DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Official WRESTLEMANIA 20 Thread

Original Desmond
02-14-04, 08:13 PM
I reckon this huge event deserves a good build up thread.

Discuss the potential card and anything else

will it remain HHH v Benoit ?

Goldberg v Austin or Goldberg v Lesnar ?

who will Angle and HBK match up against ?

wildcatlh
02-14-04, 08:44 PM
HBK vs HHH vs Benoit. Goldberg-Lesnar.

the narrator
02-14-04, 10:15 PM
looks to be

my guesses

HHH-vs-Benoit-vs-HBK.....or maybe HBK-vs-Benoit with the winner facing the champ later on in the night

Lesnar-vs-Goldberg w/ Austin possibly as guest ref

Angle-vs-Eddie Guerrero(assuming Eddie beats Brock)

Christian-vs-Jericho(My most looked forward to match)

Victoria-vs-Molly(though they will probably throw Trish in just for the hell of it)

Cena-vs-Big Show(US title)

Foley-vsOrton or Foley/Rock-vs-Orton/Batista

i have no idea about the rest of the card...i'm not very happy about the triple threat main event

edytwinky
02-15-04, 10:11 PM
Well somebody has to get pinned other than Triple H for him to lose the title, thus the Triple Thread match :)

POWERBOMB
02-16-04, 06:51 PM
One's thing for sure: Bret Hart and Hogan won't be there.

Charlie Goose
02-17-04, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by POWERBOMB
One's thing for sure: Bret Hart and Hogan won't be there.
Unless they're dead, nothing is for sure. With the right amount of ego-stroking and $$$, both would kill a random hobo to be part of WMXX.

Rogue588
02-17-04, 12:53 AM
QUICK! Somone give HHH a ratty, smelly trenchcoat and a sign that says "Will Work For Food"...

mikewendt
02-17-04, 08:53 AM
HHH vs Benoit vs HBK... But more likely, to stretch the card out, HBK vs Benoit with the winner facing the champ later on in the night.

Lesnar vs Goldberg w/Austin some how getting involved, then agian Austin will probably be popping up all night.

Angle vs Eddie Guerrero (I personally like Eddie as the Champ)

Christian vs Jericho (w/Trish getting involved in the outcome)

Victoria vs Molly (w/the addition of Trish or Lita, or both)

Cena vs Big Show (US title)

Foley vs Orton (this is probably the only chance to see The Rock return)

Kane will have to fight somebody to bring on the return of The Undertaker.

There will probably be some kind of Playboy match between Stacy/Jackie & Sable/Torrie. Pure T&A show with no real meaning, but fun to watch.

And they should be able to work in a Tag Title match w/RVD & Booker T

POWERBOMB
02-17-04, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Unless they're dead, nothing is for sure. With the right amount of ego-stroking and $$$, both would kill a random hobo to be part of WMXX.

I think you underestimate Bret Hart. He hates McMahon as much as I hate Trips H. He may someday show up on a WWE broadcast but it will be on his terms and it will only be to have a proper goodbye to the business and his fans.

the narrator
02-18-04, 01:28 AM
if Bret Hart was announced for the Mania I would throw down the $50 without hesitation no matter how bad the card turns out

Y2K Falcon
03-14-04, 01:21 PM
So.... If an "Official Thread" falls in the forest, and no one hears it, it is still an Official Thread? :hscratch:

"Final" card, best I can find...

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

Special Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

WWE US Title Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena

Playboy Evening Gown Match
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly

World Tag Team Titles Match
Booker T & RVD vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade vs. La Resistance

WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. The APA vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open

Rock & Sock Connection vs. Evolution Handicap Match
The Rock & Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair, Randy Orton, & Batista

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

Kane vs. The Undertaker

Da Thrilla
03-14-04, 01:22 PM
Thank goodness for my co-worker's TiVo! :D

Also: Go To Wrestlezone.com and read some of the "spoilers." Interesting...

Y2K Falcon
03-14-04, 01:24 PM
Supposedly Brett Hart states in the Calgary Sun:
"I'll be watching, but I won't be there. Let's just leave it at that, for now."
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/newsboard.php?news_id=8819

Also, re: Lesnar:
Mike Tice, head coach of the NFL's Minneasota Vikings, commented today on the rumors that Brock Lesnar will be trying out for his team. The following quotes are from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune :

"I've heard it. There's no tryout. We haven't talked to him. I'm not gonig to spend any time on that rumor."

Brock's college wrestling coach, J. Robinson, had this to say:

"If he were to call me, I'd investigate to see what kind of football background he has. But I'm not spendnig any time thinking about it."

