Reload this Page >

New Reality Show?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Reality Show?

Old 02-26-04, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
New Reality Show?

I sincerely apologize if this has already been brought up. Since I don't remember the name of the show, I really have no way of searching for it.

Leno talked about a new reality show where basically a bunch black guys/gals make a white guy "black". Does anyone have any more info on this show? or was Leno full of crap (he kept going on and on about how he wasn't making it up).
Old 02-26-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Showtime Net plays it 'Cool' for reality pilot

Enjoy "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? "Black Eye for the Straight-laced Guy" might be next. Showtime Networks has ordered a presentation pilot for "Make Me Cool," a primetime reality series in which a squad of hip African Americans helps terminally uncool individuals -- not just Caucasians -- overcome their obstacles. Meanwhile, Sci Fi Channel has officially greenlighted "Battlestar Galactica" as a primetime series (HR 2/3). "Cool," which is a working title, was brought to Showtime by Jay Blumenfield and Anthony Marsh, two of the co-executive producers on the Showtime series "Family Business." They will cast three or four people for the principal roles, but no specific plans have been set.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...ent_id=2088068
Old 02-26-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank you.

Wow is that show going to be bad.
Old 02-26-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bad" as in good or "bad" as in bad?

See, this is precisely what I need: a bunch of African-American people to get me hip on the lingo.
Old 02-27-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This couldn't be done in reverse; a bunch of suit-wearing, stuffy banker types teaching a black guy from da hood to act proper, speak correctly, drink rob roys rather than malt liquor, etc. The black guy would be accused of "selling out to The Man".