Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Has anyone seen Arc The Lad (anime)?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-04, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at this (the set) for a while now, however I am unable to find a place to rent it so I was wondering of any of you would give it a thumbs up..I really liked, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Beserk, Noir, and Witch Hunter Robin, just to name a few..Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-29-04, 05:11 PM

I actually bought this for $20 complete in Mexico. Sahari's Music World was having a closeout on a few "imported" DVD's from America and the entire Arc series was about $2 each per DVD... there is a box set at BEST BUY that is around $40 or $50

I am a fan of the games so naturally I really liked it. It makes a lot of references to the first two games and has lots of the same music and characters. The story is not bad and the animation quality is decent, not very complicated or artistic, but crisp and clean..very colorful! The voice acting [Japanese] is good and the characters are nice, even though they are RPG/anime stereotypes partly.

It's just a nice good VS evil thread that reminded me of RPG's, and lots of other anime series..for the $20 it was worth it..probably worth it if you can find it complete anywhere $30- $40

But, I must tell you, I absolutely hate Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Berserk. So we might have REALLY [very] different opinions on anime.

I say download or Netflix the first volume or two, see if you like it, and if you do, go for it.
Old 03-03-04, 03:55 PM

All volumes reviewed, find the series on this list:

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews/ca...egory=1&view=1
Old 03-03-04, 06:27 PM

It's decent. Definitely not a favorite of mine.

I did love Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Noir, Escaflowne, etc., so if this seems more your taste, then steer clear. It's a fun series, but definitely not an intelligent one, nor one that would stand up well to repeated viewings.