Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official XBox magazine Feb 04 #28 Contents

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Official XBox magazine Feb 04 #28 Contents

I just got my new issue today in the mail pretty good disc this month.

Playable Demos
James Bond 007 Everything or Nothing
Amped 2
Carved
Links 2004
The Suffering
Wrath Unleashed

LIVE Enabled Demos
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge

Download Center
Splinter Cell Vselka Inflitration
Max Payne 2 (2 new game modes New York Minute & Dead Man Walking)
Terminator 3:RotM (extra goodies, including some cool movie footage)
Amped (Everything open, character ranked #1)
Amped 2 (#1 Character)
Buffy: Chaos Bleeds (all levels, extra videos, additional characters)
D&D Heroes (2 level 30+ characters, loaded w/armor, weapons, and cash)

Features
Halo 2 Documentary
BC
Jade Empire Part 1 & 2
Breakdown
Dead or Alive Online
Ninja Gaiden
Old 01-20-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So RtCW and Crimson Skies are online demos? If so thats really cool
Old 01-20-04, 11:25 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It figures it's a good one this month. Received my issue today but the disc 28 was missing.

Just contacted OXM for a replacement disc.
Old 01-20-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That is a great disc. I'm trying to think if my subscription ran out. If it did I might have to go pick this one up.

Links 2004 won't play at all on my XBOX for some reason so this demo might be more of a tease than I can handle. All other games play fine but Links won't even boot up.
Old 01-20-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just got done playing through the Suffering demo, that is one freaky game. I got goosebumps
Old 01-21-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dgc
It figures it's a good one this month. Received my issue today but the disc 28 was missing.

Just contacted OXM for a replacement disc.
Mine was missing as well.

Did you actually call them at a phone number, or just use the online form?

I want to make sure I get a disc.
Old 01-21-04, 11:40 AM

Wow. Mine was missing a disc too. These guys need to get on the ball.
Old 01-21-04, 11:48 AM
Banned

I saw on other forums poeple are not getting disc with the mag. I mean damn OXM do you think people want the mag they just want the disc and they leave it out. I mean how can anyone like that crap writing and thier retarded unfunny jokes. I mean damn leaving out the part that people really want is just so worng.
Old 01-21-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by dvd-fanman

Mine was missing too, but I'm pretty sure my subscription is over anyway (date on label is Jan. 2004) and this is an extra copy, so I guess no disk for me--ah well, I'd only want it for Wolfenstein anyway.
Old 01-21-04, 06:39 PM

I think the publishers for OXM are getting the subscriptions mixed up with the ones like me who get the FREE subscription w/no disc. Because I got a disc this month and wasn't supposed to.

I really have missed getting the discs so I think I'll renew a 2 year sub.
Old 01-21-04, 07:34 PM
dgc

Originally posted by dvd-fanman

Online form.

The subcription # is the same as my original subscription# from my paid subscription which may have expired. If this is the freebee version with out the disc, I would have thought they would use a new subscription number.

If you have an active paid disc membership and a freebee subscription w/o disc, do they track multiple subscriptions on their website?

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/BOX/BO...=1074736043141
Old 01-22-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked online and it says my sub is current and active, so I'm hoping they will send me a replacement. I subscribed last Jan. after I got my XBOX and sent the renewal card back last month for the "disc version" of a subscription.
Old 01-22-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
I might pick this up.

How's the Everything or Nothing demo?
Old 01-22-04, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Edison
I just got done playing through the Suffering demo, that is one freaky game. I got goosebumps
Sweet. I can't wait for this one.
Old 01-22-04, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Draven
I might pick this up.

How's the Everything or Nothing demo?
It's pretty entertaining. The sequence I played has you scaling down the side of skyscraper. Cool part is its a perspective above your character so Pierce is actually looking Straight down the whole time. You land on landings and stuff to go into rooms etc..
The title screen is nice with that Shannon Elizabeth? ie Girl from American Pie. She looks good as a bond girl
Old 01-22-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally posted by azeledge
It's pretty entertaining. The sequence I played has you scaling down the side of skyscraper. Cool part is its a perspective above your character so Pierce is actually looking Straight down the whole time. You land on landings and stuff to go into rooms etc..
The title screen is nice with that Shannon Elizabeth? ie Girl from American Pie. She looks good as a bond girl
Coolness. I've been looking forward to this one.
Old 01-22-04, 09:15 PM
Banned

Man talk about a nice domo disc. I like the thing about Jade Empire it was nice seeing that without it being just 1 min clips like off IGN. Also Links is alot more fun then I was thinking I will be buying it soon if it goes on sale. Also Amped 2 was great fun. Also on the Halo 2 video they said something about someone putting a bomb on MC and pushing him down a hole could someone explain WTF they was talking about? I know that said the guy who made it was going thorw a bad brake up but more info on it woudl be nice. Was it a video he made or part of the story he wrote or something?
Old 01-24-04, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
My thoughts on the demos:

James Bond: Did anyone else have aiming trouble on this game? I got tired of always shooting past or over someone. The graphics are definitely polished but I gave both Agent Under Fire and Nightfire a chance & ended up not liking either one of them. I'm gonna pass on this one.

