Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anybody have experience with JVC XV-1000BK DVD player?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A co-worker of my wife just got a new DVD player and offered us her old one for $20. She was gonna sell it on Ebay, but my wife expressed interest because we've been looking for a cheap but relatively durable spare one to put in our daughters' room.

The DVD player she has is a JVC XV-1000BK. I've tried to find information about it online, but all I can find is a few reviews that are years old with very little detail. I realize this is an older player so will it have problems with newer DVDs as I expect it might? Is there an update for it? I have also heard tell that it might be able to be hacked to play DVDs from other regions, but have no clue about those type of things.

So if anybody can share their experiences and let me know what they think about this older model, it would be much appreciated. I'm leaning toward buying it from her anyways, but would like more information before I do because even if it is just $20, I don't want to end up wasting money that could go toward a better cheap player. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No DTS bulit in...just DD.

This JVC DVD player has a JVC P.E.M. D.D. Converter: 1-bit operation, JVC VANS noise sharper and Fine Pulse Interface combine to achieve high performance and sound quality. It comes with separate po...wer supplies for analog and digital circuitry. It also has an optical digital output for Dolby Digital (AC-3). Comes with AV Compu Link for integrated operation with compatible JVC TVs and audio components and a compatible remote control.

Plus, you could easily get a new player for about 10 bucks more @ a Costco or Sam's. Like someone said earlier in a different thread, keep the receipt if it ever breaks, you will most likely get a full refund.
Old 01-28-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So no one has ever owned one of these to give me a first-hand account of how they are and if they were happy with it? Oh well.