Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

whats the worst live concert you have been too?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 03:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

give details as to why the band was bad!
Old 02-27-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hatebreed opening for slayer.
I know there are a bunch of people on the board that like these guys, but I just don't get them. Every single song sounded exactly the same. True, they had good energy, and had a great crowd response, but they just bored me to tears.

Also, the fact that I expected Arch Enemy to play and they didn't the night I saw this show didn't help. They were the main reason I bought tickets.
Old 02-27-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Robert Palmer. Dull, dull dull.
Old 02-27-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Being dragged to Family Values. Primus was the only reason I agreed to go, it's disgusting that they opened for a band like Limp Bizkit.
Old 02-27-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Major Act: Grateful Dead. Awful, Awful Awful! I don't see what people see in this band.

Opening Act: Oh my so many to choose from:

4 Non Blondes Opening up for Aerosmith. Gad what a bunch of butt ugly women singing crappy songs.

Vinnie Moore Opening up for Rush: "This is a blues song" Then he proceedes to whail away on his guitar-- What a loser.
Old 02-27-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Korn at Lollapalooza in (I think) 1996...no energy, muddy sound that was way too low (particularly for the type of music). Just an all around bad show.

John Mayer. I went because he was co-headlining with Guster. He came out doing a strip tease to "Pusherman." Girls screamed. He began playing guitar and mumbling unintelligibly into the mic. Girls screamed some more. I went home somewhere around the third song of his set.

Kiss w/ Ted Nugent. Believe it or not, I like Kiss live. I've seen 'em three times. This was time number 3, and it was lackluster, poorly paced and sloppily played. Ted Nugent just eats ass (well, except for "Stranglehold"...that song rocks).
Old 02-27-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Richard Marx at a club in Redondo Beach, CA. Got me laid though.
Old 02-27-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Cornershop...
They were halfway into their song, brimful of asha (i think that's the title), the singer got pissed at his mic being a bit too low (he sounded fine to us in the audience). He threw down his mic, and stormed off. End of their performance. We all yelled "Good, you stank anyhow!"...then came the great performance by GusGus.
Old 02-27-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gdrlv
Korn at Lollapalooza in (I think) 1996...no energy, muddy sound that was way too low (particularly for the type of music). Just an all around bad show.

John Mayer. I went because he was co-headlining with Guster. He came out doing a strip tease to "Pusherman." Girls screamed. He began playing guitar and mumbling unintelligibly into the mic. Girls screamed some more. I went home somewhere around the third song of his set.

Kiss w/ Ted Nugent. Believe it or not, I like Kiss live. I've seen 'em three times. This was time number 3, and it was lackluster, poorly paced and sloppily played. Ted Nugent just eats ass (well, except for "Stranglehold"...that song rocks).
Hmm, Korn are usually a pretty good live show, I think 96 was a pretty wild time for them though.

Oh yeah, Stranglehold ****ing kicks ass.
Old 02-27-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
weezer. they looked like they were bored out of their minds.
Old 02-27-04, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Saw Smashing Pumpkins twice...both times just absolutely TERRIBLE!

Other than that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are always good for dissapointment.
Old 02-27-04, 08:34 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by palebluedot
Saw Smashing Pumpkins twice...both times just absolutely TERRIBLE!

Other than that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are always good for dissapointment.

WOAH?! really?! those are 2 bands i had been dying to see!
Old 02-27-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw the Cars in the mid-80's and they were just unbelievably boring and dull. Great songs that they brought no energy to. I don't believe Ocasek addressed the crowd all night. It was at Pine Knob and it's the only concert I've ever been to, where myself and a lot of other concert goers just walked around the grounds talking because it was just that dull.
Old 02-27-04, 09:52 PM

Deadsy. They were opening for another band (Mindless Self Indulgence) and they put their smoke machine in front of themselves. So their was smoke from the stage to about half way through the club. Then, add in their awful music, and their preteen, female fans with their parents screaming about how people are pushing them while they're in the middle of the dance floor. Just a terrible atmosphere.
Old 02-27-04, 09:53 PM

Whitesnake / Kix (Opening). Only show I ever regret paying money for.
Old 02-27-04, 10:37 PM

Jerry Kantrell opening for Metallica back in 90 something. Jeez, that guy couldn't do anything but piss people off. He kept yelling "**** you" at the audience, and it just didn't work for him.

It may be because he couldn't sing live at all. He sounded like he was singing in a different key than he was playing in.

