Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD and Backorders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD and Backorders

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-04, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD and Backorders

I guess I came in at the tail end of DDD's greatness. Seems everything I order lately is on backorder. I see them going the way of DVD Express. Sad. My first order with DDD was great. Had it within a week. Went downhill from there. I've been waiting a while for the first season of Law & Order SVU to ship.
Old 01-28-04, 11:41 PM
Banned

Call them up and ask them when they should expect more in. I remember doing it for a Streetfighter DVD a while back. They gave me an exact date too.
Old 01-29-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually about 30% of what I order at DDD is on backorder. I take it in stride as the prices generally cant be beat and they almost always ship out within a week or two. They are not a quick company to deal with, it has taken me over a month to get a two DVD order that apparently was lost in the mail around Xmas, but they did come through. I still havent received a replacement for a defective Lord of Flies CC that I mailed back to them around the 5th of this month.

Im still a satisfied customer but realize if I want it quick DDD is NOT the place to order from.
Old 01-29-04, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cseyer
Im still a satisfied customer but realize if I want it quick DDD is NOT the place to order from.
Exactly. I have made well over 30 purchases from them in the past 8 months or so, and knock wood, they have yet to screw up.

Extremely slow, yes, but best prices available usually, is another yes.

I have received some items within a week, and another I am still waiting for from mid-december.

Oh well, I got time.

--LVM
Old 01-29-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Usually backorders are filled relatively quickly. I just ordered the Judas Priest DVD a few days ago and it was originally on backorder. Now it is showing a ship date of 2/4. When you really need to worry is if the item disappears completely off the site. This often means they aren't getting more stock anytime soon, if ever.
Old 02-02-04, 05:26 PM

Does anybody else still have any items on backorder from the 20% sale? I'm waiting on one last title...

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally posted by Punishark
Does anybody else still have any items on backorder from the 20% sale? I'm waiting on one last title...

Thanks in advance.
I am. "Honeymooners Lost Episodes--Volume 6" On an invoice that came with a bunch of other DVDs, there was a note that reads: "This item is temporarily out of stock and will be shipped separately or you will be notified otherwise" even though on the same invoice it says that item has been shipped.

Checking their website it shows that it was shipped. My credit card statement showed that I had been charged for it. However, on the same credit card statement, it shows that I have been given a credit for this non-shipped item. When I called them two months ago, they said that they were waiting for new stock of this item to come in. If I try to buy this DVD from their site, it still indicates that they are still out of stock. I guess I'll give it another month and then give them another call. If they don't have it then, "Bang! Zoom! To the moon...!"
Old 02-04-04, 12:02 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
UPDATE:

My Honeymooners Set 6 shipped today. Coincidence or is someone from DDD reading this board?
Old 02-04-04, 12:44 PM

I just canceled that order(s) and went to CC and picked it up. I've tried to order a few other things with them and everything I try is on back order. Guess I'll have to find a new place to order from.
Old 02-10-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks in advance.
I just had my final dvd ship from the 20% sale today!
Old 02-10-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks in advance.
I had three items still on backorder from the sale as of last week. I've since cancelled two, and the third finally shipped.
Old 02-11-04, 11:47 AM

After sending them a friendly reminder email on 2/3, I finally got a non-canned response this morning that my last title shipped. Now to just fill up my wish list until the next coupon extravaganza hits! Hahaha.
Old 02-20-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been generally very pleased with DDD. My emails are responded to within 48 hours as stated in their automated confirmation upon receipt of your email.

However, I just received an order that was on back order for 11 weeks. Christmas DVDs for my daughter....well, she's enjoying them now, so I won't hold it against them.

That's by far the longest I've had to wait on a backorder, normally anywhere from a week to 3 max.
Old 02-20-04, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am still waiting for my Judas Priest "Electric Eye" that I ordered on 1/24. It was due to ship 2/4...
Old 02-20-04, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Sparrow
I've been generally very pleased with DDD. My emails are responded to within 48 hours as stated in their automated confirmation upon receipt of your email.
You've got to be kidding. 48 hours - try more like 48 DAYS. I've sent e-mail to the CS reps only to never hear back. Eventually I get fed up and just call 'em.

As for the backorders, I'm still waiting for my copy of HR Pufnstuf to ship. 2 weeks after release and nothing. And I tell you, it's starting to piss me off. What's the point of pre-ordering something well in advance if they never get them? Isnt the whole point to allow the merchant to place an accurate order with their distributors for the initial shipment?

Maybe I should call and bitch. Perhaps I can get a free upgrade to better shipping.
Old 02-21-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to point out to anyone who does not receive emails back from customer service, that for some reason AOL dumps all email from deepdiscountdvd.com. It doesn't go to a spam folder and it never gets to you. It's a possibility that other ISP's are doing the same thing. I always get CS responses within 2 days.
Old 02-27-04, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I have had an item on backorder since Nov. 29. Who knows if it will ever come.
Old 03-01-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Longest backorder has been a little over a month for me.
Old 03-01-04, 08:22 PM

Now Sailor Moon showed up as backorder..both vol.1 and vol.2..I am sad..my Blue Seed Beyond is fine..but my Sailor Moon isn't..I hope I get that "magic" and it ships tomorrow or the day after..
Old 09-27-04, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread. I'm new to DDD but after reading much praise about it here, I gave it a shot.

I preordered the new WWE Eddie Guerrero DVD on 9/13 and it says it will be shipped 9/21. But it hasn't. The DVD comes out Tuesday. I haven't gotten an email saying it shipped but according to my CC, the price has been charged. But on the DDD website, it does not show it. I know Preorders take a while or something, so I'm not concerned about that one for the time being.

I then ordered two copies of Grease on 9/14. They were both backordered with a shipdate of 9/24. I recently received one copy last week, Tuesday I believe. My CC account shows that the price for one was charged, $9.36. Which is cool. Also, I did receive an e-mail from them stating that this one had shipped for said price.

But my DDD account still shows 2 copies on Backorder with no price charged. My concern is that they will ship me TWO MORE copies of the DVD, when I only need one more. ANd that I will be charged $18.72 on my card instead of the other $9.36 it should be.

Um, did that make any sense? Anyone know what I mean or been in this type of situation? Any comments/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-27-04, 09:34 AM

If you are checking status on the web site just be aware that it is not always up to date. Like other parts of DDD, the updating of status has also sadly gone downhill.
Old 09-27-04, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
I see. OK, thanks. Good thing to know.
Old 02-23-08, 01:08 PM

Bump for deep discount in general
and does it vary completely on a DVD to DVD basis?

the reason I am asking is that I ordered 3 DVDs
one was in stock the other two not
the next day I got an e-mail saying one of the backorder ones shipped with the in stock one

I have received them timely and enjoyed them however the other dvd remains on backorder. It is Bamboozled if anyone is curious. How long should I expect it to be on backorder? I ordered it on the 13th of February. when I ordered it said should SHIP BY the 20th. I am fine with waiting and I will soon resort to calling them just want to get words from the forum.

-chile
Old 02-24-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow i actually thought this was a new thread.
Old 02-24-08, 06:47 AM

Deep Discount didn't go the way of DVD Express luckily.

As for the thread bumper, I added Bamboozled to my cart and it says, " This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 02/28/2008," so you might have a couple more days. If you want the movie and like the price you got I'd just wait until then if you're in no hurry to get it.