Search

ER: Season 2 coming 4/27

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ER: Season 2 coming 4/27

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
The prescription for unforgettable viewing continues in ER - The Complete 2nd Season. Follow the the lives, loves and losses of the doctors and nurses of Chicago's County General Hospital. Stars include Julianna Margulies, Gloria Reuben, Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Noah Wyle, William H. Macy, and Eriq Lasalle. Laura Innes arrives as Dr. Kerry Weaver.

Guest stars this season include Lucy Liu, Valerie Perrine, Robert Picardo, Chase Masterson, Piper Laurie, Red Buttons, Jake Lloyd, Charlotte Ross, Ving Rhames, James Farentino, Marg Helgenberger, Bibi Besch, and NBA superstar Scottie Pippen.

This 4-DVD box set includes 22 episodes from the the sophomore year of the show, plus a behind-the-scenes Featurette, some Audio Commentary tracks, a Gag Reel, and Outtakes. The video is presented in anamorphic widescreen, and audio comes in English Dolby Stereo. Subtitles are included in English, French, and Spanish, plus it is closed captioned for the hearing impaired.

The list price for ER - The Complete 2nd Season (a season which won an Emmy award for "Outstanding Drama Series" and was nominated for 15 others) is $59.98, and Warner Home Video will offer (for a limited time) a $10 Rebate with purchase of ER - Season 2 and any one other ER or The West Wing DVD Season set. Look for this to arrive on April 27, 2004.
Click here to see the cover art.

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 01-08-04 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-08-04, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip! My better-half's been waiting for this one...
Old 01-08-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah this is good to hear. i was starting to worry ER would end up being stuck with just a season 1 release. I will be buying it the day it comes out.
Old 01-08-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I have been waiting.
Old 01-08-04, 12:32 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to pick it up. I have only seen the newer episodes, and want to seen what happened before I started watching.
Old 01-08-04, 12:37 PM

I just wish Warner had released these in OAR instead of their matted widescreen presentation. Whether it was shot "widescreen-safe" isn't the issue (though I heard they had to re-make the guest star captions on the "widescreen version" to make them not get cut off the screen). All but the most recent seasons were presented in 4:3 and, IMO, that presentation should have been preserved.

This isn't nearly as bad as what's going to be done to Kung Fu (which definitely wasn't shot widescreen-safe), but to me, it's the same principle. We're on the way to the reverse problem of pan-n-scan if this turns into a trend.

I guess that's another "no sale" for me.
Old 01-08-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you so much for the info. I've been waiting forever for Season 2 to come out.
Old 01-08-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
NO.... FREAKING.... WAY.....

That's about six months right?

GO ER, it's your birthday It would be awesome to get a new one every six months.