Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Mature Forum Links

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Mature Forum Links

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-04, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mature Forum Links

Ok I had a link in my sig to a link in the mature forum (that had no nudity or anything obscene by the way but its in the mature forum so I guess its mature) that was in my sig. This was later edited to something along the lines of not to post links to the mature forum which I had no idea wasn't allowed. Where exactly is this rule and am I missing a set of rules that aren't in the ones that I've seen so far?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=328480

Old 02-03-04, 05:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus

That's a good question. It used to be in a stickied thread at the top of the Mature Forum. I can't seem to find that thread now.

It should make sense that linking to a thread in Mature outside of the Mature Forum wouldn't be allowed. Not all of our members are over 18. Also, those of us who browse DVDTalk from work might not appreciate clicking on a link and ending up in a thread with adult advertising.
Old 02-03-04, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Mature Forum Links

Originally posted by Oni$yphon
Ok I had a link in my sig to a link in the mature forum (that had no nudity or anything obscene by the way but its in the mature forum
doesnt really matter if that link it to a thread with nudity or obscenity.. once you hit the mature forum, you get the adult ads at the top of the page.. and they are very work unfriendly.

I dont know the exact rule.. and you would have to ask the mods.. but you might be able to get away with it.. if you also include a big disclaimer in your sig saying that the link is heading to the mature area..
Old 02-03-04, 07:08 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The mods made me take down the link to the picture of my Wang for similar reasons:

Groucho's Wang
Old 02-03-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
The mods made me take down the link to the picture of my Wang for similar reasons:

Groucho's Wang
It looks small and useless.
Old 02-03-04, 12:27 PM

Re: Re: Mature Forum Links

Originally posted by twikoff
doesnt really matter if that link it to a thread with nudity or obscenity.. once you hit the mature forum, you get the adult ads at the top of the page.. and they are very work unfriendly.

I dont know the exact rule.. and you would have to ask the mods.. but you might be able to get away with it.. if you also include a big disclaimer in your sig saying that the link is heading to the mature area..
Oh I know the fact that its in the mature area that it would fall under the other rules for linking to threads in the mature area I just didn't know there was a rule on it.

lol@ Scorcho