Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Pocahontas, Mary Poppins, Lilo & Stitch...

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 02:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should I sell my original releases on these considering they will all have 2-disc Masterpiece editions coming out this year? Will the extras on the current discs be on the new versions or will it be missing something (like ALICE IN WONDERLAND) worth keeping them for?

Also, I have the single disc ATLANTIS release. Should I upgrade to the 2-disc version and if so, why?

Thank you for your opinions!
Old 03-02-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, they all aren't coming out this year now. Do a quick search and you'll get better release dates.
Old 03-02-04, 04:29 PM

The more recent the animated films don't really have a need to be a two disc DVD set. I don't know how much a two disc special edition will mean except in the case of Mary Poppins.

There really isn't the same historical significance to Lilo & Stitch and Atlantis as Snow White or Sleeping Beauty so it isn't like Disney can break out old Disneyland TV shows for them. Lilo & Stitch & Atlantis doesn't have the exploring the wild or broadway show like Lion King or Beauty & The Beast did. Lilo & Stich and Atlantis don't really have any rides they could focus on like Pirates of the Carribean does.

I really have a feeling that despite the incomplete job they did on Alice and Wonderland Masterpiece Edition that the more recent titles aren't even going to be able to come close.

I'm still unsure if the Aladdin has enough to make into a really good two dsic DVD set.

Paul
Old 03-02-04, 11:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
www.ultimatedisney.com
Old 03-03-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I disagree, the slim extras on the current Lilo and Stitch disc left me wanting more, about Hawaii, and particularly the art and use of watercolors.
Old 03-03-04, 12:41 AM

Re: Pocahontas, Mary Poppins, Lilo & Stitch...

Originally posted by Kimiakane
Also, I have the single disc ATLANTIS release. Should I upgrade to the 2-disc version and if so, why?
Yes. The 2-disc version is excellent and given that the film wasn't a huge success at the box office, I doubt a better version will ever be released.