Smallville - 03/03/04

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Smallville - 03/03/04

"Crisis", Episode #316.

Spoiler:
Clark gets a prophetic phone call and learns of Adam's (Ian Somerhalder) plan to shoot Lana.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Sam Jones III, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Ian Somerhalder.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Old 03-03-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
What's this? Clark and Pete are buddies again. I guess 2F2F never happened.
Old 03-03-04, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-03-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well THAT was an interesting ending. So did his empire crumble or was he trying to see if he could resurrect himself?

Hopefully this is leading to the corruption of Lex sooner or later...

Spoiler:
Judging from what SpoilerFix says about upcoming episodes, we haven't seen the end of Lionel yet...

Last edited by DGibFen; 03-03-04 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 07:54 PM
Banned

So did his empire crumble or was he trying to see if he could resurrect himself?
Spoiler:
I think he just did it because he knew he was going to die. He had a terminal illness

From the movies and comics how long was lex in jail for?
Old 03-03-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Not a bad episode. I'm not quite feeling the Adam thing though. Somebody else finds out what Clark can do and is killed off. And what the hell was with the explination about Clark getting to Lana in a "second". "It was more then a second"
Old 03-03-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Lana totally suspects Clark has super-powers. Given all the krypto-freak-o-the-week have shown super-powers on a weekly basis, it's time that Lana embrace that aspect of Clark and by her deciding to call Clark when Adam was chasing her, it almost seals the deal.

Last edited by Patman; 03-03-04 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They never showed Lionel pull the trigger so he could still be alive.
Old 03-03-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Liked the subplot with Lionel & Lex and the lab more than Clark beating the clock to save Lana (like there was any doubt?) part of the storyline. So it seems Lionel realized that Clark's unique blood would have potential all along, and he was using people for guinea pigs so that he may be able to use it too at some point.

I think Clark's response to Lana about taking more than a second was just tongue-in-cheek, partly to cover his tracks, and partly to explain the odd time-travel phone call (as if his speed was the result of the same phenomenon).

Also, the producers need to stop using what seems to be a gratuitous special f/x every time Clark uses his superhearing. Yeah, I know they did that with "The Bionic Woman" by using a close-up of Jamie Somers' ear whenever they wanted to emphasis her acute sense of hearing, but it's still overdone. I mean, why not show Clark thinking of Lana every time he wants to use his heat vision while they're at it?
Old 03-03-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did like the bullet-time super-speed effect with the bullet through the rain drops.
Old 03-03-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I think Lana totally suspects Clark has super-powers. Given all the krypto-freak-o-the-week have shown super-powers on a weekly basis, it's time that Lana embrace that aspect of Clark and by her deciding to call Clark when Adam was chasing her, it almost seals the deal.
I would like to think so, too.

And I agree w/ you on the bullet-time in the rain - in didn't look too shabby.

The on-going drama in the Luthor family is still the best part of the show.
Old 03-03-04, 09:20 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Best episode of the season, which has been mediocre as a whole.

Can't wait for the return of Reeve on April 14th.
Old 03-03-04, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that how long we have to wait for a new episode?

I thought this episode was pretty good, but also am wondering when we will stop seeing the inside of Clark's ear every time he uses his superhearing, as if we are too dumb to figure out he's hearing a conversation in another room if they don't use that visual.

I don't think Lionel pulled the trigger and will remain alive and tortured.
Old 03-03-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wow. This was bad.

Almost predictable in every single way [and i'm one of those people who just goes with the flow without trying to figure out every plot point before it happens...], ridiculous [yay! more kryptonite!] and i'm wondering if they know how to be consistent with their characters [Lionel...with a gun? In his mouth?*]. The bullet-time rain scene was cool, but it almost seems like they're throwing us a bone for the ridiculousness that we've had to sit through for the previous 40+ minutes. "Oooo...lookee Maw, they done showed us them new-fangled speceeial eeefects!"

I felt dumber after watching it. However, it's like liquid crack...I just can't put down the pipe. It could happen eventually [it did with Enterprise and that show had 45% more boobies].

