Nicholas Meyer signing DVD's @ Borders

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-04, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from the Nicholas Meyer dvd signing @ Borders books in San Rafael & he is very impressive! What an intelligent & engaging person. He chatted & answered questions for 1 1/2 hours & signed all dvd's, laser discs, posters, books, etc. I had him sign my Star Trek VI, Wrath of Kahn, & Time After Time dvd's. It was a really neat experience! I would not have known about it without the people posting on this site! I wanted to check in with you all. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-01-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man...I love Borders. but nobody ever wants to come here to the sticks...aka, Cowtown USA.
Old 02-01-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by gutwrencher
man...I love Borders. but nobody ever wants to come here to the sticks...aka, Cowtown USA.
Having lived in Iowa during college (Grinnell) I'd tend to call it pigtown, but that's just me.

They have people signing stuff at Borders by me, but never anyone I'm interested in seeing (or if there is, I find out about it after the fact).

Last edited by Ginwen; 02-01-04 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-01-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended one of these with Mr. Meyer as well, down in Los Angeles.

It's a shame that the now dying Star Trek franchise has under-utilized him. He is one of the few writer/directors who 'gets it.' Interestingly enough Star Trek was one of the least touched-on topics in his Q&A session, because his knowledge and interests are so broad. And rightly so.

Trek Vi is one of the better of the original crew films, along with IV and II, also involving Nick Meyer in a writing and/or directing capacity.

By the way, Meyer attended university in Iowa, for its reputedly excellent writing program. He talked about that too.