“He's making millions in wrestling; he just bought a plane. What would you do? Give it all up with no guarantee of making it in the NFL? I think they're trying to hype WrestleMania."

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Y2K Falcon
03-14-04, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Da Thrilla
Also: Go To Wrestlezone.com and read some of the "spoilers." Interesting...
I can't find them, due to the dozen popups that occur each page opening. -ohbfrank-

das Monkey
03-14-04, 02:04 PM
Sell me. I've only seen a handful of <i>Smackdown!</i>s and <i>RAW</i> since the last Wrestlemania, and I just don't care about it anymore. But I've seen 19 straight ... decisions, decisions ...

das

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 03:02 PM
I'll probably end up watching. I try to watch Raw every week but I usually end up fast forwarding though the episode. I haven't seen any other PPVs except for the Royal Rumble. I have a feeling that when its over I'll be pissed i spent time and money on it. We shall see.

The Dude
03-14-04, 03:56 PM
Already placed my PPV order, although I am a little worried about how this ones going to be.

Rogue588
03-14-04, 05:23 PM
Prediction?

I think HHH will come out for the pin during every single match. He'll take all the belts, melt 'em down and create one belt

"to rule them all"

As for spending $50 on the PPV...while it might suck not watching it LIVE, there's a lot on TV tonite to keep my interest. I'll buy the DVD when it comes out next month.

Mark Carpenter
03-14-04, 05:58 PM
Just about to go watch it. In the UK we get it free on TV, the downside is that it starts at midnight.

Time to overload on caffeine I think...

Is it on for 5 hours? I've seen it listed from 12 to 5am.

The Dude
03-14-04, 06:09 PM
Yup, it's a 5 hour event.

And you know it has to be a big deal when they bust out Michael Chiklis for the voice over on the WM promo. :)

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Rogue588
Prediction?

I think HHH will come out for the pin during every single match. He'll take all the belts, melt 'em down and create one belt

"to rule them all"

HAHA, I like this prediction. Also, one wrestler I can't stand is John Cena. I don't think he was always this wacky white rapper... wasn't he just a regular dude years ago? He's up first tonight (vs Big Show)

Jackskeleton
03-14-04, 06:13 PM
Any signs on what the schedule of events is?

The Dude
03-14-04, 06:15 PM
I'm surprised that they didn't start with the cruisers to try and get the crowd going a little bit, guess they figured that a title change (if it happens) would have the same effect.

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 06:17 PM
Not sure about the order of the card yet.

The show opened with a brief retrospective, which concluded with the tagline "Where it all beings... Again." and a shot of the 3 generations of living McMahons: Vince, Shane, and Shane's newborn.

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 07:08 PM
Good call by Original Desmond from the other thread about the outcome of the Christian/Jericho match.

You could tell by the way she was dressed when she ran out(seemed "darker"), Trish did turn on Jericho.

The Dude
03-14-04, 07:12 PM
Well, Rocky and Mick are coming out now; guess the Rock's got a plane to catch.

The Dude
03-14-04, 07:38 PM
Holy shit, Savage is there! (oops, sorry, it was just Jesse Ventura in his Randy Savage disguise...)

MovieMaster11
03-14-04, 07:51 PM
congrats to my boy John Cena. I think he will be one hell of a US champion.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:23 PM
(Lesnar v. Goldberg) These chants are awsome... Brock looks pissed.

"Sell out chants from a sell out crowd." - Jerry Lawler

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 08:25 PM
This match is the funniest (brock and goldberg). "Boring" chants... hahaha.

cartman
03-14-04, 08:35 PM
"You sold out!"
"Lesnar sucks!"
"AUSTIN! AUSTIN! AUSTIN!"
"BOOORING!"
"Goldberg sucks!"
(Goldberg and Lesnar hug for a while)
"HOGAN! HOGAN!"
(crowd starts watching and chanting at something in the crowd)
(spear from Goldberg)
(jackhammer)
(crowd cheers that the match is over, then goes immediately dead)
(Goldberg stands in each corner of the ring garnering the complete indifference from the crowd)
(crowd sarcastically waves goodbye to Brock)
"YOU SOLD OUT!"
"NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY, GOODBYE!"
(Brock flicks off the crowd)
(Brock flicks off Austin)
(Austin stuns Brock)
(crowd offers first real cheer)
(crowd boos Goldberg and Austin sharing a beer)
(Austin stuns Goldberg)
(crowd offers second real cheer)

Boy, what a great WM match! :lol:

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:38 PM
That was great

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:40 PM
Very nice speech Vince.

HN
03-14-04, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by mikewendt
Very nice speech Vince.

what was the speech?

(I very much appreciate you guys updates; work's got me tied up on a sunday freakin' night!)

