Matrix Question?

Community
Search

Matrix Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matrix Question?

There are only 2 movies correct, the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. When I put The Matrix Movie in a search engine I get more than those 2. Can someone shed some light?
Old 03-03-04, 12:16 AM

The Matrix is a trilogy. Matrix Revolutions, the third film, is due on DVD April 6th.
Old 03-03-04, 12:23 AM
Banned

Wait for the inevitable box set.
Old 03-03-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Then there is The Animatrix and The Matrix Revisited.

They aren't "films" but they are DVDs. Just FYI.
Old 03-03-04, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Then there is The Animatrix and The Matrix Revisited.

They aren't "films" but they are DVDs. Just FYI.
Well, The Animatrix is a collection of animated short stories that lead into The Matrix Reloaded and thus should be watched between the first 2 films.

The Revisited disc is simply a documentary disc about The Matrix that came out a few years ago.

Also, don't forget about Enter the Matrix for PS2, XBox, GameCube and PC. It runs parallel to Matrix Reloaded and fills in some of the plot gaps.
Old 03-03-04, 03:51 AM

Hopefully, there will be a boxset by the end of this year with some upgraded editions of the three Matrix films. I won't hold my breath, but that's what I've been waiting for. I already own the Animatrix, and I'd like to see the Matrix Revisited to be packaged with a Matrix: SE if at all possible.

A man can dream, can't he?
Old 03-03-04, 08:04 AM

I wanted to buy them, but since I didn't had one, I decided to wait for the revamped box-set!!

lobby scene in DTS would be sweet!!!
Old 03-03-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by NitroJMS
Well, The Animatrix is a collection of animated short stories that lead into The Matrix Reloaded and thus should be watched between the first 2 films.

That's not completely accurate. Only Final Flight of the Osiris is part of the story arc. The others are standalone stories about the matrix itself.

You could go even further and say that the precursor stories should be seen even before watching the Matrix itself.
Old 03-03-04, 08:19 AM
Banned

Wasn't the boy who shows up in Reloaded the boy who is saved in one of the shorts?
Old 03-03-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by cardaway
Wasn't the boy who shows up in Reloaded the boy who is saved in one of the shorts?
Even though I'm not totally sure which short you are referring to, it's clear that NEO saved the boy, and NEO isn't in any of the shorts.
Old 03-03-04, 08:57 AM

i thought that the short about the kid in the school that starts getting chased around by the agents had NEO in it.
Old 03-03-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even though I'm not totally sure which short you are referring to, it's clear that NEO saved the boy, and NEO isn't in any of the shorts
Yes he is. He is in the one about the "kid" who appeared in reloaded and revolutions.
Old 03-03-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neo was in that one.
Old 03-03-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Neo was in that one.
Oh, you mean NEO's VOICE. I remember which one now.
Old 03-03-04, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by DVD Josh
Even though I'm not totally sure which short you are referring to, it's clear that NEO saved the boy, and NEO isn't in any of the shorts.
That's not true. The boy keeps saying throughout Reloaded that Neo saved him, but Neo tells him that he saved himself. If you watch the Animatrix short that is made quite clear.
Old 03-03-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Matrix Question?

Originally posted by cogbiz22
There are only 2 movies correct, the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. When I put The Matrix Movie in a search engine I get more than those 2. Can someone shed some light?
Wow. I'm flabbergasted. Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought everybody knew of the Matrix trilogy... I mean everybody.
Old 03-03-04, 10:26 AM

Everything that is MATRIX

Here is the deal with everything:

First there was the original film, THE MATRIX

Then came THE ANIMATRIX which featured the short, FINAL FLIGHT OF THE OSIRIS that ran in theaters before that forgotten film DREAMCATCHER last Spring.

Events in OSIRIS tied into the Second Film, THE MATRIX RELOADED.

Then came the release of the ENTER THE MATRIX video game that featured Jada Pinkett-Smith's character in a storyline that ran simultaneously with RELOADED's. It filled in a few of the gaps and including exclusive footage featuring all of the main characters: Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Smith, etc.

A few weeks later the ANIMATRIX came to home video and featured 9 animated shorts (some previously seen on the website) tied into the mythos of The Matrix. OSIRIS was written by the Wachowski Brothers as well as THE SECOND RENAISSANCE Parts I and II and KID'S STORY.

RENAISSANCE told the origin of the struggle between man and the machines and KID'S STORY told how Kid (that's actually his name in the real world) rescued himself from the Matrix. With Neo's encouragement he was able to escape and sustain his mind after being killed in a fall and eventually jacked out and unplugged by Neo in the real world. Not only DOES NEO APPEAR IN KID'S STORY BUT TRINITY ALSO. As Kid is waking up in the real world on a operating table (much like Neo in the original film) we see the blurry images of NEO and TRINITY standing over him.

KID: Neo, I knew you'd save me.
Neo: I didn't save you Kid, you saved yourself.

Then in November came the final film THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS which upset many fans with its flat conclusion and now it appears that the upcoming Matrix online game may fall apart as well.

There were rumors (some supported by producer Joel Silver) that a box set of all 3 films might appear in the Fall featuring new extras and maybe even incorporating the footage from the ENTER THE MATRIX game into RELOADED just like the white rabbit feature on the original film's dvd. Now that the sequels have been met with harsh reception it's also been rumored that the Wachowski Brother's have gone into seclusion and that this box set isn't on their agenda any time soon.

We all know Warner's track record with getting stuff like this done and if the demand aint there and the Brothers want to look towards other projects I'd be very surprised if we saw this box set within the next 12 months. The entire series fell rather flat but perhaps when the disapointment has died down fans will push for these films again. Despite their problems they are still a good bunch of well made and landmark films that had a major impact on filmmaking today.

FREE YOUR MIND!!!
Old 03-03-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Check out TheMatrix101.com

They have a timeline there that fits the episodes of the Animatrix into the trilogy.

http://www.thematrix101.com/reloaded/faq.php
Old 03-03-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm clearly wrong . I guess I'll just use it as a good excuse to re-watch these.
Old 03-03-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by mysterX
Wait for the inevitable box set.
Definately.
Old 03-03-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Joel Silver said there is plans to release a comprehensive box set of all things Matrix, maybe by year's end.
Old 03-03-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: Matrix Question?

Originally posted by cogbiz22
There are only 2 movies correct, the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded.
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is being sarcastic?
Old 03-03-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple as this:

The Matrix
The Matrix Revisited (Documentary)
The Animatrix (Animated Shorts)
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
Old 03-03-04, 05:56 PM

Re: Everything that is MATRIX

Originally posted by sharkypuffs
Then in November came the final film THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS which upset many fans with its flat conclusion
and impressed many others with its excellent conclusion.

I think your account is biased :P
Old 03-03-04, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Everything that is MATRIX

Originally posted by sharkypuffs
Here is the deal with everything:

There were rumors (some supported by producer Joel Silver) that a box set of all 3 films might appear in the Fall featuring new extras and maybe even incorporating the footage from the ENTER THE MATRIX game into RELOADED just like the white rabbit feature on the original film's dvd. Now that the sequels have been met with harsh reception it's also been rumored that the Wachowski Brother's have gone into seclusion and that this box set isn't on their agenda any time soon.

The last part of your statement here is nonsense. The movie made $285 worldwide. Hardly "harsh reception". $135 gross domestically. Gigli ($6M) is harsh reception.

No one has gone into seclusion. You made that last part up. I can find you a link supporting my comment there is a boxset planned. You will have to do the same for yours before I can accept it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.