It was bad, bad, bad.
Old 02-28-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw Brian Wilson and Paul Simon. Wilson was lots of fun as the opener but Simon was very boring for me.

I love S&G but Simon solo just drug on for what seemed forever and instead of wanting to clap for encores I was relieved that we could go home.

He also had these incredibly ugly, old man, polyester pants on that were so bad it was distracting. He looked like he was 3 feet tall with these giant horrible pants. He kept winking at the girls and it just seemed creepy.
Old 02-28-04, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Penny Lane
Jerry Kantrell opening for Metallica back in 90 something. Jeez, that guy couldn't do anything but piss people off. He kept yelling "**** you" at the audience, and it just didn't work for him.

It may be because he couldn't sing live at all. He sounded like he was singing in a different key than he was playing in.

It was bad, bad, bad.
Cantrell, he's an amazing musician though. I haven't seen him live, but have always heard positive things.

Surprised at the Pumpkins reference too, I think a lot of these might have been bad nights and stuff.
Old 02-28-04, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Smashing Pumpkins...opening for KISS at Dodger Stadium. They came out dressed like the Beatles and that was cool. After that the show was boring and that bald singer was an ass.

Guns n Roses...LESS BALLADS MORE ROCK !!!!!

Ratt....LA Sports Arena. Slow and just lackluster. What let down.

Tommy Shaw....Opening for RUSH. BOOORRRRRIIIINNNGGGG. (Shaw not RUSH)

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-03-08 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-28-04, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by cungar
Richard Marx at a club in Redondo Beach, CA. Got me laid though.
By Richard Marx?
Old 02-28-04, 08:14 AM

Chicago and the Beach Boys at the Starplex(now Smirnoff) in Dallas. I was out on the lawn and the sound was not so good. Plus all the people in the band looked like little ants. I vowed after that to always get good seats.
Old 02-28-04, 11:42 AM

I've seen lots of bands in L.A. that came onstage and yelled, "F--k Los Angeles!" It's kind of hard to enjoy a show when the band shows such blatant disrespect for its paying fans.
Old 02-28-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anthrax/Lita Ford/Ozzy - Long Beach Arena New Years Eve.

Lita tried to get Ozzy to come out and sing the the Duet with he and he wouldn't. Very lame. When Ozzy came out for his set he was lousy. We got a Happy New Year 5 minutes after Midight.
Old 02-28-04, 01:30 PM

I've seen a lot of great shows, and a lot of bad ones as well. I'm not sure which show would hold the top spot for the worst, but a few do come to mind. If I had to just pick one, it would be the Poison/David Lee Roth show I went to in Richmond, Va back '88(I think it was '88). I don't know how I conned myself into that one. I guess it was because DLR wasn't to bad the last time I had seen him, on the "Eat Em and Smile Tour".

Poison were the opening band, and they weren't that bad, but they weren't that great either. I think they were hanging with ol' Dave hittin' the bottle a little to much before the show. The guitar player C.C. whats-his-face fell/tripped face first during one of the songs, and the band was a little sloppy. I had seen much better in an opening act before, and wasn't very impressed. It could also be that I hate Poison, that contributed to me not enjoying them as much.

David Lee Roth was touring in support of his "Skyscraper" album, and even though I thought the "Skyscraper" album sucked big time, I still decided to go. His "Eat Em' and Smile" tour was pretty damn good. Thing is, this time around he didn't have the great bass guitar playing skills of Billy Sheehan(sp?) with him. He did still have guitar great Steve Via, but without Billy, it just wasn't the same. The guys Dave had playing bass, and drums sucked!(I think they were brothers if I recall) Dave was completely waisted out of his mind, and slurred or completely left out words in most of the songs. It was terrible! The only thing saving the show, or should I say trying to save the show, was Steve Via's great guitar work. The show should have been billed as "An Evening With Steve Via and His Drunkin Friends", and not as "David Lee Roth with sp. guests Poison".

Last edited by raiders757; 02-28-04 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-28-04, 02:03 PM

Weezer (first album): No energy, they just stood there like they were bored to tears. Well guess what fellas, you bored the audience to tears.

God Lives Underwater (second album): The singer looked like he was drunk, there wasn't a very good turn out, so they were not into it, no energy.

Mindless Self Indulgence (opening for SOAD & Clutch): Despite the fact they were worse than a high school cover band, and couldn't even play their instruments, they were just plain awful. I could have assembled a band better than them in 3 days, and I don't even play. Looked like their mommies bought their wardrobe at Hot Topic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.