TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Line of Fire - 01/27/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Line of Fire - 01/27/04

"Mother and Child Reunion"

An armed elementary-school student takes Jennifer's daughter, Joanie, hostage; Malloy finds out his wife's cousin was beaten at the brothel; Stubbin's teenage son lands in jail.

Cast: Leslie Bibb, David Paymer, Anson Mount, Jeffrey Sams, Brian Goodman, Julie Ann Emery , Michael Irby, Kristen Shaw, Leslie Hope, Jazsmin Lewis, Jaycee Porter, Polly Cusumano, Rita Taggert, Aaron Paul, Jennifer Stone, Ray Bolton, Peter MacDissi, Lori Petty, Brian Goodman, Sydney Walsh.
Director(s): Kevin Hooks.
Producer(s): Rod Lurie, Marc Frydman, Jeff Melvoin.
Writer(s): Reed Steiner, Chris Mundy .
Old 01-27-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The sub-plot involving Sampson was great as usual. I also really involved the sub-plot involving Stubbins. Now the continuing story of Mrs. Malloy's cousin is just stupid, imo - worst part of the show.

Julie Ann Emery continues to show that she is the strongest part of the show. She was spot-on perfect tonight.

It was interesting to see Stubbins show some emotion and admit his faults while trying to teach his son an important lesson in life.

Does anyone remember when Lori Petty used to be cute (circa Point Break)? What the hell happened to her, besides aging badly? I'm assuming drugs...

I'm going to miss this show, but I am excited to have Blue back soon. Is this show going to have new eps this summer? Or has ABC not decided what it is going to do w/ it as of yet?
Old 01-28-04, 12:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I was waiting for Sampson to reenact Denzel's hostage scene from The Siege

I love how Malloy took the payoff instead of having Roy hurt the guy who beat up his wife's cousin. His wife is the weak link of the show.

They didn't advertise next week as the season or series finale so I wonder what they're going to do.
Old 01-28-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by MrX

They didn't advertise next week as the season or series finale so I wonder what they're going to do.

My guess is a summer burn-off. I think 13 episodes were made. I don't anticipate it getting picked up for next season.
Old 01-28-04, 08:42 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
My guess is a summer burn-off. I think 13 episodes were made. I don't anticipate it getting picked up for next season.

Same here. That is why I stopped watching it. Maybe I'll be wrong and regret it?
Old 01-28-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh
Same here. That is why I stopped watching it. Maybe I'll be wrong and regret it?

I don't think you've missed much. I didn't really care for the last several episodes.
Old 01-31-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was by far the weakest. I thought that it was going to be more of a continuing thread of undercover work against Malloy, but it has just turned into a regular crime of a week series. It showed great promise at first, but now it is really weak.

There is not enough of Malloy and the UC Agent working from the inside to take him down. I can't even remember his name, since he was barely in this episode.
Old 01-31-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The UC guy is Roy.
Old 01-31-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right, Roy! I want more Roy!