Amped 2: Skateboarding is not my thing...which includes snowboarding.

Carve: Pretty poor graphics & not much to it. Similar to skateboarding games without the grinding. Pass.

Links 2004: I really liked this game. Thought it handled great. I am thinking about picking this one up now.

The Suffering: Awesome. It was everything I wanted Silent Hill to be. The sound is unbelievable & the atmosphere is very spooky. Play it loud with the lights off. And being able to change between 1st person & 3rd person is great. Beware...lots of cussing and tons of blood/gore.

Wrath Unleashed: Dullsville. Chess meets fighting game meets magic...or something. Just not my cup of tea. And the graphics suck.

I just wish they had included a demo of Top Spin in this bunch. Silent Scope looks like a definite buy for me as well as Jade Empire and Ninja Gaiden. BC still looks interesting. Pretty cool to have Xbox Live playable demos on this disc. I hope that becomes a new monthly trend.
Old 01-24-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
My thoughts on the demos:

James Bond: Did anyone else have aiming trouble on this game? I got tired of always shooting past or over someone. The graphics are definitely polished but I gave both Agent Under Fire and Nightfire a chance & ended up not liking either one of them. I'm gonna pass on this one.
It just seemed to play like the others, ie. more of the same. Although I like the Bond license, this one will probably be a rental first.

Carve: Pretty poor graphics & not much to it. Similar to skateboarding games without the grinding. Pass.
This one I enjoyed the graphics aren't steller, but it is only going to be a $19.99 title. I was actually able to complete the race in first on the first try, something that Waverace never allowed.

The Suffering: Awesome. It was everything I wanted Silent Hill to be. The sound is unbelievable & the atmosphere is very spooky. Play it loud with the lights off. And being able to change between 1st person & 3rd person is great. Beware...lots of cussing and tons of blood/gore.
Yeah I enjoyed this too, the cussing in the demo is all "bleeped" out which will not be in the retail I'm assuming. Took it to work last night and let a coworker try it. He didn't like the controls and thought the gore was too Mortal Kombatish. I'm waiting for the local EB to have the pre-order Suffering get Midway Arcade Treasures free deal.

I already own Links 2004, and SSX 3 (liked it more than Amped 2). I haven't got to try Wrath Unleashed yet but heard it was based like Archon so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-26-04, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I really liked this one. But I didn't have trouble aiming. I think there was some aim assist in the options... I targetted who I wanted to shoot (they get highlighted on-screen and Bond shoots at that person.)

Yeah this was really good. Freaky, in fact. I kept thinking I saw things and sometimes it was just the sparks from a wall outlet.
Old 01-26-04, 11:06 PM

shes incredible, especially in person

Originally posted by azeledge
Old 02-02-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by njchris
[B]I really liked this one. But I didn't have trouble aiming. I think there was some aim assist in the options... I targetted who I wanted to shoot (they get highlighted on-screen and Bond shoots at that person.)

Yeah this was really good. Freaky, in fact. I kept thinking I saw things and sometimes it was just the sparks from a wall outlet.
Or when you see something in the video screen walking up behind you and then exit the vid monitor and nothings' there!!! or those warring voices in your head. That's up there with Clive Barkers Undying. Everything's normal, then cast "scrying" while looking in a mirror and prepare to jump.
Old 02-02-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Anyone want to sell me their disc? Name a price.
Old 02-03-04, 04:28 AM

I was pleasantly surprised by the demo for "The Suffering." From the screens that I had seen of it previously in magazines and online, I thought it was going to be crap. But, it turned out to be pretty fun. I'll definitely get this one as soon as it comes out.
Old 02-03-04, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a lot of problems with the aim. I loved the graphics though so I may buy it.

By far the spookiest game I've ever played. Any game that could actually make me jump three different times is ok in my book. I will definitely buy this.

Wrath Unleashed: Dullsville. Chess meets fighting game meets magic...or something. Just not my cup of tea. And the graphics suck.
Yep, this blows chunks.