Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

office space SE cont.

office space SE cont.

Old 02-01-04, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
office space SE cont.

sorry for the restart of a thread that has been the cause of so much hostility it seems, but i thought i'd throw this in the mix since i didn't see any mention after using the holy grail, i mean the search function...

from joblo.com, take is as you will...

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=3450

Mike Judge, creator of "Beavis and Butthead," took a long break from film after directing the cult classic OFFICE SPACE in 1999. He's worked on his Fox TV series "King of the Hill" but nothing to follow in the big footsteps of OFFICE - until now. Judge has set Luke Wilson to star in his second film, the comedy 3001. Wilson will star as an average Joe who signs up for a government project that will test human hibernation. He wakes up 1000 years later to find American society so dumbed down he's the smartest man alive. Filming is scheduled to begin in April for an early 2005 release. Wilson had a hit with 2003's comedy OLD SCHOOL but when he tried to get back to the romantic comedy genre with ALEX AND EMMA, he failed miserably. Wilson recently wrapped filming on THE WENDALL BAKER STORY, which marked his directorial debut (he also starred in the title role). Later this year he will cameo with brother Owen in AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS as the Wright Bros. Judge has said he plans to eventually release a special edition DVD of OFFICE SPACE when he has the time. Umm-kay?
Old 02-01-04, 11:01 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

The hostility in your first thread was only because you didn't put a question mark in the subject line of the thread. If people see a thread called, "Office Space SE," it makes it seem like someone is announcing that a special edition of Office Space has been announced. Putting "Office Space SE?" lets everyone know you're asking if anyone has any information. Just so people don't get their hopes up.
Old 02-01-04, 11:02 AM
Suspended

and you still didn't insert a "?" after all that
Old 02-01-04, 11:33 AM

pay attention

elise, i didn't start the original thread, and lcnickell, i didn't use a "?" for this thread because i wasn't asking about an SE, i was posting possible information about one...
Old 02-01-04, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This guy is clearly simply trying to start the same thing over again.
Old 02-01-04, 01:56 PM

Futurama + Office Space = 3001
Old 02-01-04, 03:25 PM
Banned

So many trolls getting their panties in a wad over a question mark.
Old 02-01-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by elise
The hostility in your first thread was only because you didn't put a question mark in the subject line of the thread. If people see a thread called, "Office Space SE," it makes it seem like someone is announcing that a special edition of Office Space has been announced. Putting "Office Space SE?" lets everyone know you're asking if anyone has any information. Just so people don't get their hopes up.
As I did when I saw this thread. I didn't read the last thread, so I don't know what went on there, but please let me take this opportunity to throw in with elise and anyone else who seeks to educate about the use of the question mark.
Old 02-01-04, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by evenswr
As I did when I saw this thread. I didn't read the last thread, so I don't know what went on there, but please let me take this opportunity to throw in with elise and anyone else who seeks to educate about the use of the question mark.
And let me throw in with those who realize how much bull this is - this person (WHO DID NOT START THE OTHER THREAD) provided information (though not a lot, I still appreciate that fact).

Congrats, dyevin, on your excellent non use of a question mark.

Too bad Judge couldn't give a date, huh.
Old 02-01-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd just like to point out, now that I have the opportunity, that I wasn't trying to be an A-hole before. I don't consider myself a snob or a newbie-hater. I was just jokin'. Thank you and good night.

I would also like a special edition of this movie, but I have the current one to tide me over.

K
Old 02-01-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ScottReynolds
And let me throw in with those who realize how much bull this is - this person (WHO DID NOT START THE OTHER THREAD) provided information (though not a lot, I still appreciate that fact).
Why, you're absolutely right. I stand corrected. I guess I'd prefer a subject line that indicates that the news on the SE is as vague as humanly possible, but the question mark would be incorrect. I have officially recinded from taking sides on the question mark debate.

I suggest a subject line like: Office Space:SE coming! Someday...

Old 02-01-04, 04:53 PM

Good subject line.

I can see why some people might take this as non-information - but like many people, I really want a good SE of this movie. Previous threads have always said it had long been rumored; at least we know its still on the burner somewhere.
Old 02-01-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This isn't news. Judge has been saying that for years. And "when he has more time" is code for "when the studio offers him more money."
Old 02-01-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I almost posted this little blurb in the last thread, but it closed on me. Not really news, but at least we know Judge wants to do it.
Old 02-01-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JestersTear
So many trolls getting their panties in a wad over a question mark.
Trolls huh? I thought a troll was just someone who only like to start $h!t up now and then and when not doing that they just kinda hide out and wait? A good number of the people in the other thread have been posted way more than you and I'm sure they have been here longer....I know I sure have.

It's common sense to start use a question mark. It's also common sense not to start part 2 of a thread so soon after the other one got ugly...doesn't matter if it was a different starter this time.

I don't think we'll see an Office Space SE and I'm pretty bummed out about that. I'm sure we'll see a hundred more thread these past two......before we ever see the DVD.
Old 02-02-04, 12:57 AM

I would think it's common sense to not get yourself so worked up about a thread title that clicking the link and seeing it isn't what you thought it was will prompt you to write a pissy reply.
Old 02-02-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I believe when Mike Judge said "when he has the time", he really meant "when Fox is ready to pay".
Old 02-02-04, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jesus Christ, can we just get a "Complain About Question Marks" subforum to go along with the "DVD Inserts" subforum? Whining about question marks seems to take up more space here than insert discussion did while it lasted. From the way people whine about it, you'd think it was a massive strain to spend 5 seconds clicking a link that didn't contain what you hoped it might. Much more time is wasted by the membership of the forum as a whole when every thread has 5 posts in row that are just whining about the lack of a question mark in the subject line.

DJ
Old 02-02-04, 03:29 AM

I'm glad I started started this revolution. Now embrace me as your king.
Old 02-02-04, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrBumpo
Well done, newbie, well done . . .
Old 02-02-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[Obi-Wan]You are a quick one, my young padawan learner.[/Obi-Wan]
Old 02-02-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts