DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : lord of the rings trilogy

ruk
02-17-04, 10:19 AM
according to dvdanswers.com - there is a trilogy set comming out next year, check out the link

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=3337&n=1&burl=

steebo777
02-17-04, 10:25 AM
I really hope it's just all three EE or Theatrical versions in a box. There's no way I'm buying a new set for all three films. The EE's are more than enough for me.

GuessWho
02-17-04, 11:01 AM
From the link:

The trilogy set won't have anything new it will just be on big main set of them all together.

DVD Josh
02-17-04, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by steebo777
I really hope it's just all three EE or Theatrical versions in a box. There's no way I'm buying a new set for all three films. The EE's are more than enough for me.

I have a very hard believing there can be anything additional to add to the EEs themselves. As many others have stated, the EEs have everything that *I* would need, and would not upgrade unless it was a ridiculous deal. Most likely, you are talking special packaging and some type of bonus disc and the EEs.

steebo777
02-17-04, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by GuessWho
From the link:The trilogy set won't have anything new it will just be on big main set of them all together.
Thanks, forgot about that whole reading thing :blush:

Tom Woodward
02-17-04, 11:38 AM
That was just something someone posted in a comment below, it wasn't part of my news article ;) We don't know what the Trilogy set will include yet. I imagine they might revise the Gollum CGI for the first film though.

ThatGuamGuy
02-17-04, 11:50 AM
The "evidence" offered to prove that they would go back and re-do the CGI for Gollum is unconvincing. If I were to listen to that, I'd also be forced to believe that Peter Jackson is going to go back and film Tom Bombadil and all the other stuff that was left out of the movies, because he says on the commentary for "The Two Towers" that that's what he'd like to do, since they can't do sequels.

I don't think they should re-do Gollum, anymore than they should CGI Hayden Christiansen's face into the end of 'Return of the Jedi'.

DavidH
02-17-04, 11:54 AM
I could see several different kinds of boxsets. Possibilities:

1. A "super" box set containing all 6 versions of the films -- maybe the National Geographic discs and even a new disc documentary of some type.

2. A box set of just the extended.

3. A box set of just the theatrical.

Tom Woodward
02-17-04, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
The "evidence" offered to prove that they would go back and re-do the CGI for Gollum is unconvincing. ..

Well, Peter Jackson said that he'd like to in the FOTR commentary didn't he?

jough
02-17-04, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tom Woodward
That was just something someone posted in a comment below, it wasn't part of my news article ;) We don't know what the Trilogy set will include yet. I imagine they might revise the Gollum CGI for the first film though.

Video Business ran a story about the upcoming discs, citing that a 3-film boxed set of the theatrical versions will be out in May (same discs, just packaged together) and that a 12 disc set of the three EEs will be out in September when RotK is released.

There will be no new features or additional material produced for the trilogy sets.

But if you don't have any of them yet expect a sizeable discount.

DVD Josh
02-17-04, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jough
Video Business ran a story about the upcoming discs, citing that a 3-film boxed set of the theatrical versions will be out in May (same discs, just packaged together) and that a 12 disc set of the three EEs will be out in September when RotK is released.

There will be no new features or additional material produced for the trilogy sets.

But if you don't have any of them yet expect a sizeable discount.

Well most of us here probably did a preorder and got them for around $20. I would anticipate a $59.99 sale price tag on a complete EE set, with MSRP around 79.99.

jough
02-17-04, 02:32 PM
I'm surprised they're really considering a boxed set with no new material - I mean, is there anyone who's interested in these films that HASN'T bought them in one form or another already?

Of course, a Best Picture win for RotK could mean people who ordinarily wouldn't check these out may buy them because of the hubbub.

DVD Josh
02-17-04, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised they're really considering a boxed set with no new material - I mean, is there anyone who's interested in these films that HASN'T bought them in one form or another already?

Of course, a Best Picture win for RotK could mean people who ordinarily wouldn't check these out may buy them because of the hubbub.

This one will come with "attractive packaging" only available with the purchase of all three EEs at once.

