whatever. I'm breezy."
Old 03-05-04, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by rfduncan

For overall perfection, I'd pick "The One Where No-one's Ready" (S3). If you watch closely the show is actually timed out like a 24 episode. They start with about 20 minutes to get ready. Very funny episode too:

I have to agree it's up there. Best line for me was Joey while wearing all of Chandler's clothes:

Joey: Look at me! I'm Chandler! Could I be wearing any more clothes?

Chandler: Oh. My. God. That is SO not the opposite of hiding someone else's underwear!
Old 03-05-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JasonF
That's the one where they first switch -- The One with the Embryos. In a recent Entertainment Weekly (I think), two of the cast members ID'ed it as their favorite episode (Matt LeBlanc was one of them; I think the other one was Courtney Cox).

"Big Fat Goalie!"
"Transpondster!"

"THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!"
Old 03-05-04, 05:45 PM
Suspended

You forgot the best part:
Joey: Look at me! I'm Chandler! Could I be wearing any more clothes? Maybe if I weren't going commando!

Chandler: Oh. My. God. That is SO not the opposite of hiding someone else's underwear!