Old 02-12-04, 07:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Laverne and Shirley comes to Lifetime

I am only posting as an FYI- For those that are interested

Official Press Release: Lifetime Television Acquires "Laverne & Shirley"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIFETIME TELEVISION ACQUIRES LAVERNE & SHIRLEY FROM PARAMOUNT TELEVISION

- Series Begins Airing March 8 -

New York Adding another popular sitcom to its daytime schedule, Lifetime Television has acquired Laverne & Shirley from Paramount Television, it was announced today by Leslie Glenn-Chesloff, Senior Vice President, Planning, Scheduling and Acquisitions, Lifetime Entertainment Services.
Beginning Monday, March 8, Laverne & Shirley airs weekdays at 11AM (ET/PT) and 12 Noon (ET/PT), joining Lifetimes comedy block of The Golden Girls, Designing Women, Mad About You and The Nanny.
Lifetimes stable of top sitcoms will grow in 2005 when Will & Grace joins the network schedule.
Theres an enormous appetite among viewers for quality, classic comedies, as demonstrated by our success with such series as The Golden Girls. We’ve also seen how well these sitcoms, like The Nanny, do with younger women. We expect that Laverne & Shirley, one of the icons of womens television, will be a popular addition to our daytime lineup, said Glenn-Chesloff.
Regularly one of televisions top-rated sitcoms, Laverne & Shirley ran on ABC from 1976-1983. The series, a spin-off of Happy Days, starred Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams as two spunky working-class women with little education and less money, but with the determination to succeed.
Old 02-12-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This was one of my shows when I was a lad. I had the opportunity to see it years later as an adult, and was surprised at how unwatchable it is now.
Old 02-12-04, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Is that the best they can do?

I was watching a few episodes of this on Nick a few years back. There's one episode where Lavern is chased around her apartment by a guy who's trying to rape her. Shirley walks in on this and she and Laverne subsequently beat the crap out of the guy. This is all set to a laugh-track.

Anyone else remember this episode? I was totally shocked by it. Who would think this was even remotely funny?

Last edited by Eric F; 02-12-04 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-13-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm suprised they haven't snagged "Maude" yet.