--HN

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by HN
what was the speech?

(I very much appreciate you guys updates; work's got me tied up on a sunday freakin' night!)

--HN

He thanked the fans for 20 years of support...

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:54 PM
"The hair looks great Donald."

AWSOME!

mikewendt
03-14-04, 08:55 PM
Jesse "The Macho Man" Ventura...:lol:

ChrisHicks
03-14-04, 08:55 PM
I would also like to thank those for the updates.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:02 PM
holy shit victoria won... this should get interesting

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:03 PM
SHE'S SHAVING HER F//KING HEAD!

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:04 PM
nice mullet Molly :lol:

The Dude
03-14-04, 09:05 PM
Maybe they could just leave it as a mullet.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:09 PM
OH MY GOD! She's bald...

The Dude
03-14-04, 09:15 PM
Damn, Eddie looks like he's been up on a 3 day bender, check out the bags under his eyes...

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:41 PM
OHHH YESSS!!!

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:41 PM
Paul F//king Bearer

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:44 PM
It's not the Dead Man... Not the American Bad Ass...

It's Jeepers Creepers?

The Cow
03-14-04, 09:44 PM
Wrestlemania XXI will be at Staples in LA next year.

BlackCapTen
03-14-04, 09:50 PM
Taker's entrance was pretty cool. But I was hoping he would have a more unique look.

Y2K Falcon
03-14-04, 09:53 PM
Haven't read anything in this thread (avoiding spoilers), but this PPV is sooooo long that first hour is already available for download.

;)

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:54 PM
12-0 for Taker

The Dude
03-14-04, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by BlackCapTen
Taker's entrance was pretty cool. But I was hoping he would have a more unique look.

Yeah, and the match itself was SO plodding that the crowd really had a hard time staying into it until the Tombstone.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 09:56 PM
He really doesn't sell the Dead Man thing without the whole costume...

ChrisHicks
03-14-04, 10:00 PM
anyone have any pics of the undertakers look? is it too early to ask this?

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:02 PM
Imagine the biker look with a black tank top and slightly longer hair...

dvdlovers
03-14-04, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Haven't read anything in this thread (avoiding spoilers), but this PPV is sooooo long that first hour is already available for download.

Where is it available for download ?

;)

dvdlovers
03-14-04, 10:07 PM
Where is it available for download ??

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by dvdlovers

Pretty sure that kind of info is a no-no on this board. :)

ChrisHicks
03-14-04, 10:15 PM
I was going to ask this as well but I assume its just a joke.

Y2K Falcon
03-14-04, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by dvdlovers

[moronic Pepsi girl]Offa dee inta-net![/moronic Pepsi girl]

btw... I was just kidding. It's not available.... <small>yet</small>

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:18 PM
HHH is getting thrown around :lol:

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:19 PM
Surprise, surprise... HBK is covered in blood.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:22 PM
Shit that's a lot of blood!

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:23 PM
Surprise, surprise... HBK is covered in blood.

Jesus! That just looks horribly gross.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:24 PM
And the MPAA said Kill Bill was too bloody... They've never seen a HBK match. F//K!

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:24 PM
Business has really picked up in this match (to quote JR), and how the hell is Michaels still standing!

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:26 PM
"Did the EMT's throw him in the ring?" - King

:lol:

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:28 PM
oh shit

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:30 PM
HELL YES!!!!

BlackCapTen
Wow, surprised he actually tapped!

Daryl
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikewendt
A Clean finish! I'm shocked!

Quake1028
BENOIT!!!!!!!!

The Dude
03-14-04, 10:31 PM
Anybody else find it ironic that he's holding up the title he basically threw away when he abandoned ship for the WWE.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:32 PM
Are they going to start making out?

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDude
Anybody else find it ironic that he's holding up the title he basically threw away when he abandoned ship for the WWE.

That's funny... I didn't even think of that.

mikewendt
03-14-04, 10:36 PM
Cena v. Big Show
Good showing by Cena. No real blown spots and I was very impressed that he got Show up twice for the F-U...

RAW Tag Title Match
As expected... Nothing extremely impresive. I guess they're looking to keep RVD around for a little while longer.

Christian v. Jericho
Aside from that one big f//k up on the top rope this was an excelent match. Trish's turn was nice... She smack the shit out of Chris.

Evolution v. Rock 'n Sock
What I expected. Uneventful, with no real plot points due to the fact Rock and Mick aren't TV regulars...

Sable/Torrie v. Stacy/Jackie (Playboy Match)
Too quick and too much double sided tape. Not even a single pop out. Although I think we almost saw Jackie's gooch when Torrie started pulling her panties of at the end.