[Actually, i'm hoping for a nude scene from Lana where it's NOT a body double...]

[* Yes, I know the resolution hasn't happened yet, but still...]
Old 03-03-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What a great episode. They've definitly proven that Clark has gotten faster. Lana probably has her suspicions, but this is in the world where Lois couldn't tell Clark was Superman because of a pair of glasses.

I love the way they've spun the Lionel/Lex relationship. Its always been the most interesting part of the show. This Liver thing that Lionel revealed tonight makes the whole Adam storyline worth watching.

Yeah, its really time to get rid of the "Clark's Super Sensitive Eardrum" Effect. We get it. He has super hearing. Just show an intent look on his face, and play the conversation he's listening to with a bit of an echo. The graphic of his eardrum has been used 4 times, and is really tired.

With only 3 episodes left this year, its a safe bet we're done with the "filler episodes" of the past couple weeks. (I liked them, but i know others didn't) I can't wait to see what they have in store for a season finale cliffhanger! Last Year's was great, and if tonight's ep is any indicator it's going to be a long summer. (Luckily the season2 boxset will keep me company.)

Oh yeah.... Adam's Dead!
Old 03-04-04, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Absolutely loved this episode and how Adam's story arc worked out. I felt the writers did an amazing job putting all the pieces together over the last 5 episodes or so with everything leading back to Lionel Luther. I wish they explained the time phenomenon though.
Old 03-04-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
Absolutely loved this episode and how Adam's story arc worked out. I felt the writers did an amazing job putting all the pieces together over the last 5 episodes or so with everything leading back to Lionel Luther. I wish they explained the time phenomenon though.
i think they did with the electrical box explosion..didn't they?
Old 03-04-04, 01:00 AM

When something happens that puzzles you: Kryptonite did it.

(In this case it was a little obvious. The green flashes when the power/phone pole hit the ground.)
Old 03-04-04, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
When something happens that puzzles you: Kryptonite did it.
The sooner this excuse is removed from the show, the happier I'll be.

I know it'll never happen, of course.....
Old 03-04-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lana: "Clark, I feel like you're keeping something from me. Is there anything you want to say?"

Clark: (wacky non-excuse)

Repeat every episode.
Old 03-04-04, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
With only 3 episodes left this year, its a safe bet we're done with the "filler episodes" of the past couple weeks.
Actually we've still got at least five episodes left, depending on how long the season's going to be. (Season Two was longer than Season One). Last night's episode was only #16.

But anyways, I loved the episode. It was the first episode that I really really enjoyed since "Delete". The Luthor subplot was great. Loved seeing Lex get emotional over all the dead bodies at the lab. And the whole mysterious feeling throughout the episode was great too. For a split-second I believed that Lana might actually die (even though she doesn't in the comic-books).

Too bad we have to wait so long for "Legacy".
Old 03-04-04, 11:40 AM

My mistake. Kryptonsite only has 20 episodes listed for this season. I guess they haven't bothered to put the final 2 (or 3) up yet.
Old 03-04-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How many times does Lana have to almost die before she's in therapy? I would imagine near-death experiences, stalkers, etc., PLUS running a restaurant, PLUS being a landlord, PLUS (presumably) being in HS should have her near a nervous breakdown right?

I admit I was flipping in and out, but can someone summarize the time travel thing? A telephone pole fell in some wet kryptonite and caused the phone call to travel time? What?

Disappointed in the Adam arc. Both he and Lex's ex were "good", then both turned evil on a dime.

And why would anyone get the impression Lionel blew his head off? Even if there had been a gunshot after they faded to black, I've been watching TV long enough to know better.
Old 03-04-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the show, one of the darker (a little to dark) shows they have ever had.

Lionel must die at the end of this season, which allows Lex to take over everything and start down the dark path.
Old 03-04-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In the final shot, they should have had the barrel of the gun point just underneath the camera (not directly at the camera) for it to be an accurate point of view shot for someone wanting to blow out their brains. Morbid, I know.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.