Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallvile 2-18-04

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Smallvile 2-18-04

Interesting episode, though I was hoping the girl would be an early incarnation of Maxima from the comics.
Who is the actress playing Alicia? She seems to be more or less doing an interpretation of Julie Benz's Darla from Angel. Dang I'm a geek.
Old 02-18-04, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what happened last week in the Fast and Furious episode? I assume nothing serious happened to Clark's dad seeing that he was OK in today's episode. Ironically, I missed last week's show because I was on my way to Pittsburgh and I got a speeding ticket for going 90mph.

About Alicia, it's too bad she is obsessive cause I thought she was kinda cute and I would of liked to see Clark in a relationship with someone with special powers too. At certain angles, she reminded me of Debbie Gibson!
Old 02-18-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Her name is Sarah Carter http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0141931/

Why are the hot ones always Psyco?

Great episode. I thought it "looked" a little off though... Does it snow in Kansas? Why were all the interiors so dark? Why did Clark's hair look like a bowl cut, are they trying to make him look more "high schooly" ?
And why can't we see Lana in Pajama's like that.

Looking forward to next week! This Adam thing might finally pay off.
Old 02-18-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought this episode was torturously meh.

If I could be teleporting all over the place, I wouldn't be hanging in Smallville, that much I know.

I did like the Carrie-style-ending, though.
Old 02-18-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The interaction between Lana and Clark at the end was good. He always seems to be sticking his foot in his mouth. No matter how many times he saves her, she still dumps him because he won't be truthful to her.
Old 02-18-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, Clark is having a hard time knowing that if Lana knew that his existence/presence is pretty much what killed her parents in the meteor showers. That's why he so reticent to have 'the talk'.
Old 02-18-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Her name is Sarah Carter http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0141931/

Why are the hot ones always Psyco?

Great episode. I thought it "looked" a little off though... Does it snow in Kansas? Why were all the interiors so dark? Why did Clark's hair look like a bowl cut, are they trying to make him look more "high schooly" ?
And why can't we see Lana in Pajama's like that.

Looking forward to next week! This Adam thing might finally pay off.
It most positively snows in Kansas! Though what seemed off to me is they made it look like Christmas, at least I assumed those were Christmas lights on the house. And did the Adam story line just come to a screeching halt or what?
Old 02-18-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The best part of the ep in my opinion was the ending when Lionel and the good doctor left Adam strapped down waiting for death.

The psycho girl was quite attractive despite her hella-big teeth. Those things were so damn long!

Clark is getting good at sticking his foot in his mouth in regards to Lana.

After last week, I was glad to only see Pete for a couple of seconds in this ep.
Old 02-18-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I got tired of seeing Alicia's bottom teeth when she was smiling and talking.
Old 02-18-04, 08:41 PM

She was quite a toothy lass.

Calhoun, i think you might of missed the scenes for next week. It looks like the adam thing is finally getting started next week.
Old 02-18-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Yeah, I got tired of seeing Alicia's bottom teeth when she was smiling and talking.
She could donate half of her teeth so some poor, unfortunate soul could have a nice pair of dentures. Then she would still have a nice smile w/ normal looking chops.
Old 02-18-04, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pete was in this episode? Dang, I must have blinked.

Another question I thought of: I though there would be some pay off regarding the inevitable investigation into the elevator. Surely Luthor (Lionel or Lex) would find that a HUMAN HAND had punched thru the wall and would discover Clark's finger prints on the part that he touched. Or is this just something that will someday be seen in Lex's secret room in a future episode, with the elevator and proof of his finger prints on display?
Old 02-18-04, 08:55 PM

I was expecting that too. No cameras in the lobby? I thought the end would have the obligatory Linonel Luthor looking at security camera footage *fade to black* ... But i guess they had to choose between that, or finally making adam interesting. They also never said what happened to Tooth-Girl. She knows Clark's secret, is she now in Smallville Asylum or what?

Here's hoping Adam dies painfully next week.
Old 02-18-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Does it snow in Kansas?
Yes it does. It snowed there while I was there 4 weeks ago.
Old 02-18-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I don't know why I'm hanging onto this show. Once Angel is gone I'll probably leave Smallville as well. I did like Alicia but she won't be seen again for a while. They're back on the Clark, Lana thing and I've had enough of it. Just put him with Chloe and let Lana move on. Sad thing is that I used to love Lana and now I'm hoping they would kill her off.
Old 02-18-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First time I've seen the show, but I am wondering: What did Clark do with psycho hottie after he saved Lana? Does the show always have endings which cannot be explained?
Old 02-18-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the writers want to leave some stuff for viewers to imagine. If done correctly, it's makes a better story.
Old 02-18-04, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
First time I've seen the show, but I am wondering: What did Clark do with psycho hottie after he saved Lana? Does the show always have endings which cannot be explained?
Since she is still alive, I'm guessing she was sent to the same loonie bin where all the other people who were affected by the meteor shower.

Question....did it ever say in the show that lead paint prevented her from teleporting?
Old 02-18-04, 11:02 PM

Well the dad said they built a special room for her that she couldn't teleport out of. Clark Xray'ed the house and couldn't see into the special room.. thus he knew it was lead. ... So that explains that.
Old 02-18-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Decent episode. I like where the Adam character is going... although i wish they handled it better. He turned from nice guy to prick too quickly.
Old 02-18-04, 11:41 PM

I thought the episode sucked. Again. Ill definately agree with the person who said that the episodes were 95% filler and 5% plot. Every week its the same thing: New mutant, pete pops in for a few minutes (except for last week which was why that episode was so horrible), Chloe does her reporter thing, Lana acts flaky, Lana gets in danger, Clark saves her, Lionel is shady, Lex is the source of advice. The whole thing is just so formulaic that its becoming boring. I really hope the appearance of Christopher Reeves will turn things around again.
Old 02-19-04, 02:14 AM

Location: noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Damn you, Jonathan Kent! Damn you and your inability to knock on the door!!
Old 02-19-04, 02:28 AM
MrN

My TIVO screwed up on the channel change. I'm almost thankful because this show has been exasperating of late.

So, the 5% plot of this episode was: Pa Kent is out of the hospital and Adam is strapped down? Anything else happen?
Old 02-19-04, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by MrN
My TIVO screwed up on the channel change. I'm almost thankful because this show has been exasperating of late.

So, the 5% plot of this episode was: Pa Kent is out of the hospital and Adam is strapped down? Anything else happen?
That's the short version, yes.

The big thing about Adam is that the only reason that he was alive was because Lionel was using him to get close to Lana, and use her to learn as much as possible about Clark. Seeing as Adam not only didn't get close to Lana, he actually pushed her away, Lionel decided to stop giving him the serum he needs to live, leaving him to die strapped to a chair.

I'm personally curious if the doctor we saw with Lionel was the same one that Lex took under his wing last week. It looked like her, but I could be remembering wrong.
Old 02-19-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by PapaWheelie
Damn you, Jonathan Kent! Damn you and your inability to knock on the door!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.