TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing 2/11

Old 02-12-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Wing 2/11

Um, anyone watch it last night?

Pretty lame, again. Even the episodes that have "serious" storyines are ringing false to me. Charlie asking the Prez what he would've done in WWII seemed really out of character for him.

Timely stuff on NASA though.

I am not looking forward to ANOTHER episode about Americans needing rescue in a hostile environment, nor am I happy about the prospect of seeing more Jay Mohr.
Old 02-12-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
It was fine I guess. The story Josh told about the bluesman was pretty inspirational (not enough people listen to blues maybe this will help). The one thing I really noticed in this episode was the pace of the converations. In the earlier seasons the dialogue was so fast paced and now it's just slowed to a grinding halt.
Old 02-12-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
nice to see the VP come in and bitch slap everyone with some detailed knowledge (mainly because I like the actor)
"yeah, Leo, I'm going to need that TPS report"
Old 02-12-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This was one of the better ones of the season. I guess it is all a matter of perspective - I suspected from the start that it was the Israelis who detonated the nuclear device. The automatic assumption nowadays by Americans and American leaders would be an Axis of Evil member.

The NASA storyline was good too, although the $30-40B Mars pricetag that the NASA hottie quoted is grossly underestimated.

I'm with you Meatpants re: next week's episode - the American needing rescue storyline is getting old.
Old 02-12-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The NASA chick was nice.

Other than that, kind of average. You knew it wasn't going to be a new country with the bomb, since it still has to kind of match up in real life. Some good scenes with the Iranian ambassador and nice subplot with CJ (the chicken one). I wanted Ramon Salazar to return though.
Old 02-12-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I knew I recognized the NASA babe. She was the ADA on L.A. Dragnet - Christina Chang.
Old 02-12-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
This was one of the better ones of the season. I guess it is all a matter of perspective - I suspected from the start that it was the Israelis who detonated the nuclear device. The automatic assumption nowadays by Americans and American leaders would be an Axis of Evil member.
True. I fell for the automatic assumption and was thinking, well who else would be remotely believable.

Although if the Israelis did this, I think they would have informed us -- immediately afterwards. They know enough about our satellites (because we give them intelligence) that they would know we had seen it and would be crapping bricks. Not sure if they would tell Russia and China or just leave us stuck with the problem.
Old 02-12-04, 08:31 PM

Overall, a pretty decent episode for the post-Sorkin period. I thought Josh has a few good lines. While I'm glad they've managed to bring back the funny, the thing that I miss most about the show was the furious verbal back and forth that the characters would engage in, which is glaringly absent so far this season.

I would love for CJ to go on Chris Mohr's show and bitch-slap him around a couple of times.

Oh, and one other thing, is it just me or are the writers totally not using Joshua Malina at all? I mean they make such a big deal about his character taking over for Sam and then this season, he's hardly in any shows, and when he is, he does the same thing every episode: verbally spar with Toby, try to get stuff for the VP to do. Where's the character development? Give the guy some good scenes...

Last edited by SiberianLlama; 02-12-04 at 08:37 PM.