Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : New Lone Wolf and Cub DVDs available at AnimeIgo

Pillowhead
02-11-04, 02:23 AM
Hey,

I just ordered Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades and Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril over at www.animeigo.com just a heads up for people who enjoy great samurai flicks.

25.48 a piece a bit steep but you can't buy these anywhere else.

Edit. They just added Lady Snowblood today.

DJ_Spyder
02-11-04, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up I for one have always been a samurai cinema fan and you're right 25.48 is a bit steep but I don't mind as long as Animeigo ships them on time.

The Exister
02-11-04, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! Great flicks.

Wonder if they have the rights to The Razor or Sleepy Eyes of Death...

Pillowhead
02-11-04, 10:25 AM
Lady Snowblood should almost be ready. They are taking pre-orders it seems. I'll wait until it's out though.

littlefuzzy
02-11-04, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by The Exister
Thanks for the heads-up! Great flicks.

Wonder if they have the rights to The Razor or Sleepy Eyes of Death...
You can check their site for info, I know they had the laserdisc rights for The Razor, but have since lost them (although they may be trying to get them back.)

Pillowhead
02-11-04, 09:05 PM
They just added Lady Snowblood today.

Sessa17
02-11-04, 09:18 PM
Not many DVDs I've been looking fowars to more than these. Anyone order from their website before. How fast are they with shipping?

Bruce
02-11-04, 09:52 PM
I keep debating on weither I should order these or wait until the eventual box set once they are all released.

Decisions, decisions, decisions........

Pillowhead
02-12-04, 12:04 AM
You get free shipping if it's over $50.
I'm thinking about that Lady Snowblood right now.

I don't know how fast they are with shipping, I just know that this is the only place where you can get these DVDs. They are the ones who produce them.

ALQ
02-12-04, 12:20 AM
They ship very fast.

wm lopez
02-12-04, 01:10 AM
How do they look?
The laserdics looked o.k., but since the price for the dvd is high the dvds have to look better.

Jack Torrance
02-12-04, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by wm lopez
How do they look?Here are some screenshots from part 1:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/jtorrance/hpbimg/Okami1b.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/jtorrance/hpbimg/Okami2b.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/jtorrance/hpbimg/Okami3b.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/jtorrance/hpbimg/Okami4b.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/jtorrance/hpbimg/Okami5b.jpg

Sessa17
02-12-04, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Pillowhead
I don't know how fast they are with shipping, I just know that this is the only place where you can get these DVDs. They are the ones who produce them.

This is definitely NOT true, as I didn't order the first 2 DVDs through their website. I run a comic book store & the first 2 discs are available through Diamond, our distributor & at a better discount than Animego offers. But these DVDs haven't been solicited yet, if they aren't in this months previews, then I would have to order them through the website I guess, which I would rather not do.

~~ PAL ~~
02-12-04, 03:29 PM
Initially it will only be available thru Animego at full price for the die-hard fans. Then they should be available through other distributors and retailers in several months. That's the case now for Lone Wolf and Cub 1 and 2.

Pillowhead
02-12-04, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Sessa17
This is definitely NOT true, as I didn't order the first 2 DVDs through their website. I run a comic book store & the first 2 discs are available through Diamond, our distributor & at a better discount than Animego offers. But these DVDs haven't been solicited yet, if they aren't in this months previews, then I would have to order them through the website I guess, which I would rather not do.

Maybe I should have specified "Right now this is the only place where you can get the dvds".

Also, can you point out a place that currently has Sword of Vengeance and Baby Cart at the River Styx in stock? I would love to hear where they are available in stock and ready to ship. The other two aren't available anywhere else other than AnimeIgo right now.

majorjoe23
02-12-04, 04:35 PM
Amazon has the first two volumes in stock for slightly more than Animeigo, but they do have free shipping. There are also people selling selling sealed copies of Vol. 1 for $16.99 and Vol. 2 for 20.89 in their New & Used sections.

Correction: Vol. 2 is in their New & Used section, but Amazon itself has Vol. 2 listed as Special Order.

Pillowhead
02-12-04, 05:25 PM
Make sure those auction ones are the ones from AnimeIgo. Some people are selling knockoffs or from lower quality source material.

Sessa17
02-12-04, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Pillowhead
Also, can you point out a place that currently has Sword of Vengeance and Baby Cart at the River Styx in stock? I would love to hear where they are available in stock and ready to ship. The other two aren't available anywhere else other than AnimeIgo right now.

Sure, my comic book store has both in stock. But we don't do mail orders. They sell very well at my store, even for the steep price we have them at.

STEVEIGNORANT
02-12-04, 06:33 PM
I got my copies through cd universe in August of last year. I ordered both zato meets yojimbo and sword of vengeance and received them both. This was way before they went on backorder there though. Baby cart at the river styx I got off ebay. I have seen sword of vengeance for sale at my local indie dvd store as well as zato meets yojimbo and sword of vengeance at my local suncoast. Animeigo are extremely fast with shipping. Free priority mail on 50.00 or more. Ordered zato at large and fire festival on tuesday afternoon, they were in my mailbox on saturday. Tomorrow I am expecting the next 2 lone wolfs and next tuesday lady snowblood and zato in desperation. Yay me!

Rat Faced Killa
02-12-04, 09:42 PM
Placing an order for these discs tomorrow. I've recently got LW & C 1 and 2 and they blew me away. I own their Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo disc, as well as 7 of the H/V Zatoichi, so I think I can wait on the other 4 Animeigo just released. They are all approximately the same anyway. :)

wm lopez
02-13-04, 01:26 AM
Those are great pics.
I don't remember the laserdiscs looking that good.

Mondo Kane
02-13-04, 01:34 AM
You should've posted some gory pics to show how rich the blood looks!

jmstone18
02-13-04, 01:16 PM
You can also preorder LONE WOLF & CUB-BABY CART TO HADES at DDD for $16.20 but it is scheduled for release in May.
Also if you like this genre you can preorder Zatoichi The Outlaw and Festival of Fire for $16.19. They also have SHINTARO KATSU'S ZATOICHI which is the last Zatoichi film made with the original actor and it is only $11.98.
Of course I really can't wait for Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi, the trailer looks awesome.