TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias - 02/15/04

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Alias - 02/15/04

"After Six"

Sydney and Vaughn try to determine who is killing members of the Covenant; a security expert (Vivica A. Fox) is asked to break into a lethal response system; Sloane is urged to see a psychiatrist (Patricia Wettig).

Cast: Jennifer Garner, Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, Michael Vartan, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Weisman, David Anders , Greg Grunberg, Patricia Wettig, Vivica A. Fox, Quentin Tarantino, Amanda Foreman, Ian Buchanan, Laetitia Danielle, Alex Stemkovsky.
Director(s): Maryann Brandon.
Producer(s): JJ Abrams, John Eisendrath, Ken Olin.
Writer(s): Alison Schapker, Monica Breen.

Just a reminder - the first new ep in several weeks is on tonight.
Old 02-15-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait. This will be the only Alias episode in February.
Old 02-15-04, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abc just doesn't know how schedule this show.
they aired too many episodes between sept-dec, but they decide to air only one during feb sweeps?
Old 02-15-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tucker
they aired too many episodes between sept-dec, but they decide to air only one during feb sweeps?
February sweeps? Is there such a thing?

Hell...between the holiday break and now this last three week hiatus.....I'm losing interest in this season.

Maybe I should just start buying the season sets as I do with The Sopranos and watch my episodes back to back until finished at my control and not the network. They really know how to put a damper on a show's season.
Old 02-15-04, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by tucker
Part of the problem is the stuff that's been on other networks. Feb has had too many events, with the Super Bowl and the Grammys. Then ABC has the Oscars in 2 weeks. So it wasn't all their decision, it was smart reactions based on what was on against them.
Old 02-15-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
When will the next new one air after this week, and why only one new ep. for the whole month of Feb.?
Old 02-15-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's been so long that I can't remember the storyline anymore. And this is one of my favorite shows! Shame, ABC, Shame!
Old 02-15-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, this is better than February 2002, when NONE of the networks other than the one with the Olympics tried to put on any real programming. I actually wonder if they tried any real programming at all that year.

Also, why in the world does QT have to come back tonight? He is bar none the most annoying person to watch or listen to in any form. I wish he would stay behind the camera and direct an episode instead, that would be a good contribution to the show.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 02-15-04 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-15-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Universal Church of Mammals... Bwah-hahahaha! Marshall cracks me up.

Lauren is cold-blooded through and through. It was good to see Sark get really nervous there in his meeting with Cole. Talk about having your guard down.

How about Verdita Green making an appearance (I'm sure Quentin helped make that happen)?

(Boo on the spoiler-filled next episode preview!)

Another 3 weeks until the next episode.

Last edited by Patman; 02-15-04 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-15-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, they interrupted the "next on Alias" segment to show some fat ass weather reporter give an update in my area, what exactly did it say and when does it air?

On with the episode: QT needs to have his ass kicked, not just on this show either. I really hope that what they are doing with Lauren isn't supposed to be leaiding up to some sort of cat fight between her and Syd. Hard to buy into her going from being a little blonde to some sexpot with a bloodlust.
Old 02-15-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

last time we saw QT he was working for the MAN. the MAN turned out to be arena...i hope its not hte same thing again although it seems to be the only way to tie her back in. however, if she was the MAN she wouldnt have had to send her sister in the rough up some korean guy to save sydney
Old 02-15-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
(Boo on the spoiler-filled next episode preview!)
No kidding - even though it was full of stuff that we had presumed at one time or the other, we still didn't even need to see that.

Great ep.

The "lady w/ the ****ed-up mouth" is cold-blooded, and Sark gets off on it. He's too much. And that scene w/ QT was great when Cole had the drop on him.

Spydaddy came through again when Syd and Vaughn needed it most. Jack has been really good this year.

Marshall is a dad and now has a wife who refuses to take the Flinkman family name.

I really hope they decide to kill off Lauren before the end of the season. And I would like to see the return of Isabella Rossellini sooner rather than later.

Spoiler:
I know it has been speculated that Sloane is Sydney's real father, but I was hoping that they would never follow through w/ it. By the looks of the previews for the next ep - they do. At least it looks as if Lauren is outed soon.
Old 02-15-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Okay, they interrupted the "next on Alias" segment to show some fat ass weather reporter give an update in my area, what exactly did it say and when does it air?
Read my spoiler above and you'll get the gist of it. And you have to wait another three weeks.
Old 02-15-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i am just waiting for a catfight between syd and lauren. who knows, it could be better than last year's finale and that was pretty good. also, lauren in the dressing room
Old 02-15-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Next week is "Super (who wants to be a) Millionaire".
The week after that is the Academy Awards, so Alias will next be on in 3 weeks.

