Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : SMALLVILLE S1: missing booklet...

highdef
02-10-04, 11:41 AM
Anyone else missing an insert booklet with this collection?
How do I go about getting a replacement?

Anyone?

bodomnet
02-10-04, 12:29 PM
Call the studio? or take the DVD back to where you got it and ask them to check another maybe... see if any others are missing.

bigjim25
02-10-04, 02:54 PM
Mine was also missing the book. I replaced it and it also had no book.

highdef
02-10-04, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the responses.
Does anyone with this set have a booklet?

Eplicon
02-10-04, 07:49 PM
The booklet resembles a yearbook in that the cover says "Smalllville High Season 01" on it, complete with its mascot, the crow.

Inside there's a brief note from the show's producers, cast info, plus a mini-episode guide with pictures, the original airdate of each episode, chapter listings, and director/writer info.

highdef
02-10-04, 07:53 PM
Thanks, Eplicon.
Does anyone have Warner Home Video contact info?
Several other people that I know with this set
are also missing the booklet. Since the discs
are fine I would hate to have to return the entire
collection and gamble that a new set would have the
booklet enclosed. Thanks...

Eplicon
02-10-04, 08:16 PM
Try this:

http://shopwarnervideo.com/store/st.handler.asp?sslist='WHV'&doc_type=CSP#VRETU

Contacting the Customer Service Department

You can reach customer service by e-mail, telephone or regular mail. Our representatives are available to answer your phone calls between the hours of 8:00 AM and Midnight Monday through Friday, Saturday from 8:30am to 7:00pm, and Sunday from 10:30am to 7:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (except holidays).

E-mail address: whvcustserv@emsi.echomail.com.

Phone Number: (800) 364-6928

Regular Mail:

Warner Home Video
P.O. Box 30620
Tampa, FL 33630-0620

highdef
02-10-04, 08:25 PM
Thank you, Eplicon.

ms.crab
04-25-04, 10:28 AM
I just received Smallville Season 1 from Columbia House. It too is missing the booklet. Has anyone had success getting WB to replace it?

Thanks

highdef
04-25-04, 12:29 PM
It took me several weeks to get a replacement, but it did eventually arrive. Follow the post from Eplicon as it worked
for me. Be patient...

ClarkKentKY
04-25-04, 12:54 PM
I have an extra booklet if anyone wants to trade for it...

Email Clarkkentky at AOL dot com

ms.crab
04-26-04, 11:15 AM
I called the number. The lady said since I didn't order it through the WB Store, there was nothing she could do. I'd have to deal with Columbia House. I'd hate to have to replace the whole set. Did you guys call or use e-mail ?

SuprVgeta
04-27-04, 09:47 PM
I also ordered a Smallville S1 (From CH) and had the booklet missing. I just emailed that address that was posted earlier, and I'll let you know the response when I receive one.

niiyama
04-30-04, 03:54 PM
highdef

How did you get the insert? I called the phone number and the CSR said to exchange it. I called Columbia House and they said the set is not supposed to have an insert, which is incorrect.

Did you email them, and if so, what did you write to successfully recieve an insert?

Thanks in advance,
niiyama

highdef
05-01-04, 05:09 PM
I called the number, told them about the missing booklet, and they sent one out to me. It did take some time but it did eventually arrive. Try again.

greendaynfg
05-01-04, 10:08 PM
the booklet is actually cool. they made it look like a smallville high yearbook.

not to rub it in or anything...

Mr. Cinema
05-02-04, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I have an extra booklet if anyone wants to trade for it...

Email Clarkkentky at AOL dot com

You mean you would actually make someone TRADE something...for a booklet?

ClarkKentKY
05-02-04, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cinema
You mean you would actually make someone TRADE something...for a booklet?

Don't like it, Don't trade for it. I'm fine with leaving it on my shelf gathering dust. And i'm not "making" anyone do crap, I'm simply offering it as an option.

niiyama
05-03-04, 03:11 AM
Did you order the DVDs from them or somewhere else?

I ordered mine from Columbia House.

Originally posted by highdef
I called the number, told them about the missing booklet, and they sent one out to me. It did take some time but it did eventually arrive. Try again.

SuprVgeta
05-05-04, 04:48 AM
I'm still yet to receive any word back from that email, looks like I'll have to end up calling them, guess i'll do it when i receive my replacement from CH which i'm sure will also be missing the booklet.

SuprVgeta
05-15-04, 06:16 PM
Just called Warner's customer service number and was told that I would have to return my Smallville S1 set back to Columbia House (already did this, and the replacement was also missing the booklet) and then buy it directly from them, or someplace else to obtain the insert booklet. Highdef, where did you buy yours from (or where did you tell them you bought it from :) ) in order to obtain the insert booklet?

highdef
05-15-04, 06:51 PM
I purchased it from DVDEMPIRE.
I sent back the original set only to receive a replacement
that too was missing the booklet. I guess that I was lucky
with the rep from Warner Bros. when I expressed my disappointment over the missing insert. They did indeed
send me a replacement so don't give up.

SuprVgeta
05-15-04, 08:12 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll give them another call tomorrow and hope that I get a more "compassionate" representative ;)

Sweet Baby James
05-15-04, 09:46 PM
Play hardball. Tell them that you won't buy Season 2 on Tuesday if they don't cough up the insert for Season 1.:)

SuprVgeta
05-16-04, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Sweet Baby James
Play hardball. Tell them that you won't buy Season 2 on Tuesday if they don't cough up the insert for Season 1.:)
Lol, too late, I already have it pre-ordered from CH for a couple weeks now ;). If Season 2 doesn't have a booklet then I don't know what the heck is going on. I'm definitely not giving up on this though.

bigjim25
05-24-04, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SuprVgeta Lol, too late, I already have it pre-ordered from CH for a couple weeks now ;). If Season 2 doesn't have a booklet then I don't know what the heck is going on.
Got my Season 2 from CH and it does have a book. Now if I could only get one for S1.

SuprVgeta
05-26-04, 02:57 AM
Yeah I hear that, I still haven't even gotten my pre-ordered SV Season 2 yet, hopefully it will have a booklet too. I'd really like to get my season 1 booklet though...

oros
05-30-04, 05:26 PM
I have spoken to them today. The representative said that I should e-mail to ask for the booklet, because they only handle orders placed with them. Apparently the people handling all the e-mail questions are a different department and they should be able to help.

SuprVgeta
06-01-04, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by oros
I have spoken to them today. The representative said that I should e-mail to ask for the booklet, because they only handle orders placed with them. Apparently the people handling all the e-mail questions are a different department and they should be able to help.
Who did you talk to? Columbia House or Warner Bros? I contacted Warner Bros. a couple of times, and then finally got them to understand what I was asking for (they were pretty dense), and I haven't heard anything back from them since I made it clear i was just looking for a booklet, not a replacement for my set. I even tried re-sending my exact same email 3 times to Warner Bros. still nothing.

oros
06-03-04, 01:07 PM
I have spoken to Warner Brothers.
I received an e-mail from them yesterday asking if I have tried to return the set at the place where I've bought it. I told them that I did return it once, but the second set also did not include the booklet.
So, now I'm waiting to see what they say.