TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Average Joe Hawaii 2/16

Old 02-16-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average Joe Hawaii 2/16

Spoilers...

That was a surprise.
I fully didn't expect her to let go of tony this late in the game.
Sure Michael was no big surprise, especially after the whole "Mother" Incident. But geez...

I guess the freaky facial hair thing got to her, too. I know it kinda bugged me looking at it.

Looks like it might be either fredo or Jim.
Old 02-16-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad she booted Michael C. It's about time she kicked him out after what he did... calling her a beaver, destroying her boat, etc...

I'm also surprised she sent Tony home. I thought in an earlier episode, she said he's still her #1. I think she said he's a bit too serious for her. Maybe she changed her mind after last episode where their boat got blown up. Tony was very upset. Maybe that turned Larissa off.

I didn't think Larissa and Fredo connected at that level yet. Did we even see them kiss yet? My vote goes to Boston Jim.
Old 02-17-04, 12:55 AM

My vote goes to Boston Jim.
Is that the personality of the joe and the the looks of the jock?
Old 02-17-04, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I just don't see how Brian or Fredo have a shot here. Although they are both nice guys, neither of them have a particularly great personality, and neither are good looking enough. Gil doesn't have a shot because he's too stiff and always seems to be at a loss for words. Up until tonight, I would've thought that Michael would've had it in the bag.

I agree that Jim will win, but I don't see them together for the long run. He's got a flashy smile, but he seems to be lacking in the personality department. In the end, I think she's going to be looking for love somewhere else after the show. Then again, if she knows this, she may end up picking one of the average Joes.

I have to say, I'm impressed by Larissa making her choices as much by personality and humor as she is by looks. In fact, I'd say looks are only in the middle of the list of attributes she looks at. She seems amazingly well adjusted for someone who's that good looking. Good find by NBC.

Last edited by hahn; 02-17-04 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-17-04, 06:58 AM

Ever since I've been watching this show, and they've managed to show a bikini shot of her in every episode - standing with her backside facing the camera, legs spread a couple feet apart - I've gotten in the habit of biting my fist.

On another note, anyone think Larissa would pick Adam from the first AJ if he were on this show?
Old 02-17-04, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by lucasorion
On another note, anyone think Larissa would pick Adam from the first AJ if he were on this show?
My wife actually said that last night.

So... Tony's gone, Mike C's gone... they were my two favourites at this point.

I can kind of see why Larissa booted Tony, when they were in the cave and he couldn't think of anything to say except "I was thinking about bringing my sketchbook..." I cringed. Okay, you know you have that in common, now are you going to build on that, or just keep retreading the same ground? I can see why Larissa said they always talked about the same things.

And Mike C... where do I start with this guy? In spite of (or maybe because of) all the dumb things he said and did, he was by far my favourite of the new guys. The funny thing is, it seems like he got booted because of what he said to "Mom" (he managed to come through with yet another spectacular apology) but how he described what he said afterwards to the other guys. I guess he finally ran out of apologies, and the rest of the show is going to be a lot more boring without him.

Anybody else think it was hypocritical of Larissa to kick Mike C off because he's her looks when she's had nice chaste pecks on the lips from the Joes, and had every stud's tongue down her throat?

Brian was hilarious during the interview, he got sooo nervous when "Mom" asked the baseball question!

Oh yeah, and the elimination was probably the best ever! I thought Gil was going to have a heart attack for sure.
Old 02-17-04, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by vinhj
Is that the personality of the joe and the the looks of the jock?
Hehe. My mind wondered off while I was typing. I was thinking of Boston Brian, the Homeland Security Advisor. He seems to have a little bit of connection with Larissa. Of course, I thought she had the most connection with Tony until Tony got eliminated last night in a shocker. So what do I know.

I think it'll be down to Brian and Jim as the final 2.
Old 02-18-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So are the only Joes left "Bwaston" Brian Worth and Fredo? I don't think either of them stand a chance. Brian is just plain weird and Fredo has seemed pretty boring on the show. I think she had good reason to let Tony go. He wasn't able to laugh about the boat sinking even though everything turned out ok. I agree that he seemed rather humorless. And the beard thing is just a bad idea.

Every date she has with the good looking guys still turns into a makeout session even after she said she realized that and needed to take a step back.

It'll be pretty pathetic to see two of these shows end up without an Average Joe actually getting picked in the end. I think this show is done after they do the one with Adam picking a girl. I don't know how that could be very different from The Bachelor. Now that he's been on tv and everyone knows he's rich, I don't see how it will have much to do with him being an Average Joe
Old 02-18-04, 03:30 PM

Yeah I just don't see one of the "Joes" winning here.
You never know, she was SO UPSET when seeing the "freaks" in the first episode, that she obviously had to be "calmed" down by producers.
Then all of a sudden she is making out with them left and right.
Part of me wonders if they "coached" her into getting into this and ultimately picking one for "good tv".

If that is the case Boston Brian would win. She hasn't done anthing with Fredo at all and on the previews it shows a hug between them, but shows kisses with everyone else (including Boston Brian getting a lot more agressive than the usual peck!!!).

I don't think the spying by Fredo next episode will help his cause either.
Old 02-18-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

brian is so awesome. i love that accent. i hope he wins.

but i cant see her picking fredo or brian over the hunks.
Old 02-18-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She won't pick Fredo. Next weeks hi-lights with him spying in the submarine when their kissing on the beach was pretty funny

"He's got his hands all over her ass!" (Release torpedo stat!!)

I'D like Brian to win but she seems smitten with Jim and he's obviously a good looking guy who seems nice also

Mike was pretty funny but he could say anything without sounding like an idiot!

Tony was a nice guy too but that facial hair was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen

Last edited by shanester; 02-18-04 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 08:52 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd be suprised if she chooses a average Joe, I can't see it working with one of them.
Old 02-18-04, 11:00 PM

It would suck if neither shows end up with the Joe getting the girl at the end.

BTW, does anyone remember in Average Joe 1, was Jason the person who met with Melana before all the Joes were introduced? Similar to how Jim was introduced to Larissa before all the Joes in AJ2. Since Melana picked Jason in AJ1, I wonder if Larissa will pick Jim.
Old 02-18-04, 11:02 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oddly enough I think Tony was the most screwed by the "hot guys" arriving. In the beginning his best selling points were that he was the most suave and had the best body of the guys. But many of the new guys on-upped him in both those categories. The other guys stuck out more after that.
Old 02-19-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

eh...I started to not like Tony all that much ever since the "boat" incident. I totally get why Larissa picked Tony to leave. He's way too serious and yeah, like whaaat, I also cringed when he kept talking about art. Dude, you've covered that area, time to switch topics and see what else you've got in common!

I'd give 10:1 odds for Jim winning, maybe more. But I also doubt they stay together after the show. Larissa seems to have much more depth than Jim. She's a girl who has it all, so why should she settle for anything less than a guy who has it all.
Old 02-19-04, 07:36 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
BTW, does anyone remember in Average Joe 1, was Jason the person who met with Melana before all the Joes were introduced?
No, it was the "Joe Millionaire" guy.
Old 02-19-04, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
No, it was the "Joe Millionaire" guy.
Ah ok. My bad memory. Nevermind what I said then.
Old 02-19-04, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An ok show, and I was also surprised to see Tony go, but not dissapointed. I think that the guy that she has a crush on is going to win.