DJLinus
02-17-04, 04:00 PM

A friend of mine loves these movies, but hasn't bought any of them yet. She said she's waiting for a box set. I told her that unless she wants to wait even longer she might as well buy all three when ROTK comes out as the other two will most likely be discounted that week.

ruk
02-17-04, 07:38 PM
i will probably sell mine and get the box set

Megatron
02-17-04, 07:44 PM
I wish they would but a box out with just ROTK that would have empty space for the first two EE movies.

caiman
02-17-04, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Megatron
I wish they would but a box out with just ROTK that would have empty space for the first two EE movies.

That would be awesome. If there was anyone I would expect to do something that cool, it would be Peter Jackson/New Line. So far they have done everything right with these movies.

sracer
02-17-04, 10:59 PM

I absolutely love these films and they are must-haves for me. I only have a used version of the theatrical version of Fellowship widescreen.... I'm waiting for a EE trilogy boxset.

Mr. Cinema
02-17-04, 11:04 PM
I hope they don't add anything. Isn't there enough content on the LOTR releases?

fumanstan
02-17-04, 11:19 PM
I don't think the EE's need a box to put them in... they sit just fine on my shelf. A box for the theatricals would be nice though.

MrDs10e
02-18-04, 01:18 AM
I love the movies and I haven't bought any of them yet. I have the theatrical version of Fellowship but got it for free. I'm waiting for a set of all three EEs before I buy.

VincentVega
02-18-04, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Megatron

Maybe it will be a mail away like universal did with the Jurassic Park Trilogy box.

Randy Miller III
02-18-04, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by fumanstan
I don't think the EE's need a box to put them in... they sit just fine on my shelf. A box for the theatricals would be nice though.
Agreed. I don't think a box is needed, 'cause I'm using the cool bookends from the FOTR Gift Set. :)

Wild One
02-18-04, 03:11 PM
Taken directly from www.theonering.net

Tonia writes: Concerning this article about a 2005 DVD Box Set, last month I went to a bookshop meeting with Jude Fischer and Brian Sibley here in London. One of the things that Brian said was that New Line will really release a trilogy box set next year and -- more important -- with a bonus disc containing many deleted scenes that didn't make even the extended editions.

Jack$on, Luca$, $pielberg, they are all the same ;)

n0fear88
02-18-04, 03:14 PM
wat do u think will be in the gift set for ROTK? i didnt get the other ones so im hoping this one'll have summat good =D :D

Jackskeleton
02-18-04, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Wild One

Tonia writes: Concerning this article about a 2005 DVD Box Set, last month I went to a bookshop meeting with Jude Fischer and Brian Sibley here in London. One of the things that Brian said was that New Line will really release a trilogy box set next year and -- more important -- with a bonus disc containing many deleted scenes that didn't make even the extended editions.

Consider this childhood raped in advanced.

vivarey
02-18-04, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Wild One

Hmm... that goes against everything New Line and Jackson has said. I don't see it happening. If there is a "bonus" disc - it might be something similar to the Indy bonus disc @ Best Buy. I don't think they would repackage the EEs (beautiful sets) just to add one more disc.

Not to mention, if they are going to make the box available to current owners of the trilogy, they might also make available this "bonus" disc as well. I can't see them screwing over their fans, after all the promises... "your investment in the EE are safe..."

Admiral7
02-18-04, 05:16 PM
I bought both EE gift sets for FOTR and TTT. I don't think I would get anything repackaged because I think the current packaging for the EEs is beautiful. The only time I'll be dipping into my wallet again for something other than the original EEs is when they release LOTR in HD-DVD. I MUST have that when it comes available!!!

AdamComic2
02-18-04, 05:42 PM
This is upsetting. If New Line screws us on this, I WILL BE PISSED... really...

DavidH
02-18-04, 06:13 PM
I could see this happening. There has to be some kind of incentive to sell a box set of the EEs when most people already have them.

vivarey
02-18-04, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DavidH
I could see this happening. There has to be some kind of incentive to sell a box set of the EEs when most people already have them.

Yeah, but double-dipping on a $90 investment is harsh. Especially when some of us own the theatrical versions too. I don't think it will happen (for New Line's sake).

jough
02-18-04, 06:57 PM
I won't be double-dipping on any future editions of these films until HD-DVD.

That is, except for the double-dipping I've already done by buying both the theatrical and extended editions of each film.

caiman
02-18-04, 08:44 PM
The idea of these movies on HD-DVD excites me. I really haven't even looked into the new format(s) yet, but about how much data can they hold, supposedly? Would it be possible to have the entire trilogy edited together on a single disc? Just cut out all the titles and credits (except for the very end), and you have one hell of a great movie.

DavidH
02-18-04, 08:55 PM
Caiman, it's going to be a long time before these are released as HD-DVDs.

caiman
02-18-04, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DavidH
Caiman, it's going to be a long time before these are released as HD-DVDs.

Yeah, I know. But it's never too early to start looking forward to it.

Kumar J
02-19-04, 01:12 AM
Yes Caiman , I am with you in this.It will be sooner than you all think a HD-DVDs are available in Japan.

vivarey
02-19-04, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Kumar J
Yes Caiman , I am with you in this.It will be sooner than you all think a HD-DVDs are available in Japan.

Late 2005, early 2006. I'm sure this one will be one of New Line's first HD titles.

Severen2517
02-19-04, 01:35 AM
I was watching a Fellowship trailer on the theatrical release DVD and I noticed a short snippet of Legolas firing arrows towards the camera while two of the hobbits were running in the background. Sadly, it was not in the EE and thus might be put on this bonus dvd that's supposed to come out next year. I just hope New Line continues to please the fans and somehow make it available to people who already own all the DVDs.

eau
02-19-04, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Admiral7
I bought both EE gift sets for FOTR and TTT. I don't think I would get anything repackaged because I think the current packaging for the EEs is beautiful. The only time I'll be dipping into my wallet again for something other than the original EEs is when they release LOTR in HD-DVD. I MUST have that when it comes available!!!
ditto :D

jough
02-19-04, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by caiman
The idea of these movies on HD-DVD excites me. I really haven't even looked into the new format(s) yet, but about how much data can they hold, supposedly? Would it be possible to have the entire trilogy edited together on a single disc? Just cut out all the titles and credits (except for the very end), and you have one hell of a great movie.

Well, the HD-DVD format as accepted by the DVD Forum kinda... well, it sucks.

At HD resolution, it will hold LESS than the current DVD. Yes, kids, that's right - in some ways it's NOT AS GOOD as the current DVD, and it's certainly worse than Blu-Ray (or the same) in every conceiveable way.

However, I forsee hybird resolution discs - HD for the main presentation and then standard definition for the extras - that way they could pack more on there. Will that suck? Yeah.

So with HD-DVD it's not so much a matter of putting all three films on a single disc as much as even being able to put one WHOLE film of this length on a single platter. Expect 2-disc sets for awhile of any film over 2 hours in length (with no extras) until they get the dual-layered HD-DVD out the door.

It's nothing to worry about, though - by the time HD-DVD hits the market there'll be something better developed. The Blu-Ray group isn't going to be sitting on its hands either.

If there's a format war, whoever has the better initial titles will win.

vivarey
02-19-04, 11:40 AM
Well, the HD-DVD format as accepted by the DVD Forum kinda... well, it sucks.

At HD resolution, it will hold LESS than the current DVD. Yes, kids, that's right - in some ways it's NOT AS GOOD as the current DVD, and it's certainly worse than Blu-Ray (or the same) in every conceiveable way.

This information is false. You'd think this forum would be an authority on HD-DVD, but I have a feeling most people around here are just in denial about it. HD-DVD (AOD) is enormously better than the current red-laser DVD format, and in most ways, better than the Blu-Ray format. I'd go into details, but this is not the appropriate thread. But here's a hint: disc capacity isn't NEARLY as important as everyone makes it out to be.

jough
02-19-04, 01:17 PM
Disc capacity is just one factor - but the AOD/HD-DVD uses an inferiour compression format than Blu-Ray does, meaning that not only does HD-DVD have less disc space to work with, but the compression format means that the video takes up MORE space on the already crowded disc.

I've seen the Blu-Ray demo and have read the specs of the AOD/HD-DVD. Perhaps another thread discussing the pros and cons of each would be warranted, although I have yet to find ONE plus for AOD over Blu-Ray (technically speaking - the one huge plus it has is that it's the format supported by the DVD Forum).

vivarey
02-19-04, 06:30 PM
Actually, HD-DVD (AOD) will utilize a high efficiency codec (either H.264 or Windows Media 9), while Blu-Ray will only support MPEG2. Because of this, even though HD-DVD dual-layer discs will only be 30GB (instead of Blu-Ray's 50GB), they will actually be able to hold more audio and video than Blu-Ray's counterpart.

jough- didn't we already discuss this (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346302)? Blu-Ray might have been a contender for the home video market if they didn't jump on the bandwagon so early. Now they are stuck with MPEG2, and they will most likely see a fate similar to Sony's minidiscs (niche market, high-end recording).

There are many advantages to HD-DVD over Blu-Ray, and I'd be happy to discuss it another thread. There are just so many inaccuracies and misconceptions out there right now. Trust me folks, there are GOOD reasons why the DVD Forum picked AOD over Blu-Ray. Their membership includes over 230 companies. They ARE the industry.

jough
02-19-04, 11:09 PM
We did discuss it, and you were wrong then and are still wrong. But that's a discussion for later.

From Video Business:

At a news conference last week, Sony and Matsushita executives said Blu-ray's higher-storage capacity would allow studios to pack far more high-def programming onto a single disc than the HD-DVD standard, without the need for additional digital compression of the video.

I can see how the phrase "Blu-ray's higher-storage capacity would allow studios to pack far more high-def programming onto a single disc than the HD-DVD standard" could be confusing.

The demo of Blu-Ray's HD video used the MPEG4 format - so I don't know why you think they're "locked in" to MPEG2. Perhaps you're thinkng of AOD, whose demo used MPEG2 compression.

vivarey
02-19-04, 11:35 PM
That's a nice (bias) quote, but the specs don't lie.

vivarey
02-20-04, 02:00 PM
From the Guzzlefish forums:

http://elitemrp.net/art/lotrdvd.gif

:lol: rotfl

balancer
02-20-04, 02:20 PM
:lol:

MrE
02-20-04, 02:37 PM
Not enough hyperbole to be funny. Once ROTK EE comes out, the EEs will have "over two hours of footage not seen in the theaters" already.

vivarey
02-20-04, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MrE
Not enough hyperbole to be funny. Once TTT EE comes out, the EEs will have "over two hours of footage not seen in the theaters" already.

Just seeing the 18 discs, lined up like that, cracks me up. It's pretty ridiculous.

ruk
02-20-04, 08:15 PM
i dont know maybe it's me but i will get rid of dvd's i have just to get the box set, i always prefer box sets

jough
02-20-04, 10:19 PM
ruk: how much would you be willing to pay for a cardboard box that houses the three individual disc sets? $50? I'll make one up for you.

ruk
02-21-04, 09:20 AM
thanks for the offer but i will wait and see when the trilogy comes out first before indulging in it, hey i sold my jack ryan individual dvd's (4) so i could get the box set

jough
02-21-04, 01:43 PM
Really? Wow. I don't know if I'd want to take that much of a loss for a cardboard box, especially since there are those here (like myself) who routinely throw them away or give them away to people like you who purchased the discs individually and now want the box.

I still have the box from the Jurassic Park 1 & 2 set if anybody wants it.

ruk
02-22-04, 08:22 AM
i am interested, what are you asking for it

n0fear88
02-22-04, 09:20 AM
$50 sounds a bit much for sum cardboard?...i dunno....:confused:

jough
02-22-04, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ruk
i am interested, what are you asking for it

E-mail me with your shipping address.

jough
02-22-04, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by n0fear88
$50 sounds a bit much for sum cardboard?...i dunno....:confused:

That's just my quick calculation.

The 12 disc set (of the three EEs packaged together) will likely sell for around $70.

I expect that whoever buys the trilogy set won't buy the Return of the King: EE that's released on the same day (if so, it only increases my figures by $30).

The EEs are selling for about $10 each used.

So $70 for the set, minus the $20 they'd get for the discs they already have, is $50 for the third set and a cardboard box.

Okay, so they're really only paying $25 for the cardboard box, since they're getting the third set out of the deal.

But they could've saved that $25 if they just kept their original purchases.

It seems silly to me to pay $25 for a cardboard box, but collectors will do silly things to have it all.

Mr. Salty
02-22-04, 02:41 PM
I don't see why anyone needs a box set. All of the really cool kids have the bookends from the "Fellowship of the Ring" limited edition to hold their trilogy together on the shelf!

rexinnih
02-22-04, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I don't see why anyone needs a box set. All of the really cool kids have the bookends from the "Fellowship of the Ring" limited edition to hold their trilogy together on the shelf!