Cruiserweight Elimination
Lots of nice high risk action. I don't understand why Kidman doesn't get more TV time... Chavo gets on my nerves. Give Rey the belt...

SMACKDOWN Tag Title Match
Same as the RAW Tag match... Bunch of usual spots with the champs retaining.

Goldberg v. Brock (Special Ref Austin)
The crowd reactions were the best part of this match. Brock was wicked pissed. Good ending with Austin... We'll see both of them back before the years over. IMO

Molly v. Victoria
Good match between the two. I still can't believe they shaved Molly's head bald...

Gurerrero v. Angle
Great back-and-forth match between the two. Glad to see the let Eddie run with it for a while.

Kane v. 'Taker
Great opening for Taker. But damn these two get tried really quick in the match. They're huffin' and puffin' with only a few minutes in. Still made for a quality "big man" match. And of course Taker's 12-0...

HHH v. Benoit v. HBK
Great match... Bloody as hell!!! I can't beleive Shawn's standing... Quality ending. A good clean finish.

All in all, I enjoyed the show and think it was a very solid performance.

HN
03-14-04, 11:02 PM
thanks mike. btw, who tapped?

--HN

ViewAskewbian
03-14-04, 11:03 PM
Anybody mention Ultimo Dragon's slip as he came out and AGAIN as he climbed the ropes?

Funny stuff!

Original Desmond
03-14-04, 11:13 PM
HHH tapping clean to Benoit was pure joy ! Great stuff Chris!

Good final match overall, much better than Benoit and HHH could have done on their own

Loved the Undertaker entrace but his look was a bit too much like his biker look, needed to go fully old school taker look

Angle v Eddie was quality as expected

I called the Trish heel turn ! i did i did!

Jericho v Christian was a good match

I was surprised Hurricane wasn't a surprise entrant in the Cruiserweight battle royale

also disappointed there weren't any big surprises

overall a good show but a tad disappointing for a wrestlemania 20

scottall
03-14-04, 11:14 PM
He really doesn't sell the Dead Man thing without the whole costume...
Most definitely. I was expecting this instead of the American Bad Ass with creepy music and the eye roll.

http://www.derok.net/derek3/images/classics/wwf%20undertaker.gif

dancinns
03-14-04, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by HN
thanks mike. btw, who tapped?

--HN If you're referring to the last match, HHH tapped. Benoit had him in the Crippler Crossface for like a couple minutes. The WWE made the right choice in having Benoit win. If HBK or HHH would've won I swear the crowd probably would've rioted. They'd boo everytime HBK went for his superkick or HHH went for the pedigree.

cartman
03-14-04, 11:17 PM
For a big 20th show, that was a pretty big letdown. The Christian/Jericho, cruiserweight thing, Angle/Eddie, and Benoit/HBK/HHH matches were the only ones that really delivered :(.

The best part of the whole thing was that really cool entrance setup they had! I loved the various videos that spanned the entire stage, including the floor.

Original Desmond
03-14-04, 11:23 PM
Brock v goldberg must have been the worse PPV match i've seen for a long time, total embarassement!

Austin looked embarassed to be part of it !

ViewAskewbian
03-14-04, 11:38 PM
INTRO: It was, shall I say, cute? Showing the generations of all the Macs was a nice touch although it made me think of a time when Vince will finally pass the torch (or his will be snuffed out) by Shane and we'll see a turn in the product.

America The Beautiful: A touch cheesy but, then again, I am Canadian. :p

Cena v. Big Show
Don't Care. Dislike Cena. Him lifting up show twice was alright but, again, didn't much care for this match mainly because I dislike the guy who won it.

The Search for Taker: I loved this. I loved seeing Hennan again with Mean Gene. I hate every time they use the old, tired Moola and Mae angle but it might have been worth it for Bobby. It saddened me to see him so sick, however, and to hear such a change in his voice. :(

RAW Tag Title Match
Nothing to see here folks. More along. Wasn't this supposed to be a Fatal Fourway?

Christian v. Jericho
You know, this one was hyped to be the Match of the Card and I really didn't see anything new out of these two guys. I tried to get into it but just couldn't and was really disappointed by the lack of action in this match when, really, this could have been the Savage/Steamboat show stealer of this Mania. Maybe it should have been some kind of gimmick match (ie: ladder), I don't know, but it was subpar with what both of these guys could do to cap off such a long story line... Placed with the rest of the card this is a good match but we all know this guys could have done better and I feel it just didn't get going like it could have. Trish, for example, came out too soon. This guys were just getting into it.
...of course, it isn't caped off. You could see the Trish turn a mile away. Should be interesting to see where they go with this. The way Christian treated her it seems as though they are going to play it as Jericho is the lovestruck pansy and Christian is the dominant male that Trish wanted. Anyway, the most shocking thing of this match is the fact that the WWE held a storyline longer then three weeks. :p

HALL OF FAME: Okay, it was nice but it was, let's be honest, "filler". I don't recall them doing this on past shows and don't know why they did it now. Was nice to to see Jesse and Bobby but am I the only one who thought Ventura looked like Macho Man?

