Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : JailBlazers Get Another Convict

retihsuhnt
01-21-04, 07:23 PM
Oh wait I meant pothead.

Cavs send Darius Miles to the JailBlazers for Jeff McInnis and Ruben Boumtje Boumtje.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1714703

Hey Nash what was it you said about character building? Oh yeah thats right your full of it!

El Scorcho
01-21-04, 07:25 PM
Fan-forkin-tastic.

"The Blazers like Miles' versatility and think a change of scenery may bring out his best."

Just like Kemp. :D

bigsoos
01-21-04, 07:32 PM
Miles just sucks. His lanky ass should have went to college.

El Scorcho
01-21-04, 07:37 PM
The sad part is that Miles is a better actor than ball player.

devilshalo
01-21-04, 07:50 PM
IMO, Miles would have been better suited if was able to stay with the Clippers.

Quake1028
01-21-04, 08:23 PM
The guy is still only 22 years old.

El Scorcho
01-21-04, 08:26 PM
Part of me thinks that Jermaine O'Neal may have something to do with this trade.

The Blazers gave up on him when he was 21-22 and shipped him off, only for him to become the best PF in the East.

Now they saw the opportunity to pick up an extremely athletic Darius Miles who is not much different than O'Neal athleticism-wise. Perhaps they're trying to make up for one of the franchise's largest mistakes (the largest being taking Bowie over Jordan ;) )...

Jeremy517
01-21-04, 09:11 PM
I don't remember Miles getting busted with pot. Someone refresh my mind with a link please?

It is a decent trade for Portland. McInnes was losgin almost all of his playing time. Even if Miles turns out to be... well... Darius Miles, his contract is up at the end of the year. McInnes still had another year on his contract.

Mad Dawg
01-21-04, 09:24 PM
Crap. All of those troubled players, and now they get a guy who helped that chick from Traffic steal the answers to the SATs?

edytwinky
01-21-04, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by bigsoos
Miles just sucks. His lanky ass should have went to college.

Why? He's making millions right now and not much is even expected out of him.

Bacon
01-22-04, 03:00 AM
Here's a closeup of Portland's new uniforms

;)

http://www.fabricland.co.uk/10160002.jpg

NCMojo
01-22-04, 09:23 AM
Yeah, this move for Miles makes no sense to me. I guess the thought is that essentially the Blazers are giving up next to nothing, and getting a player who could some day be a star?

For the Cavs, this is addition by subtraction. They are getting rid of all of the negative influences on Lebron.

B.A.
01-22-04, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by bigsoos
Miles just sucks. His lanky ass should have went to college. IIRC, even though he was leaning towards the NBA his test scores weren't high enough to get into St. John's anyway.

Looks like a good trade for Cleveland, imo.

retihsuhnt
01-22-04, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Perhaps they're trying to make up for one of the franchise's largest mistakes.

What trading Clyde Drexler for no one?

Originally posted by juiio
I don't remember Miles getting busted with pot. Someone refresh my mind with a link please?

I dont have a link, but his last season in LA, he was suspended for four (4) games.

Jeremy517
01-22-04, 10:58 AM
I think you're confusing him with someone else...

...or I could be totally wrong. I haven't heard anyone else mention this yet. Googling for Darius Miles and marijuana always turns up Lamar Odom :lol:

LurkerDan
01-22-04, 11:08 AM
I think he's confusing him with Odom. But Miles probably still smokes weed. :)

Jeremy517
01-22-04, 11:14 AM
Probably (especially with all the time he spent with Lamar), I just don't think he's been busted yet :)

retihsuhnt
01-22-04, 12:05 PM
Christ, saying that Darius Miles hasnt been busted is like saying the pound of pot found at 'Mighty Mouse's' house was his grandmother's.

I might be mistaken, but he no shows practices and is just another kid who was traded so that next year he is off the books. Restricted FA after this season, thus the Blazers wont match, but I doubt many teams will line up to sign the franchise over for a lazy ass.

El Scorcho
01-22-04, 12:23 PM
Miles has always come across to me as a gifted individual who takes his talents for granted and in turn, doesn't utilize them effectively.

And what the F is up with the thing he does every time he makes a basket -- you know, the putting-both-fists-on-the-forehead-as-if-they-were-horns thing? DUDE, you average 8 points a game and are considered one of the most overrated players in the game. Quit the antics and focus on the game!

I hope he immediately gets shipped with 'Sheed off to NY.

fumanstan
01-22-04, 12:26 PM
I always thought highly of Miles when he was on the Clippers and was dissapointed when he was traded. It's a shame he has yet to mature.

nickdawgy
01-22-04, 12:51 PM
El Scorcho just wet himself

mytzplyx
01-23-04, 09:00 AM
Part of me thinks that Jermaine O'Neal may have something to do with this trade.

The Blazers gave up on him when he was 21-22 and shipped him off, only for him to become the best PF in the East.

Now they saw the opportunity to pick up an extremely athletic Darius Miles who is not much different than O'Neal athleticism-wise. Perhaps they're trying to make up for one of the franchise's largest mistakes (the largest being taking Bowie over Jordan ;) )...

I think it was more of a coaching mistake that led to a franchise mistake of trading Jermaine O' Neal away. The season he was traded, Rasheed was playing out of his mind. It's pretty hard for a high school kid to get burn playing behind Rasheed. Still, a good coach should still be able to spot things like this, and perhaps tell between the players that need PT to play well and those that don't or can't.

So, it wasn't so much that Jermaine was sucking it up but rather Rasheed was just so good. Of course, Rasheed has since fallen into a CTC (cut the check) - mode, and is on a decline.

With that being said, D. Miles has had LOTS of playing time. He also doesn't seem to be that hard of a worker from what I've read. Besides, he was always showing up on my college campus (back in LA), and hitting on this one girl that lived in the dormitory next door.

tofu
01-23-04, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a cap saving move. But at least Miles has been in a movie. Not many NBAers can say that. Too bad that's really the only thing "good" that one can say about him.

El Scorcho
01-23-04, 11:43 AM
Two movies!

He had a masterful role in Van Wilder and is now partying it up in that new Perfect Score crapfest. :)

tofu
01-23-04, 06:43 PM
Two movies!

He had a masterful role in Van Wilder and is now partying it up in that new Perfect Score crapfest. :)
oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. Him and Olowakandi and Quentin Richardson.

nickdawgy
01-26-04, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by tofu
oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. Him and Olowakandi and Quentin Richardson.

Two former Clippers, one current Clipper.....what's the connection?

hahn
02-01-04, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by nickdawgy
Two former Clippers, one current Clipper.....what's the connection?

Lamar Odom was also in Van Wilder. The connection is that they were all not counting on a career in basketball so they needed a fallback job. :)