That's exactly where all my LOTR movies are. Those bookends work much more nicely than some box that you really can't notice sitting on your shelf. Of course that's my honest opinion.

ruk
02-24-04, 08:08 PM
well i was not talking about the extended editions, just the regular editions

jough
02-24-04, 08:44 PM
Okay, so the box for the regular editions will only cost about $30.

~$60 for the theatrical trilogy set - $15 for both the Fellowship and Two Towers theatrical discs sold (and that's being generous) - $15 for the Return of the King new (which I assume you didn't purchase separately) = $30 for a cardboard box.

That's assuming, of course, that the trilogies will come packaged in a box. They could just be the three individual discs shrink-wrapped together.

In which case you'll be paying $45 for the Return of the King theatrical version.

ruk
02-25-04, 07:34 AM
well i get them from columbia, so under $7.50 per dvd, eventually before the box set comes out i would sell the individual ones i have and then purchase the box set, so it not that bad

jough
02-25-04, 10:28 AM
Okay, but do the math. The trilogy set won't be an enrollment selection, and CH usually charges MSRP for boxed sets.

So the set will cost you around $50-60.

If you sell the other two, you're not going to get much for them - no matter how much you paid originally.

My point is that you can either buy Return of the King for $15, and have all three films, or you can buy the boxed set for $60 for the same thing. There may or may not be a cardboard box to hold them when they come out - you may just be paying for new versions of what you already have.

P.S. to Ruk - the Jurassic Park box is on its way to you - I couldn't flatten it out (without ruining it), so I had to stick packing tissue inside it.

ruk
02-28-04, 06:16 PM
hey jough, just wanted to say thankyou and what can i say i am a fool for box sets

greendaynfg
03-17-04, 01:59 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001VL0K2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001VL0K2/dvdtalk/qid=1079553574/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5380986-5186259?v=glance&s=dvd

Dazed
03-17-04, 02:09 PM
I held off buying the other 2 Standard Editions. Think it may be time to get them in this new boxset :)

jough
03-17-04, 02:09 PM
Yep, about $60 for the box set - meanwhile, you can buy each individual release for about $15 (making that $45 total).

And New Line has stated that they'll provide the box for those who've already purchased the titles individually. Very classy.

Man, these Lord of the Rings discs (in every variation) really do DVD right. I can't really fault them in any way.

And you know how I love to bitch. ;)

Rypro 525
03-17-04, 02:25 PM
will we have to send in proof that we bought all 3?

The Void
03-17-04, 03:19 PM
I personally think the box is ugly. I'd rather have mine sitting next to each other on the shelf, I don't need the box.

jough
03-17-04, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by The Void
I personally think the box is ugly. I'd rather have mine sitting next to each other on the shelf, I don't need the box.

Well, at least you'll have the choice, which is nice. Those who want the box can have it, and those who don't can throw it away.

It's a choice we wouldn't have if there were no box at all.

Josh H
03-17-04, 03:53 PM
Definitely an ugly box. But I don't care as I don't own, or want, the theatrical editions anyway. I hope the EE box is much, much better if they do one. I assume it would be since the cases for the EE's are super spiffy to begin with, where the TE cases are just your typical movie posterish type cases.

Spiky
03-18-04, 03:49 PM
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/index.html

rexinnih
03-18-04, 04:21 PM
I think Mr. Champagne will be the way to go. I've got the Japanese R2 editions of the theatrical version and maybe/probably can't use the proof of purchase tabs. Oh well, I still have my bookends from the first set.

jough
03-18-04, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Spiky
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/index.html

Yeah, I think I'll be going with one of these:

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/images/cases/LotR.jpg

greendaynfg
03-18-04, 08:48 PM
$30 for a box is a pretty hefty price.

ruk
03-18-04, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jough
[B]Yep, about $60 for the box set - meanwhile, you can buy each individual release for about $15 (making that $45 total).

And New Line has stated that they'll provide the box for those who've already purchased the titles individually. Very classy.