Evolution v. Rock 'n Sock
Really expected Rock 'n Sock to win this one. Nothing special in this match either as both Rock and Mick seemed to be going thru the motions. The ending was a bit of surprise and I suppose they are leading to a Foley vs Orton single match...what this match should have been anyway.

MIDWAY POINT NOTE: No broken tables. No chair shots. No ref bumps. No fights up the rampway and into the back. No real surprises.

Sable/Torrie v. Stacy/Jackie (Playboy Match)
Again, nothing special here as predicted. I thought the purpose of an evening gown match was to strip the gown off of the other girls. Isn't that what this was billed as?

Cruiserweight Elimination
Ultimo Dragon's slip ups at the start of the match had me laughing for about five minutes. Going to call him Utlimo Shockmaster from now on. You know these guys (especially Ray) can really turn it on in but it is not WWE style. If this was old WCW this would have been a **** match. Instead I give it maybe a two for the few spots they did do. Far too quick and rather pointless in the end.

SMACKDOWN Tag Title Match
See Raw Tag Title Match

Goldberg v. Brock (Special Ref Austin)
This has to go down as the strangest match in Mania history. The crowded hated BOTH of these guys and should be a wake up call for the WWE to show just how many fans keep up with Internet updates. Couldn't stop laughing at the chants. The match itself was terrible!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!! The Gimmick Battle Royal from a few Manias back was better then this. Might be the worst Mania match of all time. At first I was wondering why this wasn't the match BEFORE the main event and now I am glad it wasn't!!! Best part, of course, with the double Austin stunners on both of these guys and the crowd. You could see how pissed Brock and Bill were here. Both flipped off the crowd. I doubt we shall see Bill again and if Brock's leaving was a work, as some sites predict, he is in for a booing on his return.

Molly v. Victoria
I love watching Victoria and Molly work. Didn't think they would shave Molly's head either. I'd say this match is a star over their RAW matchup. Could have been better but not really complaining. Bald Molly...should be something to see. Or will she go for the Kurt Angle Wig Angle (two Angles...nice). SIDE NOTE: I was sure Angle was going to nail Victoria when he came out because of his past hair match memories and loss to Edge.

Gurerrero v. Angle
Very nice to see they let Eddie keep it. So far the match of the card. Not a **** classic but a very close one. Surprised they didn't fight up the rampway to do some spots on the truck. No Angle slam in this match...or did I miss it? Solid ending to continue the fued.

Kane v. 'Taker
I am sure to be the minority here but I disliked the opening. We all knew Paul was going to come back and we've seen the druids and fire walk before. Should have been something different with all the production that has gone into this match before.
Taker didn't look any different aside from a large hat. It basically was Bikertaker coming out to Undertaker's music...rolling eyes. Hell, the Taker sit up was only caught at the end as the camera was on Kane. When he first came out I thought it was either Clint Eastwood or Indiana Jones.
The match itself was your usual punch kick from Taker and Kane and didn't really get going. Big dissapointment for me here on all counts.

HHH v. Benoit v. HBK
AMAZING MATCH!!! I'd give it a good ***1/2 stars. A table finally came into play and we got a good look at each guys move set and a couple of false finishes to keep the heat on. Fast paced Triple Threat with the ending everybody (espeically those present at MSG chanting "Benoit!") wanted.
The closing moments with Eddie and Benoit was great and, cross fingers, this is the direction they are going in. These two guys who deserve to Main Event...where it all begins agian.

END: One broken tables. No chair shots. No ref bumps. No fights up the rampway and into the back. No real surprises.

Overall: I'm going to say a very bad show for Wrestlemania (let alone the 20th). Sub-par matches. No surprises. You think they would have pulled out all the stops. I say the show shouldn't have been 4 and half hours as it seemed like the Oscars...really long. Could have ditched the tag matches, for sure. The focus on actual wrestling, beside gimmick matches, was nice but, as stated, most of these matches never got off the ground.
I have been dissapointed with the product for some time now and this was the icing on the cake for me. ** maybe ** 1/2 star Mania that didn't live up to hype.

And really, I ask, what "all begins again?"

