Curb Your Enthusiasm 1/25/04

Old 01-25-04, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curb Your Enthusiasm 1/25/04

YOU CRAP STANDING UP!?!
Old 01-25-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm. Strange episode. The situations Larry finds himself in are becoming a bit unbelievable. Why would anyone get upset that a man has a photograph of his tooth INSIDE HIS COAT POCKET? That was a big, big stretch. Of course, the show was still damn_funny.

And is it just me, or did Super Dave Osbourne get some serious work done on his face (particularly his eyes)? Between that and the obvious rug, the man obviously isn't going into old age without a fight.
Old 01-25-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh damn, I was laughing pretty hard when Larry fell into the toilet. Very funny episode for me.
Old 01-25-04, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree this was a good episode- But the tooth scenerio was a little too much.
I just hope that it does not go down hill now that David "I am boring and really need more $$ after friends" Schwimmer does not destroy the pace of the show.
Old 01-25-04, 11:58 PM

I got a question.....

Did anyone else hear audible offstage laughing after Larry fell into the toilet and uttered the phrase "AHHHHHHH did you leave the seat up?"

I ran that back and forth on the TIVO several times and it sounds like audible laughter coming from the crew.

Am I the only one who heard this?
Old 01-26-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These situations are definitely getting less believable.

The shoe thing really drove me nuts. Why wouldn't they give him his shoe back? Who would do that?

Still, it was funny... just not up to the show's standards. I'm starting to hope this season is the last.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 01-26-04 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-26-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved the weatherman golf conspiracy. "A jetstream of bullshit". LOL!
Old 01-26-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Numanoid
Hmmm. Strange episode. The situations Larry finds himself in are becoming a bit unbelievable.
I'd say even more than a bit. First the picture, then the overreaction to the picture. An LA weatherman predicting rain? And is this guy the only weatherman in LA that nobody would show up at the golf course?

The only thing I did find really funny was the opening scene with the hygenist and they barely used it. Time to bring back Richard Lewis.

Last edited by Roto; 01-26-04 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-26-04, 12:13 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was a lot of funny parts this week, but that ending was horrible. The standing ovation and the rain were as bad as anything I've ever seen on Curb.
Old 01-26-04, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dworlow
I got a question.....

Did anyone else hear audible offstage laughing after Larry fell into the toilet and uttered the phrase "AHHHHHHH did you leave the seat up?"

I ran that back and forth on the TIVO several times and it sounds like audible laughter coming from the crew.

Am I the only one who heard this?
I went back and played it on my vhs tape after you pointed it out, and yes I did hear offstage laughter. I didn't catch it the first because I must of been laughing too.
Old 01-26-04, 01:30 AM

I am a big fan of the show, but this episode didnt have me laughing.

Once Larry got up in the middle of the night, I knew he was gonna fall in the toilet and I knew he was gonna end up golfing in the rain @ the end. Everything seemed to predictable.

The overeaction to the tooth picture was just terrible.
Old 01-26-04, 07:19 AM

There was something really odd about this episode. I'm trying to figure out what it is. I think that for once most of the plot turns were based on something that was someone else's fault as opposed to Larry's inadvertant misunderstanding (the lone exception being the picture in the jacket pocket). Because of this this felt like it should have been a two part episode as a number of things never really came back to haunt Larry like they usually do: the tiffs with Suzy (ruined shoe, terrible cooking), the fact that everyone knows he pees sitting down, the hygenist etc etc.
Old 01-26-04, 08:58 AM

AHHHH! SOAKED....HURT MY BACK....soaked.............
Old 01-26-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only laughed twice-- once at Larry chewing out Cheryl for leaving the seat up (just because the common man-woman situation was reversed) and the second tim at the "Do you crap standing up line?"

I just found this episode to be mostly forced. In fact, the whole season has felt this way.
Old 01-26-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i thought it was great.

funniest line in a while, "there's a jetstream of bullshit coming out o fyour mouth, my friend." the delivery, i about died.
Old 01-26-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

With this show, it's alway about being in the moment. Sure, if you step back and examine how Larry gets into these situation, it seems forced, but when the moment blows up in his face, it's funny stuff!
Old 01-26-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
With this show, it's alway about being in the moment. Sure, if you step back and examine how Larry gets into these situation, it seems forced, but when the moment blows up in his face, it's funny stuff!
I agree about the previous seasons, but for some reason this season hasn't had the same "payoff" for me.

I think it is perhaps because they are trying to cram too much in every episode now. In previous seasons, Larry might have a run-in with someone and you just knew that he would get some kind of come-uppance or confrontation in the end.

In this episode you had the conflict with the dentist, the hygienist, the Russian guy, the weatherman, Suzy, Suzy's daughter, etc. Instead of focusing on 1 or 2 conflicts there was just too much going on, so I don't feel like I am getting a nice pay-off in the end.

Last edited by Jadzia; 01-26-04 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-26-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by deadlax
i thought it was great.

funniest line in a while, "there's a jetstream of bullshit coming out of your mouth, my friend." the delivery, i about died.
OK, I'll admit I laughed at that line

Another thing I couldn't buy was Larry telling everyone that he pees sitting down. If he were a true Costanza he would get caught Plus they just did the bathroom with no lock bit a few shows ago.
Old 01-26-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I agree with most of the sentiments here. OK, a few isolated funny moments, but most of it just too "out there" (e.g. not giving him his shoe back when he was leaving). And the ending was predictable from about half-way through the show. Funny, but something just seems off...
Old 01-26-04, 02:10 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

It'd be interesting if they tried to throw more continuity into the episodes. A lot of people here, myself included, feel there's too many situations and they're not being allowed to be properly resolved. They really need to try a more leisurely pace. The fact that they're packing so much into every episode is what makes it feel so forced.
Old 01-26-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What relationship is Super Dave to Jeff and Suzie? I think that I must have missed that part.

Overall, kinda dissapointing. The jet stream line was one of the funniest that I have heard in a long time...
Old 01-26-04, 10:00 PM

Anyone else like the physical comedy of Larry with a cane? I've never really seen him do physical comedy before; his walking mannerism was the perfect grumpy old man, Larry in 20 years.
Old 01-27-04, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is Jeff's wife a new actress this season?
Old 01-27-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No, I think Susie is the Susie from previous seasons. Same ol' loud-mouth beeyotch.
Old 01-27-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

she looks a little different..great character though,,, with those shiny beaded sport shirts

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.