Man, these Lord of the Rings discs (in every variation) really do DVD right. I can't really fault them in any way.

wait can you or someone confirm this please, newline will send you the trilogy box if you send them what proof of all 3 dvd's, does anyone know how that works and when did they say this

Rypro 525
03-18-04, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by greendaynfg
$30 for a box is a pretty hefty price. these look very high quality, and he has to make money some how.

jough
03-18-04, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ruk

wait can you or someone confirm this please, newline will send you the trilogy box if you send them what proof of all 3 dvd's, does anyone know how that works and when did they say this

The RotK DVD Media Kit (available to most retail outlets) said that the trilogy box would be available for those who purchase RotK: Theatrical Version. I don't think you have to prove you bought all three. It will probably be a mail-in offer included in the RotK DVD.

I'm sure they'd be happy to send the box to those who haven't yet purchased the other two titles, since having the box with two empty slots will likely encourage people to buy the other discs.

ruk
03-18-04, 11:14 PM
well i already pre - ordered it from columbia house, hopefully this information will be inside the dvd, thanks

ClarkKentKY
04-15-04, 01:47 PM
The RotK DVD Media Kit (available to most retail outlets) said that the trilogy box would be available for those who purchase RotK: Theatrical Version. I don't think you have to prove you bought all three. It will probably be a mail-in offer included in the RotK DVD.

Have we got any further info on this yet? I'd like to know something solid before i preorder.

ruk
04-15-04, 02:07 PM
have not heard anything yet just hoping

jough
04-15-04, 02:22 PM
At the press conference New Line said that they'd make the box available to everyone who bought Return of the King. They're planning a collection for the EEs, too - expect a mail-in certificate for both versions.

KKnight
05-26-04, 11:56 AM
At the press conference New Line said that they'd make the box available to everyone who bought Return of the King. They're planning a collection for the EEs, too - expect a mail-in certificate for both versions. Does anyone know if this is still happening? I bought my ROTK yesterday and couldn't find any mail-in certificate or anything like that.

trigun
05-26-04, 01:02 PM
Hmmm the last interview I saw (very recently) with a New Line PR guy said that the only difference between the individual releases and the boxed set was the box, and that the box wouldn't be available separately. I'll see if I can find a link to the interview (forgot where I read it).

fumanstan
05-26-04, 01:17 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the box is butt ugly? It's cheap flimsy cardboard and just displays the covers of the 3 movies a few times. Now if it was classy and just had... say a solid color with the title The Lord of the Rings and maybe a picture of the ring on it, that would be something worth wanting.

Living Dead
05-26-04, 01:22 PM
I have not bought any of these DVD's yet, because I've waited for a boxed set of the EE's. Hopefully when it finally comes, it will be a good one.

And I agree, the sleeve containing the TE's is not very attractive.

jough
05-26-04, 02:59 PM
They had originally planned to make the box available, but now it looks like they aren't going to.

There's another thread where you can get really gorgeous metal boxes to fit the trilogy from Paul Champagne.

Oh, heck, here's the link (LotR is about mid-page):

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels2.html

For only $30 it's worth it if you're a big fan of the trilogy:

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/images/cases/LotR.jpg

B.A.
05-26-04, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by fumanstan
Am i the only one who thinks the box is butt ugly? It's cheap flimsy cardboard and just displays the covers of the 3 movies a few times. Now if it was classy and just had... say a solid color with the title The Lord of the Rings and maybe a picture of the ring on it, that would be something worth wanting. No, you are not - I saw it yesterday and thought that it looked like shit. I didn't understand what the fuss was about.

jough
05-26-04, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the box is clown shoes.

Get the Champagne box above. It's a class act, and it was satisfying to slide the third set into it, thus completing the trilogy.

talemyn
05-26-04, 05:15 PM
Get the Champagne box above. It's a class act, and it was satisfying to slide the third set into it, thus completing the trilogy. Yeah . . . I've been considering that, but I only own the EE's which are already in boxes, so I don't know if I'll even bother getting a seperate box.

We'll see . . . http://www.mindspring.com/~boycekb/images/Smilies/Shrug.gif

RoboDad
05-26-04, 05:42 PM
Get the Champagne box above. It's a class act, and it was satisfying to slide the third set into it, thus completing the trilogy.
Well, I might, if he got the verse right on the spine. But as it is, that would just bug me way too much, so I'll pass.

canonwars
05-26-04, 07:22 PM
For any Canadians who want the box, Rogers Video is giving away the box as a gift when you purchase RotK.