Copenhagen
03-14-04, 11:44 PM
Did the spanish annouce table get damaged in any way tonight?

harpo787
03-14-04, 11:45 PM
It's the first time in a LOOOONG time that I've paid for a PPV. I've been satisified to just see the results on the following week's show. That will continue, perhaps with the exception of Wrestlemanias. Just watching both Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit walked away from this PPV as respective world champs was worth the price of admission alone. I hope they get at LEAST a few months run as champs. I too thought about the fact that Benoit abandoned that belt to go to the WWF (WWE? who's that?)...and I think that involved part of the emotions that he and Guerrero showed. I believe those were genuine emotions. Both men are right where they deserve to be...and Benoit saw that it ULTIMATELY paid for him to jump ship. Didn't WCW give him that belt to try and make him stick around when they realized that Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn and Malenko were going to leave? Wasn't that like a "please don't go" prize?

I also enjoyed Jericho/Christian match...and enjoyed the Cruiserweight match (for the limited amount of time that it ran). I would have LOVED to have seen a Royal Rumble type entry for it, or perhaps a series of King of the Ring type matches down to like a Three Way Dance match. I miss the REAL elimination style matches, like ECW used to have, when someone was pinned, they split, and the match continued until there was a final winner.

Hoped for a bit more offense from Cena in his match, but you can only do as good as your opponent...and Big Show just doesn't have it. I can't remember the last time I saw a match with him that I was impressed.

I was hoping that the Lesnar/Goldberg match would have started as a brawl, and then Lesnar would decide to rely on his amateur background...but it was just horrible...you KNOW it's bad when the most enjoyable thing for the home audience is the chant of the crowd...and the most enjoyable thing for the crowd in attendance is to see the ref drop both contestants. As someone else pointed out, Austin looked embarrassed to be part of that match in any capacity.

I was spooked that Molly Holly was actually going to get to shave Victoria for a second! That would have been a nightmare.

Finally, I wish they would have limited the backstage story stuff. This is a PPV, I'm here to see the matches, not to see what Bischoff is doing backstage. Although, it was good to see Heenan doing well enough to be involved in a sketch. He's already had his surgery (or whatever was necessary to help him), yes?

Overall, thumbs up, but I expected even more from a big 20th anniversary show.

ViewAskewbian
03-14-04, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Did the spanish annouce table get damaged in any way tonight?

Nope, they were saved. It was the Smackdown table but there were no Smackdown matches left on the card when it was destroyed by Benoit.

cubsfan810
03-14-04, 11:55 PM
Is it just me or did Trish just look hotter than usual tonight? Especially after turning on Jericho.

The triple threat match was awsome, best match of the night. I really didn't think Benoit would win once HHH went for the pedigee at the end, surprised that he reversed it into the Crossface. HBK was a bloody mess just like his last few pay-per-view matches.

ViewAskewbian
03-14-04, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by cubsfan810
Is it just me or did Trish just look hotter than usual tonight? Especially after turning on Jericho.

The triple threat match was awsome, best match of the night. I really didn't think Benoit would win once HHH went for the pedigee at the end, surprised that he reversed it into the Crossface. HBK was a bloody mess just like his last few pay-per-view matches.

You are right. Bad Girl trish looked much better. Espcially how she licked her lips and did that hot finger then after the kiss.

And, yeah, count on Shawn to pull out a **** blade job for a PPV.

Rogue588
03-15-04, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
You are right. Bad Girl trish looked much better. Espcially how she licked her lips and did that hot finger then after the kiss.You guys are killin' me over here...

Pics? :p

dancinns
03-15-04, 12:02 AM
Nope, they were saved. It was the Smackdown table but there were no Smackdown matches left on the card when it was destroyed by Benoit. Sorry but HHH pulled the black cover thingy off and threw a monitor off of the table. :rolleyes:

ViewAskewbian
03-15-04, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by dancinns
Sorry but HHH pulled the black cover thingy off and threw a monitor off of the table. :rolleyes:

Oh right! So, you know, it got semi-destroyed. For that I give this show 10 stars. :p

Pac-Rat
03-15-04, 12:16 AM

Christian v. Jericho
You know, this one was hyped to be the Match of the Card and I really didn't see anything new out of these two guys. I tried to get into it but just couldn't and was really disappointed by the lack of action in this match when, really, this could have been the Savage/Steamboat show stealer of this Mania. Maybe it should have been some kind of gimmick match (ie: ladder), I don't know, but it was subpar with what both of these guys could do to cap off such a long story line... Placed with the rest of the card this is a good match but we all know this guys could have done better and I feel it just didn't get going like it could have. Trish, for example, came out too soon. This guys were just getting into it.
Couldn't have said it better. If it wasn't Christian/Jericho, and was 2 other mid-carders I would have said it was a good match. But because of what each can do and what I expected, I felt...blah.

