Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Roswell Season 1 dvd thoughts......

Old 02-21-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just viewed the pilot and can say I am very happy with the video and audio.

I realize they had to change some music but one would think the beginning song of the show would have been maintained. Charge a couple more dollars for the set and at least keep this with the show.

All in all....very happy to have the dvd. Cannot wait for Season 2 this summer.
Old 02-21-04, 12:00 PM

Re: Roswell Season 1 dvd thoughts......

Originally posted by djones6746
Just viewed the pilot and can say I am very happy with the video and audio.

I realize they had to change some music but one would think the beginning song of the show would have been maintained. Charge a couple more dollars for the set and at least keep this with the show.

All in all....very happy to have the dvd. Cannot wait for Season 2 this summer.
This is my favorite show. I am just glad it is finally on DVD. I am up to "Tess Lies & Videotape"
I have seen all the special features except for about 4 commntaries. I love the video & audio and I can't wait till Season 2 comes out. It is rumoed to come out on Aug 10th 2004
Old 02-21-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Roswell Season 1 dvd thoughts......

Originally posted by PHMustang2000
This is my favorite show. I am just glad it is finally on DVD. I am up to "Tess Lies & Videotape"
I have seen all the special features except for about 4 commntaries. I love the video & audio and I can't wait till Season 2 comes out. It is rumoed to come out on Aug 10th 2004
Very glad myself this is out....

I did not realize how much I liked this show until I viewed the
Sci-Fi channels Season 1-3 rerun last year. I faithfully watched the show each Monday night when they originally aired. Looking forward to owning all three seasons in the near future.
Old 02-21-04, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My disc #4 was another disc #1. So heads up in case anyone else runs across the same problem. I got mine from Amazon.
Old 02-21-04, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kevin M. Dean
My disc #4 was another disc #1. So heads up in case anyone else runs across the same problem. I got mine from Amazon.
Thanks...better check mine when I get home. I am pretty sure I have six separate discs as I do not remember seeing duplicate faces on the plastic covers. Did your #4 case have another #1 contained within or did you simply get two #1 cases and dvds?
Old 02-21-04, 02:29 PM

Re: Roswell Season 1 dvd thoughts......

Ack, you're saying that Dido's "Here With Me" isn't on the DVD's? Jeez, that really sucks. What did they change it to?

Anyone have a complete list of music changes made for the DVD set?
Old 02-21-04, 02:31 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I too am glad to have this finally on DVD. A great show indeed. Commentary is good also.
Old 02-21-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Roswell Season 1 dvd thoughts......

Originally posted by CloudVader
Ack, you're saying that Dido's "Here With Me" isn't on the DVD's? Jeez, that really sucks. What did they change it to?

Anyone have a complete list of music changes made for the DVD set?
They have skipped the intro sequence to the episodes altogether and just start off with the beginning of the episode. At least...with the pilot episode....have not viewed episode two yet but I am guessing there is no intro sequence in this one also.

I may go ahead and pick up the dido dvd which contains the "here with me" video.

Last edited by djones6746; 02-21-04 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-21-04, 03:31 PM

Each episode is cut into 12 chapters for each ep and yes the dido - here with me song is on the DVD. The pilot has pretty much most the eps but after the pilot there is almost every ep is cut with new songs.
Old 02-21-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Each episode is cut into 12 chapters for each ep and yes the dido - here with me song is on the DVD. The pilot has pretty much most the eps but after the pilot there is almost every ep is cut with new songs.
Where is the here with me song? I have not looked at most of the set too closely but the only video I found was on the 6th dvd which was something else.
Old 02-21-04, 04:56 PM

For some reason, the pilot does not have an intro with the names of the actors, with the Dido song playing in the background. Every other episode DOES have the intro and the Dido song playing in the beginning, just after the "previously on Roswell" part and the short scene to set up the upcoming episode.

There is no Dido video on the set.
Old 02-21-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JSwarce
For some reason, the pilot does not have an intro with the names of the actors, with the Dido song playing in the background. Every other episode DOES have the intro and the Dido song playing in the beginning, just after the "previously on Roswell" part and the short scene to set up the upcoming episode.

There is no Dido video on the set.

Thanks!!! I will move onto episode two tonight. I just figured since the 1st one did not have it...the rest did not either. Really makes no sense at all why they did not include the intro for the pilot episode. Thanks for the good news though for the remaining episodes. I love the intro...
Old 02-21-04, 06:25 PM

The pilot episode did not have the intro when it originally aired. The Dido intro only started showing up with the second episode. Sometimes pilots don't have intros. For instance Smallville's first episode also didn't have an intro.
Old 02-21-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by canonwars
The pilot episode did not have the intro when it originally aired. The Dido intro only started showing up with the second episode. Sometimes pilots don't have intros. For instance Smallville's first episode also didn't have an intro.
Thanks for the info...interesting.
Old 02-21-04, 06:35 PM

There is a music video in this set, although it's not Dido. It is found on disc 6. The Music Video is Sense Feild. This song for the music video features Shiri Appleby, Liz from the show. Also the song is heard in the 3rd season. Ep 14 - Chant Down Babylon
Old 02-21-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is a music video in this set, although it's not Dido. It is found on disc 6. The Music Video is Sense Feild. This song for the music video features Shiri Appleby, Liz from the show. Also the song is heard in the 3rd season. Ep 14 - Chant Down Babylon
I watched this last night.
Old 02-21-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did your #4 case have another #1 contained within or did you simply get two #1 cases and dvds?
My case was for #4 but contained a #1 labeled disc (with #1 content) inside.
Old 02-22-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kevin M. Dean
My case was for #4 but contained a #1 labeled disc (with #1 content) inside.
Checked all of my discs and they were fine. I received my set from Amazon also.

Also watched episode two last night and was happy to see the intro sequence with original song and all!!!
Old 02-22-04, 04:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Most pilots don't have an opening credit sequence; producers figure why waste the time and money if the show may not get picked up. The second episode is when everything falls into place.
Old 02-22-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show sounds pretty interesting, I might give this a blind buy shot. Is the show still running?
Old 02-22-04, 07:12 PM

It is a great blind buy. The show is no longer making new episodes However, every now and then the scifi channel airs mini - marathons. March 1 is the next showing. They will be showing 5 episodes from season 2. The show ran for 3 years. Season one is out,Season 2 should be around July/August 2004 and Season 3 should be out around Jan/Feb 2005 according to FOX's usual 6 month release plan.
Old 02-22-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. I hit blind buy grand slams with Buffy/Angel, so I'm hoping the trend continues!
Old 02-22-04, 07:25 PM

what is this like? I love the dead zone and films about aliens, but is this more drama or more thriller type suspense.
Old 02-22-04, 07:36 PM
Banned

I heard the songs had to be changed for the Season 1 set. Is this true?
Old 02-22-04, 07:40 PM

It's like Smallville. Instead of there being 1 alien there is 3 and more. I can't tell you the exact number that would be spoilerish for season 1. Like Smallville it's about aliens who share their knowledge with humans trying to keep it a secret and finding more about themselves. They also try to pursue relationships with the aliens without the fact that they are aliens that get in the way of alot of relationships. You'll be hooked.. if you like either of these shows (Dawsons Creek,Buffy, Angel,X-Files,Smallville) Those shows are the best way to describe how the show goes. It is a mixture of all those shows listed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.