TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Third Watch 2/20

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No More, Forever
Spoiler:
Steeper continues his by-the-books command style and goes head-to-head with Kim when Doc doesn't report for duty on time; Sasha can't find her off-duty weapon the morning after Doc's party; Faith returns to duty at the front desk despite Fred's wanting her to remain on disability, and discovers that Bosco has lied to her about Swersky's not allowing them to be partners; a panicky Nardo kidnaps Rose and then Bosco in a futile attempt to prove that he wasn't a rat, and makes a shocking choice when he realizes that his days as a mobster have come to an end; to the horror of the squads, Doc takes extreme measures to prevent Steeper from closing the house, and forces Carlos and Kim to risk their lives to do the right thing; Sully returns a favor by reaching out and saving his friend's life in Doc's hour of greatest need.

Last edited by bigjim25; 02-20-04 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-21-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I recorded it and I am a little nervous about watching it based on last weeks previews.

The producers of this show have no qualms about getting rid of a cast member.
Old 02-21-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see Doc's situation finally come to a head...it's been a long time coming. I honestly thought something was going to happen at the party last week.

Disappointed that Nardo took the easy way out...and so SOON too. Last week's ending was great. Too bad the felt the need to resolve it so soon.
Old 02-21-04, 10:02 AM

i missed it last night, and need more info!
Old 02-21-04, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like Doc has been suffering from 9/11 based PTSD.

This is a very real situation that people in other parts of the country fail to consider. For those that live and work in the NY/NJ area where the effects remain so strongly, it can still be fairly tense.
Old 02-21-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn that was an intense episode. I was happy to see Sully talk down Doc. Taylor's death had just put him over the edge - I was wondering when the situation was finally going to be dealt w/.

I'm not happy to see Faith back - I kind of enjoyed her leave from the show.

Is Eddie Cibrian (Jimmy) coming back? I would assume so...
Old 02-21-04, 09:15 PM

Yeah, this was a pretty intense episode. Phil L. makes a good point. I didn't even consider that Doc was suffering PTSD until he started talking about it. I wonder what's going to happen to Doc now?

The way Jimmy left the show, it seemed like his character was being written out, but with Steeper gone now, maybe he'll be transfered back.