The way Christian treated her it seems as though they are going to play it as Jericho is the lovestruck pansy and Christian is the dominant male that Trish wanted.
My girlfriend said the same thing-that they'll play it up that she likes it rough.

ViewAskewbian
03-15-04, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Rogue588
You guys are killin' me over here...

Pics? :p
http://www.wrestlemania.com/wm_xx_results/images/04.jpg

Best I could find so far.

ViewAskewbian
03-15-04, 12:35 AM
http://www.wrestlemania.com/wm_xx_results/images/13.jpg

Pretty huge change, huh? :p

The Dude
03-15-04, 05:20 AM
MAN ON MAN LOVE ALERT!!!!!

Shouldn't that pick be moved to Mature? ;)

KnightLerxst
03-15-04, 06:41 AM
MAN ON MAN LOVE ALERT!!!!!

Shouldn't that pick be moved to Mature? ;)

Ha...when they showed the replay of the Tombstone you could see Takers chin just inches away from Kanes sack...when he dropped him I shouted "TEABAG!!!"

edytwinky
03-15-04, 06:43 AM
Great show overall. I was pleased with it. Definitely worth the $50 my friends and I split.

mkdevo
03-15-04, 07:12 AM
i was definitely disappointed.. first ppv i've paid for in a really long time, and it didn't do anything for me..

- trish - definitely hotter now, if that's possible. victoria looked fantastic as well, along with all of the evening gown match participants.

- brock/goldberg - worst 'match' i've ever seen. horrible. i'm surprised no one was throwing things at them in the ring..

- taker = yawn. too late (they should have brought him back a long time ago), too early (he still looks like the 'american bad ass'), and too boring. just blah.

- tag matches - bad. i really miss the days of edge/christian vs. hardys. speaking of which, edge's return was announced.

- HHH got FAT!!!! :lol: well ok, he's not obese, obviously, but he defintiely put on a gut and was looking pretty soft. i know he's still not 100%, but this in itself was reason enough for him to not hold the title anymore.

overall, i wish i watched the sopranos and curb, and got to bed on time..

Derrich
03-15-04, 08:25 AM
The Cruiserweight Match was good but fell short of the Lucha matches that WCW used to put on.

Womens Title: It was ok. But why didn't either of them pull off any signature moves? I was expecting a spotfest from these two. No springboard elbow, no Molly Go Round, no Leg Drop, and worst of all, No Widows Peak. (For some reason I was expecting a Molly Go Round to the Floor and a Windows Peak on the Spanish Annouce Table).

Rock n Sock: Evolution won clean! I didn't see that coming. It looks like Rock was about to pull a heel turn, but then I realized that he wont be back for another 8 months so a heel turn wouldn't make any sense.

Playboy Match: Smackdown has shown more skin than this thing did. For 50 bucks I better at least see some Gayda nips.

Christian/Jericho: Good match but I expected more.

Triple Threat: I'm glad he lost, but you gotta admin that HHH really puts on a great match for PPV's

When the Vince/Shane/Baby shot came up it seemed odd that the McMahon women were left out. Linda runs the company and Steph has had a lot more to do with the business than Shane has lately. I think they should have been included in the Generations pic.

D

GuessWho
03-15-04, 09:00 AM
When the pic of Shane was shown with the tagline" where it all begins again" -- I thought we were going to get a Vince retirement speech during the show.

ChrisHicks
03-15-04, 11:10 AM

I guess he didn't want extensions.

Applejack
03-15-04, 12:11 PM
Another opinion on the show from ESPN Page 2 columnist "The Sports Guy" A good read as usual.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040315

Terrell
03-15-04, 12:19 PM
- brock/goldberg - worst 'match' i've ever seen. horrible. i'm surprised no one was throwing things at them in the ring..

Actually, Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer and Wade Keller of PWTorch are both right. The match itself was not all that bad, and wasn't even the worst match of the night. The 4-way tag match was worse. Taker/Kane match was worse. Cena/Big Show match was worse. Hell, the Taker/Kane match didn't even last 7 minutes. Not only that, Taker didn't even look like the Undertaker. He still looked like the American badass.

The Goldberg/Lesnar match was doomed from the start when the crowd went into the match knowing both Lesnar and Goldberg were leaving. So the crowd sh*t on not only the match right from the outset, but they also sh*t on both wrestlers. That's not surprising for New York crowds, which are the worst in sports. But Brock was obviously bothered by it, and they both said to hell with it, and phoned the match in. Still, it was better than the matches I mentioned above.

raven56706
03-15-04, 12:23 PM
I think i laughed the most when... The ultimo Dragon slipped on the ropes and on the stage.

