Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"Crossing Jordan" returns March 7th to NBC (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Crossing Jordan" returns March 7th to NBC (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-04, 09:39 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
"Crossing Jordan" returns March 7th to NBC

Mark your calendars!

Devil may Care
DID THE DEVIL MAKE HIM DO IT?-When Oliver Titleman (guest star Brian Kimmet), a high school student obsessed with forensic science, is suspected in what appears to be the satanic murder of the ex-husband of the object of his affection (guest star Holly Gagnier-Guillod), Macy (Miguel Ferrer) tries to win the bright young manÓs confidence to lure him into revealing his involvement in the crime. Meanwhile, though Jordan (Jill Hennessy) is assigned to desk duty to catch up on paperwork, she still finds herself drawn into a crime investigation when she overhears a murder through the ventilation system in the office and must struggle to convince police that a homicide was committed under her roof. Jerry OÓConnell, Kathryn Hahn, Ravi Kapoor, Ivan Sergei, and Steve Valentine also star
Glad to see that Jordan's finally coming back this season.

But I'll be sad to see Average Joe run its course.
Old 02-14-04, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "Crossing Jordan" returns March 7th to NBC

Originally posted by Goldberg74
Mark your calendars!

Glad to see that Jordan's finally coming back this season.

But I'll be sad to see Average Joe run its course.
Average Joe isn't really relevant to Jordan's return. The 7th is a Sunday, which NBC's site has been saying for a while now will be Jordan's new night.

Average Joe is actually having a 3rd season right after the current run ends. They're bringing back the runner-up from season one.
Old 02-14-04, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
wow. they're bringing it back so they can cancel it properly..?
Old 02-15-04, 09:50 AM

Re: Re: "Crossing Jordan" returns March 7th to NBC

Originally posted by Grenadier
Average Joe isn't really relevant to Jordan's return. The 7th is a Sunday, which NBC's site has been saying for a while now will be Jordan's new night.
Whoops, my bad... I looked at a calendar last night and saw that it is on Sundays now.
Originally posted by Grenadier
Average Joe is actually having a 3rd season right after the current run ends. They're bringing back the runner-up from season one.
That's right... but they were still taking applications until yesterday, so are they going to film it quick, or just shoot as they go?
Originally posted by Rogue588
wow. they're bringing it back so they can cancel it properly..?
Jill Henessey had a kid... that delayed season three. But since its been off the air since last season, I wonder how many people will tune in.
Old 02-15-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
So will this be on a 10/9 Central after one of the Law and Orders? It will be good to have something on after Alias...
Old 03-07-04, 12:39 PM

Reminder... its on tonight 10/9 central.
Old 03-07-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm not sure Sunday is "regular" night. My TV guide shows another CJ episode on Friday night. But since NBC doesn't understand clocks, why should they understand calendar? They should be the Random Programming Network, RPN.
Old 03-07-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just noticed that there's an episode of Crossing Jordan listed for Friday at 10 p.m. EST (3/12/04). Will we see 2 episodes/week or is Friday's episode just an aberration?
Old 03-07-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the few times I've watched it I've liked it
but I'm not sure I want to tape it
although it does have the guy from Sliders and the guy from Robocop
Old 03-07-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm going to record it via ReplayTV because it's a free timeslot for me on my 3rd ReplayTV unit.
Old 03-07-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally posted by OldDude
I'm not sure Sunday is "regular" night. My TV guide shows another CJ episode on Friday night. But since NBC doesn't understand clocks, why should they understand calendar? They should be the Random Programming Network, RPN.
Originally (like, in NBC's plans in the fall of '03), it was officially supposed to come back in January '04 on Saturdays at 10.

Then, it unofficially got moved to Fridays at 10, and this was the slot that was widely reported in the press and on the 'net (this was the slot circulating when Jill wanted those EXTRA coupla months off to be with Marco).

Then, a month or two back, it got moved to its current Sunday night slot.......
Old 03-07-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I guess NBC found a replacement for the slot of Lyon's Den. Will we be seeing 2 episodes of Jordan's Crossing each week (Sunday and Friday)?
Old 03-07-04, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The blonde from American Embassy is on the show - maybe she will become a permanent cast member.
Old 03-07-04, 10:00 PM

Crossing Jordan (3/7): Devil May Care (w/ scheduling note)

DID THE DEVIL MAKE HIM DO IT?

When Oliver Titleman (guest star Brian Kimmet), a high school student obsessed with forensic science, is suspected in what appears to be the satanic murder of the ex-husband of the object of his affection (guest star Holly Gagnier-Guillod), Macy (Miguel Ferrer) tries to win the bright young manÓs confidence to lure him into revealing his involvement in the crime. Meanwhile, though Jordan (Jill Hennessy) is assigned to desk duty to catch up on paperwork, she still finds herself drawn into a crime investigation when she overhears a murder through the ventilation system in the office and must struggle to convince police that a homicide was committed under her roof. Jerry OÓConnell, Kathryn Hahn, Ravi Kapoor, Ivan Sergei, and Steve Valentine also star. TV-14
Glad to see this show is back... and that they've even out the stories amoung the cast, and made them all work as a team. It was also good to see the absence of Jordan's father and the whole Mother story line... which I know they'll bring that back up.

And according to the end of show, we get a new 'bonus' episode on Friday (3/12; titled "Slam Dunk") and then another one next Sunday (3/14; titled "Til Death Do Us Part"). One strange thing is that there is a fourth episode scheduled for a week from Friday (3/19; titled "Is That Plutonium In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?") but with this note (according to TVtome.com):

NOTE: Jill Hennessy is not in this episode. This is the second special episode.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 03-07-04 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-07-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really pissed off now. It's just not right to leave the audience with a cliffhanger of the sort that this show ended season two on and then not mention it. It's even worse when the show disappears for 10 months (for reasons I know about), revamps its focus, and doesn't wrap up the storyline being dropped with so much as an explanation.

My wife and I have been looking forward to new Crossing Jordan for a long time, and we're both so disappointed at this turn of events that we're considering not watching the show any more.

Edit to add:

According to information on other sites that I read after I wrote this, it would appear that resolution is coming at some point. Either the production company, the network, or both felt that resolving the cliffhanger in the first episode back would confuse new viewers. I guess I can buy that it was tough because few shows have been in this position before, but I see this as a cautionary tale for fans of any show that ends this season with a cliffhanger -- the network might just decide that it's "smarter" to not resolve it for a half dozen episodes so they don't alienate the new viewers they get in the fall.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 03-07-04 at 11:05 PM.