TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing - 3/3

Old 03-04-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Wing - 3/3

I guess I'm the only one still watching, although I admit I was flipping around a lot. I pretty much missed the point of the Ellie thing, except to move Will's character back closer to the "right" side.

The shot of Big Bird and CJ was predictable but still funny.

The thing that strikes me about the post-Sorkin era - with Sorkin, it felt like each episode had something to say or was ABOUT something. They weren't always great or interesting (the MS for example), but it never felt like he was just filling an hour. This season, it seems like the writers get together and say how can we fill up this episode? No more themes = no more viewers
Old 03-04-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I havent watch the episode (yet), but I was pissed as hell when NBC decided to change the promo. The preview for this week's ep on last week's show, showed Will as the person being asked. But during The Apprentice last night they promo the upcoming WW and they have matted the scene where you can see Will's face/glasses (so his face is no longer in it).

If you are going to screw up NBC, just let the thing run, or Ive got a wild idea. DONT SCREW UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Old 03-04-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by retihsuhnt
I was pissed as hell when NBC decided to change the promo. The preview for this week's ep on last week's show, showed Will as the person being asked. But during The Apprentice last night they promo the upcoming WW and they have matted the scene where you can see Will's face/glasses (so his face is no longer in it).

If you are going to screw up NBC, just let the thing run, or Ive got a wild idea. DONT SCREW UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I'm not sure I understand your logic or why you are "pissed as hell". They messed up, noticed, and fixed it. What's the problem?

Are you actually advocating that they shouldn't fix the promo once they noticed that they gave something away? That they should continue to "let the thing run"?

Me confused.

My comments on the episode itself? Pretty much exactly what Meatpants said.
Old 03-04-04, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
The only part I found interesting was the fight over judicial nominations.
Old 03-04-04, 01:01 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
I thought the part with Big Bird was interesting, but that could just be because I recently read Mark Katz's memoirs.

(Katz was Clinton's joke writer, and his memoirs talk about a speech Clinton was going to give -- shortly after the Republicans made funding for PBS a big issue -- in which Clinton was going to announce the hiring of two new advisors: Big Bird and Barney. He was then going to call them out on stage, at which point, Big Bird, Barney the Dinosaur, Robert Byrd, and Barney Frank would come out and there would be a (scripted) awkward moment as they sorted it out. Funny stuff!)

(Is it wrong when my parenthetical aside is 4 times as long as my main comment?)
Old 03-04-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
That reminds me, they're not going to take us down the Supreme Court justice plotline again are they? They should put an evil moustache on Edward James Olmos and call him Garthe Knight.
Old 03-04-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The episode wasn't super but there were some funny moments which is one of the things I miss about this show. Plus, I'm a sucker for muppets and the episode gave me a quote I can use in a paper I have to write next week.