I think the Brock- Goldberg match sucked big fat ones..... I wanted to see some power moves and some cool thing but.... nothing. With brock leaving, it seemed as they both didnt care

raven56706
03-15-04, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Terrell

That's not surprising for New York crowds, which are the worst in sports. .

wow.... hold on a sec.

Sorry if you cant take our bluntness, but our crowds are very straight forward. We are not stupid.

Wrestling has come a long way and we clap for the people we want to clap.

I have seen crowds in Boston, Houston, Miami, and Carolina's which arent great but not the worst. We all have our qualities. Sorry, Terrell, but dont hate on New york crowds because we arent scared to voice our opinions on live matches.

weargle
03-15-04, 12:31 PM
Much as I hate to say it, Philly fans are the worst in the world. Dumb, drunk *and* selfish.

wildcatlh
03-15-04, 12:41 PM
How the hell did this turn into another Philly fan bashing thread?

demonio
03-15-04, 01:01 PM
whats your thoughts on the ppv overall??

I thought it was a big letdown, the main event was the only good match on the show, I felt the Angle/Guerrero match should of been better.

No Suprises either, it didn't have that Wrestlemania feel to it, which is a shame.

GuessWho
03-15-04, 02:04 PM
stupid commentary made me LOL

Cole or Tazz said: "There's only one Rey Mysterio"

MY thoughts... since he's Rey Mysterio JUNIOR, doesnt that mean there are TWO?

Original Desmond
03-15-04, 03:46 PM
no Brett :)

Would have loved to see a Ric Flair retirement speech, he deserves that

Nabalab
03-15-04, 04:44 PM
I was at MSG last night - I agree that the Brock-Goldberg match was doomed from the start!

The loud, deafening chants of "boooooring" to "we want Bret" to "you sold out" to "na na hey hey goodbye" had me thinking that the guys were just going to break character and leave! Then again, that may have blackballed them for a possible return.

I'm amazed that it seemed like almost everyone there knew that both were leaving! Not all fans read the scoops on the net, ya know!

I'm curious how the match is going to look on the dvd and on the replay, because the WWE is notorious for inserting "different" crown reaction noises when they want to (the end of the 92 Royal Rumble with Hogan and Sid is a classic example of that!).

And if/when Goldberg ever does come back, he's gotta learn how to sell the stunner properly....LOL.

devilshalo
03-15-04, 05:03 PM
http://www.wrestlemania.com/wm_xx_results/images/22.jpg

Who's the Flash?

Original Desmond
03-15-04, 05:05 PM
Rey Mysterio jnr came out as the flash

Da Thrilla
03-15-04, 05:17 PM
For WrestleMania XX...it was poop. :thmbsdwn::thmbsdwn:

Spot Of The Night: The Ultimo Dragon takes the Ultimo tumble :lol:

Damn...The Undertaker is ripped! :eek:

And the Evening Gown Match was the most pointless match I have ever seen. Shame on Vince for letting this "match" take place. And no nudity.

Boo.

Dr. DVD
03-15-04, 05:45 PM
Here's a link to Taker's entrance for those who think it's really cool. ...like me! ;)

http://users.ev1.net/~Kanike/wmxx1.mpg

http://www.moontribes.com/images/wmxx/11.jpg

Damn constipation!

ViewAskewbian
03-15-04, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Here's a link to Taker's entrance for those who think it's really cool. ...like me! ;)

http://users.ev1.net/~Kanike/wmxx1.mpg

http://www.moontribes.com/images/wmxx/11.jpg

Damn constipation!

Taker: Texas Ranger

The Dude
03-15-04, 07:01 PM
The main event more than made up for the rest of the card (which was middling at best), and the gusher that Michaels tapped is just one of those moments that make you go DAMN!!!

Nabalab
03-15-04, 07:19 PM
The main event more than made up for the rest of the card (which was middling at best), and the gusher that Michaels tapped is just one of those moments that make you go DAMN!!!

Actually it was Hunter McMahon who tapped! That alone was worth the price of admission IMHO :)

The Dude
03-15-04, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Nabalab
Actually it was Hunter McMahon who tapped! That alone was worth the price of admission IMHO :)

And the white boots, you can't forget the white boots!

scottall
03-16-04, 01:33 PM
The Evolution vs. Rock 'N Sock was much better than I thought it would be, mostly thanks to Ric Flair. "I don't think so mother ****er, I got you now."-Ric Flair to a crawling Rock.

Couple of days late, but I just remembered that quality line.

Y2K Falcon
03-16-04, 03:55 PM
Pixy:

Congrats to your boy, Funaki, for the fastest pin in Mania history. :lol:

weargle
03-16-04, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Nabalab

Tapped the gusher = bladed.