TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel-2/25/04-"Hole in the World"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel-2/25/04-"Hole in the World"

Hi:

I didn't see a thread yet for tonights episode. Here we go, only a handful of episodes left.

Be back later to discuss....
Old 02-25-04, 08:41 PM

So far this reminds VERY much of last season...a god from the "old" times taking over one of the females in the fang gang....
Old 02-25-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is a GREAT ep!!!
Old 02-25-04, 09:01 PM

Daaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnn this was a good episode. And my favorite part, not stand alone. Can't wait for next weeks episode.
Old 02-25-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Wow, what an episode. We've seen something similar before but if it's carried out as good as they just started it then it's going to be a hell of a ride.
Old 02-25-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
my hatred for the boneheads at the WB has dramatically increased after this hour.

this was a great episode.
Old 02-25-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy ApeSh**!!! Great Epsiode. Everyone is saying how this arc could be like last year's. I think not. Last year was the prophizied apocalypse that W & H has been talking about since Day 1. But the similarities are striking, thou. Fang Gang is being mowed down this year.
Doyle (first S) died. Cordy deceased. Gunn now the cause of the new evil. Wesley is NOT going to take that kindly.
Glad to see EVE back. Also, must I say it is about time that Lorne whoops some ass (even thou it was a girl).
Notice they mentioned Cordy's passing and Lindsay.
I like the reference to Nightmare Before Xmas.
Seems Joss has been reading some H.P. Lovecraft
A Nice start to what should be an excellent arc/end of the series.
DVD Talk Legend

I'll have to withhold my opinion on this episode until I see how the rest of the season plays out. This could either be a very good episode or very irritating turn of events, depending on how the last handful of episodes are handled.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 02-25-04 at 09:08 PM.

I damn near died laughing at the Astronaut/Caveman joke, have to agree , great episode!
Old 02-25-04, 09:08 PM

Also for next weeks preview did it look like
Spoiler:
they were back in the Hyperion, or it just me?
Old 02-25-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And of course, the astronaut/cavemen thing had a bit more meaning than just the gag.
Old 02-25-04, 09:12 PM

I agree guys great episode and wow we knew there was going to be something up with Gunn but wow thats nuts. Damn we are gonna see the insane Wes next week even more dark then Season 3/early 4. I like how once again we get to see Angel having to make the impossible decisions. Liek i said earlier it is similiar to last season but whatever great episode and can't wait to last week.

Damn you WB how could you cancel Angel! Season 5 started off slow with a few mediocre to ok episodes but it has definitely picked up.
Old 02-25-04, 09:12 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
And of course, the astronaut/cavemen thing had a bit more meaning than just the gag.
Very true.
Spoiler:
The intro to the gag was great though. We think Angel & Spike are arguing about something hugely important and crucial to the world and then find out it's "who would win in a fight between a caveman and astronaut." pure genius.
Old 02-25-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was that Fred with makeup, or another actress (not Amy Acker) at the very end that shows up?

Overall, pretty strong episode. Gunn is back to his murdering ways...
Old 02-25-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Was that Fred with makeup, or another actress (not Amy Acker) at the very end that shows up?

Overall, pretty strong episode. Gunn is back to his murdering ways...
It's still Amy Acker playing "Fred." If you want a good look at her, click below.

http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3350
Old 02-25-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jonpeters
Holy ApeSh**!!! Great Epsiode. Everyone is saying how this arc could be like last year's. I think not. Last year was the prophizied apocalypse that W & H has been talking about since Day 1. But the similarities are striking, thou.
Actually in "Apocalypse, Nowish", they made it quite clear that the Beast/Evil Cordy/Jasmine had nothing to do with what Wolfram & Hart had been preparing for. Which makes sense considering Jasmine's ultimate goal was world peace(or at least something close to it).

Fred/Illyria, on the other hand, could end up being exactly what W & H were expecting. It's certainly looking that way considering Knox and the brain doctor are both in on it.
Old 02-25-04, 10:18 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was some great stuff, but I was a little disappointed. It was a little melodramatic and I had some logic problems with it.

It sounded like Knox thought Angel would save Fred and therefore infect hundreds of thousands of people. And the keeper guy even thought that was an option. WTF? Of course it was a win-win situation for the bad guys either way. It seemed like there was other ways out of this though like maybe the keeper could cast the spell from near the center of the Earth so that the spirit would go past almost no other people.

I know this is just geeky nitpicking, but it seemed like I saw a lot of things like that in this episode. Also, I heard Fred was going to die and with Whedon writing and directing, I had my expectations too high.
Old 02-25-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wesley (and possibly the rest of the gang) would have been pretty screwed if Angel/Spike had taken the keeper up on the "cure Fred, kill thousands" option.
Old 02-25-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode. Wonder if Fred will become this new being or will she eventually go back to her old sweet self.
Old 02-25-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i'm guessing it'll be an evil willow scenario...unless of course they have some contract issues with her. :0
Old 02-25-04, 11:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I loved the return of the darker Wes when he just pulled out the gun and shot the guy in the leg.

I imagine if Knox is still alive we'll see even more dark Wes.

Lorne punching Eve was awesome.

The argument at the start was funny and then Angel and Spike teaming up.
Old 02-26-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Good episode. Wonder if Fred will become this new being or will she eventually go back to her old sweet self.
I was under the impression that Fred died so the demon could take her body.

This is just conjecture on my part, though.
Old 02-26-04, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TracerBullet
I was under the impression that Fred died so the demon could take her body.

This is just conjecture on my part, though.
That's the same feeling I had. Granted, nobody ever really stays dead in the Buffy/Angel-verse.
Old 02-26-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fred's dead, baby. Fred's dead.
Old 02-26-04, 09:19 AM

From www.saveangel.org

Call-In Campaign

Angelians:

A number of sites have been pushing this, and it's something we should have called for earlier:

During tonight's showing of ANGEL, call into your local WB affiliate broadcasting the show.

From
http://www.saveangel.org/index.php?story=57

Call-In Campaign

The list of affiliates can be found here: http://www.thewb.com/Stations/Index

Give your demographics: Age, occupation and name. Tell them you are currently enjoying the program ANGEL, which you have just discovered is being cancelled. Tell them how disappointed you are because it has become one of your favorite television series, one that makes you watch *other* WB programs.

Mention that if this series were no longer at The WB, you would likely be watching another network.

Then ask them to pass the word to their general managers, who are the ones directly responsible to the networks.

Let us know what response you get (and from which affiliate) in the Discussion Forums![

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.