Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

How is Join the dots selling?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-18-04, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is The Cure's "Join the Dots" B-side box selling? How many copies of it have sold so far? Anyone know?
Old 02-18-04, 02:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my copy from Deepdiscountcd in the mail today.

::sigh::...just having "Hey You" on CD ALONE makes this box set worth buying! I've been wanting that track on CD for AGES!!!!!

Man...do you have ANY idea how long I've been waiting to hear these tracks again in crystal clear CD quality? Throw youur foot, New Day, Chain of Flowers, To the Sky and a Japanese Dream are tracks I haven't heard in YEARS! Used to have 'em on old beat up cassette a friend of mine from High School gave over ten years ago then lost it

Anyway I just have one last thing to say....

I have telling people for years....YEARS...that despite being written by the late Hendrix, The Cure's rendition of Purple Haze is their most indescribably KICK ASS cover song they have ever EVER made! If it weren't for the the fact that Jimi Hendrix wrote it, I would seriosuly call it my favorite Cure song...OF ALL T-I-I-I-I-I-ME!!!!!! It's so different from Hendrix's version that I almost feel guilty crediting Jimi for Robert's version! Robert literally took what was a mediocre classic from Jimi and gave it the most AMAZING transformation I have ever heard for a cover song.

Good job Bob!
Old 02-18-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least two since you and I both bought it from DDCD. I wouldn't expect huge numbrs from this, seeing as how its the Cure AND a box set.

I enjoy it greatly though, my favorites are Doing the Unstuck, Halo, Home, Maybe Someday, Signal to Noise (Acoustic).