Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Live/ Top Spin problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Xbox Live/ Top Spin problems

I can't seem to get a match going with someone on my 'friends' list. It doesn't matter if I invite him or he invites me. It will get to the connecting screen, I can see him and hear him over the communicator(and vice versa) but it just hangs on the connecting screen. Never loads the game.

I can play anyone else on live/Top Spin fine, so can he. But when we try and play each other it never works. I tried the X-box live forums and only a handful of the threads will actually open for me. I'm batting a thousand with MS products this evening.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem or have a solution? Thanks.
Old 01-23-04, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same exact problem with Tiger Woods 2004 on the PS2!

Spent almost 5 hours trying to troubleshoot this with no answer in sight.

I'd be very interested to hear if you resolve your issue and how.
Old 01-25-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
My friend and I had exactly the same problem last night. The only way I could play him was in an official match, which are not private. I had to have him on the phone and have him jump in the second I created an offical match, and still it took a few times because other people would slip in before him sometimes. This is nuts; I'll call their customer support line today or tomorrow.
Old 01-25-04, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the least of XSN's problems right now.

Rainbow 6's stat tracking problem is making other games (most notably Links) worthless to play right now. And it will another two to three weeks, at a minimum, before the issue is resolved and scores from the other games are recorded properly.
Old 01-25-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Yeah, I got on the xboxlive site and apparently this is a widespread problem with live. None of the stats are recording right or at all in Top Spin. One day you could be ranked 20,000 and the next day be in the top 10. Microsoft needs to get this fixed. And the friends thing is the most annoying, I mean I can't play someone 5 minutes down the road but I can play someone halfway around the globe. That just isn't right.

This could hurt sales too if it becomes common knowledge. My brother was going to possibly pick up Top Spin so we can play on live, but since we can't why bother?

I haven't even bothered with live since I read all this. If it isn't keeping track, who cares? I'll play the computer, finish all the tournaments and make some money.
Old 01-25-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
I called CS at 800-4MY-XBOX (cute, no?). The guy was completely useless, which is sorta what I was expecting. Michael, I read him your post as well just to show him I wasn't the only one with this problem. After a few minutes he asked "Is Top Spin a Microsoft Studios game?"
Anyways, he didn't see any postings about this issue and I'm no closer to finding a solution (maybe using XSN?). Anyways, if anyone else wants to bug them, call any day 8 AM - MN CST.