Reload this Page >

Harvest Moon for the GBA

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Harvest Moon for the GBA

Old 01-08-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harvest Moon for the GBA

How is Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA? I've been reading some of the reviews and am considering picking it up, as it sounds good. My wife will probably want the Gamecube version, so should I jsut wait for that one, or will having this one enhance the gamecube version at all?
Old 01-08-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From what I understand...the GBA one is the same as the old SNES one or something like that...its not new, just a port. The GC one coming in 2-3 months is a brand new game, and supposed to be good. In waiting, I purchased the PS2 Harvest Moon, and thought it was the worst game I had played in years, and sold it 2 days later. I now no longer want to buy the GC version, so I guess the experience saved me $50 I was hoping for something fun like Animal Crossing for my girlfriend and I, but instead got a very boring farm sim...and there were only about 4-5 things to do in the game, all of which were completely useless. Perhaps try before you buy if possible.
Old 01-08-04, 03:00 PM

Its not a port, its a brand new game in the same visual style as the SNES version. Gamespot gave it an 8.5, IGN gave it an 8.9. But they both agree that there is tons to do in the game and that its fun, I havnen't had a chance to get it yet but I've heard similar. There's a review here:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/harv...mt/review.html

I don't know much about the Gamecube version , but it got decent reviews in Japan. When does it come out here?
Old 01-08-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Outlaw
Its not a port, its a brand new game in the same visual style as the SNES version. Gamespot gave it an 8.5, IGN gave it an 8.9. But they both agree that there is tons to do in the game and that its fun, I havnen't had a chance to get it yet but I've heard similar. There's a review here:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/harv...mt/review.html

I don't know much about the Gamecube version , but it got decent reviews in Japan. When does it come out here?
i read those (IGN and Gamespot) reviews, which peaked my interest to begin with. sounds like a cool game. the gamecube version comes out in march 2004, and apparently will be enhanced by the GBA version.
Old 01-08-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I picked it up after a couple of people told me about it at work. Since it was out (on other systems) ages ago I can see where a lot of the Animal Crossing gameplay comes from. The GC version is different also and will feature connectivity with the GBA one, it will unlock new festivals and trigger other things.

Check out the following sites for some more info HM Otaku, and Harvest Moon Farm.

Old 01-09-04, 04:05 PM

Hey, good timing with this thread, yesterday IGN posted some A Wonderful Life impressions based off the english version after months of no news. Sounds pretty good.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/461/461...html?fromint=1

and thanks for those HM sites, they're really cool, especially the one with the drag and drop farm.