NYPD Blue "You Da Bomb" -- 02.10.2004

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You Da Bomb

Andy's mettle is tested after a desperate father (William Francis McGuire) carrying a bomb cuffs himself to Connie on the orders of a Russian mobster who has kidnapped his child. Meanwhile, John and Devlin's romance takes a turn for the worse, thanks to the negative side effects of her antidepressants. Devlin: Chandra West. Ilya: Mark Ivanir. Barry: Richard Kline.
I really liked this episode. This is one of the reasons i'm holding out hope that Bochco reconsiders ending at 12. As he said:
"Should we do brilliantly, and circumstances change, we would be delighted to revisit the possibility of life beyond 12 seasons,'' he said in a statement.
Hell, the original Law & Order has been on for how long now..?

And, even if ABC considers doing the same thing they did [replacing it with Line Of Fire for the winter], I wouldn't have any problem with that...
Old 02-10-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn, that was the best ep I can remember in a long time. The entire cast was excellent. Charlotte Ross was fantastic and Dennis Franz brought out the old school Sipowicz for a little bit. I didn't think anyone major was going to die, but I was still on the edge of my sit for a little bit.

Poor Clark - no more booty from the hot doc.
Old 02-10-04, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I thought this was a great episode also. I agree that Charlotte Ross was excellent and it's great to see the old school Sipowicz every now and again. It was still a pretty intense episode even though none of the main cast were gonna die. I just realized that Baldwin wasn't in this episode at all.

It's great that nypd blue is back though!
Old 02-10-04, 11:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good episode.

Mark Ivanir has to have the record now for most times guest starring as a russian mobster on TV. He has Blue, Boomtown, 24 and I think a few others.
Old 02-10-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who got naked? Please tell me it wasn't Medevoy or Andy.
Old 02-11-04, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by bigjim25
Who got naked? Please tell me it wasn't Medevoy or Andy.

Clark's girlfriend.

What a great episode. I loved it. Great to have Blue back. They did as a good a job with the Russian mafia storyline as when Law & Order dealed with it several years ago. I can only wonder if that is the last we will see of it.
Old 02-11-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
So did anyone have a local affiliate that aired the edited episode? The St. Louis affiliate aired the unedited ep (as far as I can tell).
Old 02-11-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only bad part was that it took 38 minutes for Andy to punch someone. Great to have Blue back.
Old 02-12-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
DITTO. GREAT to have it back where it belongs. Still better than 90% of regular TV, so I too hope next season is not the last...