"I'm keeping my name!"
Old 02-15-04, 10:01 PM

Pretty good episode overall. I really like Sark's interacation with Lauren and you can tell that he really digs her cold-bloodedness.

I also really liked Sloan playing mind games with the psychologist. Jack still kicks ass.

With such a long wait until the next episode, I would have preferred if they didn't show previews.

Last edited by SiberianLlama; 02-15-04 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-15-04, 10:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Looks like ABC hired Fox's promo dept

I liked the episode. This was the first time I liked watching Lauren. Sark and her have much better chemistry then she has with Vaughn.

Marshall

Originally posted by B.A.hist
Spoiler:
At least it looks as if Lauren is outed soon.
I don't think so

Spoiler:
From the preview Sark pulls a gun on Syd and tells Vaughn to drop his gun before Lauren takes off her mask
Old 02-15-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't like previews either but it is pretty simple if that is your choice. Simply, don't watch it.

Speaking of previews, I was really disappointed that the Super Bowl teaser from season 2 did not appear on the DVD. That's the one where Sydney struts around in red lingerie and included cuts not seen in the episode, if memory serves.

This episode just moves things along. I do like them "fleshing" out Lauren's character though.

However, this bit about a book with all the key names contained together. Why that's brilliant, the Covenant must be great to have masterminds to think of those brilliant ideas. Who's the head man ... Dr. Evil?

Dr. Evil "Scott, let's put all of our operatives in one secret document that we will leave lying around"

Scott: "Isn't the point of a having a secret organization so that we don't write this stuff done. Why not just call out our names at the airport dimwit?"

Dr. Evil "Scott, this job requires a certain finesse, a certain 'Je ne sais pas' that you seem inadequately aware of."

Scott: "I know, why don't we just write our names in a code, like everything backwards or jumbled. We'll call you wripeass, that ought to fool them."
Old 02-15-04, 11:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is anyone confused as to how Sark found out about Vaughn's "sextracurricular activities," as he called them? I sure am. No one knows that he and Sydney kissed or had these conversations... except the CIA psychiatrist and Weiss. Is one of these people leaking information to the Covenant? Perhaps it's going on without their knowledge (see: FakeFrancie manipulating Will to give up secrets)? Anyone have an explanation for this?
Old 02-15-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Every time Lauren and Sark appeared on-screen together, I kept thinking about how much they look alike and wouldn't it be funny if they turned out to be brother & sister. And then they kissed.
Old 02-16-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, why was there a secret tunnel into the whine cellar? It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever to have it built. What use would it be for the convenent? With the twists and turns to get to the cellar, it would be annoying to bring things through it for normal use. It had enough defenses so they though it would be a target to sneak through, so why put it there?

Also, how did they get up the tunnel with the electrified walls so fast?? The pipe above was breaking with '2 ton' Sid so I doubt it would hold if they tried to climb back up it. Even climbing the rope it is much harder to go straight up and not hit the walls beside it.

I guess they called this mission- Operation: Plothole
Old 02-16-04, 12:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, I'm answering my own post with my speculations. Sloane is getting information from the psychiatrist without her knowledge. Why?

Sloane to the psychiatrist: "I'm a manipulator, blah blah blah, everything I say is just enough to get people to do what I want or to get information from them, yackety smackety." Rewind to earlier in the episode...

Sloane to Jack: "I miss my wife, I'm unfulfilled, blah blah blah."

Why is he telling Jack this? Not because he wants Jack's sympathy, or a hand to hold. It's because he wants Jack to arrange a meeting with the shrink. No doubt he's checked up on her, and he KNOWS that her thesis or whatever was on him, and that he also sees Sydney and Jack... or maybe he wasn't sure about that until he met with her in person, and got her to divulge that she was seeing them. Perhaps her doing her thesis on Sloane makes him think that she has a twinge of sympathy for him, or at least for intel personnel in general... recall their conversation about why she went into government work after her time at Yale & Columbia. She basically has a soft spot for intel people and the issues that they deal with.

So, that, or Weiss is a bad guy and is leaking information to the Covenant. Which I don't believe.
Old 02-16-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't it possible that someone in the Korean camp took pics of them during that "We're About To Die" kiss? Hasn't that been their only erotic contact since the marriage, or did I miss something?
Old 02-16-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrX
I don't think so

Spoiler:
From the preview Sark pulls a gun on Syd and tells Vaughn to drop his gun before Lauren takes off her mask
I realize that, I was just stating what may be the most obvious possiblity, since the promo departments at the networks haven't been the sharpest knives in the drawer lately.
Old 02-16-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm guessing the cell may have had a security camera in it and the photos Cole gave Lauren were from there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.