Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about Smallville

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-04, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Smallville

I don't follow the show much, but I do get to watch an episode or two when I'm not so busy. It's a good TV series though.

I was wondering if earlier episodes explained why there are other people in Smallville with "special powers".

It's obvious why Clark has it, but it doesn't make sense that other humans have these non-human powers (not that I mind since it keeps the show more interesting). So are these select people mutants? Some die and others end up in the loony bin. Either way, they keep popping up from out of nowhere.
Old 01-21-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
They usually were contaminated by Kryptonite (i.e., the day of the meteor shower when Clark landed on Earth or by being in contact with it by some odd accident).

It was done a lot in the first season.
Old 01-21-04, 09:09 PM

I thought it was strange how they didn't address how the High Pitched Voice Guy's got his powers in tonight's ep, too. Normally, they either have Chloe do her background research thing, or show what happened to give the person their powers. This week, it was just "he can do that noise, live with it."
Old 01-21-04, 09:17 PM

Thanks, that makes sense. That actually is a better explaination then why vampires keep appearing where Buffy lives. I think they said it was something due to the geographical location?

Yeah, Chloe normally does find out more research about the bad guy, which leads me to ask another question....I wonder what sources she uses. It always amuses me that she can almost find out anything about anybody. Then again, it's just a TV show.
Old 01-21-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nearly every time Chloe solves the riddle of the "freak," it's almost always through her computer (i.e., the Internet!).
Old 01-21-04, 10:22 PM

Yeah, Chloe normally does find out more research about the bad guy, which leads me to ask another question....I wonder what sources she uses. It always amuses me that she can almost find out anything about anybody. Then again, it's just a TV show.
As Eplicon said, she tends to use the internet for stuff. A few other times, she's gone into medical records and old newspaper articles, as well.
Old 01-21-04, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Fooman
Thanks, that makes sense. That actually is a better explaination then why vampires keep appearing where Buffy lives. I think they said it was something due to the geographical location?
According to the show, the Hellmouth located in Buffy's town draws monsters too it. Convienent way to have so many things show up week after week.
Old 01-22-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did mention in an earlier episode that the high number of mutants in Smallville is due to the Kryptonite meteor.